Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober
    RedSoxtober=Andy

I grew up in Reading, MA (15.5 mi from Fenway) and am old enough to remember watching the Sox on a rotary dial tuner TV that you hand to hang on to the antenna just to get a decent signal on a rainy saturday afternoon. I recall the "best doggone team in the land" commercials WSBK used to run, the Bucky ^%&*$ Dent game (which we watched on TV in my fifth grade class!). I was smack dab in the middle of Mets Mania in '86 -- I was a freshman at Cornell university and outnumbered about 98-2 watching the WS on a community TV. I was eating dinner at my sister-in-laws while watching Petey come in from the 'pen in the playoffs and '03 I felt like Aaron )(*^&(*&^(*&^ Boone shot my dog.

In '04 I infected my son with this Sox disease. We caught the next-to-last game of the season in BAL (my brother-in-law lives spitting distance from Camden). That game sealed the deal for him. In a 20x15 seat section of box seats the only two O's fans were my brother-in-law and nephew. My son cheered every pitch and got high-5's from everyone when the Sox scored. He can still tell you every play from the game.

Anyway, I'm now 38 and living in Greenville, SC -- home of the Sox mid-A affiliate Greenville Drive and their new West End Park home modeled on Fenway. By day I'm a programmer (C++, C#, Ruby) and I have an affinity for numbers which will probably be apparent soon enough... I've got a BS in Elec Engr from Cornell and a MS in Biblical Studies from Gordon-Conwell. Enough background?

Cheers,
    Andy

great to have you aboard andy/redsoxtober. i have a friend at cornell right now thats going for a double major in enviornmental and aeronautical engineering. im not sure if he's still alive...

be sure to head to those greenville drive games and tell us how those kids are doing

2007 World Series Champions

Founding Member of the Jacoby Ellsbury Initiative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adamxc12
    great to have you aboard andy/redsoxtober. i have a friend at cornell right now thats going for a double major in enviornmental and aeronautical engineering. im not sure if he's still alive...

be sure to head to those greenville drive games and tell us how those kids are doing
    Double major at Cornell Engr school? Good luck! Not a game I'd want to play anymore...

Combine cruddy weather with the academic stress and an ample supply of steep sided gorges... there's a reason why Ithaca, NY has the highest per-capita suicide rate in the nation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober
    Double major at Cornell Engr school? Good luck! Not a game I'd want to play anymore...

Combine cruddy weather with the academic stress and an ample supply of steep sided gorges... there's a reason why Ithaca, NY has the highest per-capita suicide rate in the nation.
    i talked to him on the phone yesterday because im still at UMass and he finished up the year and he said "i feel like i just had a labotamy and an enema at the same time".

2007 World Series Champions

Founding Member of the Jacoby Ellsbury Initiative

vCash
    Ahh, the good ole days. :-)

vCash

Im Back...Sorta

Hey guys, Im back! well, it's not the old BoSoxFan, im actually his son... let me catch you up to speed...he used to talk of this place like family...
    when he left...or the reason he left...was because he got a divorce from my mum and he just didnt have any time on his hands, and he asked me if i wanted the account... at the time i said no, but i was in school and didnt have time to devote, but that was quite a ways back... im out of school now and i'd really love to voice my opinion and it looks like some people that were here when my dad was here are still here so that's great!
    NESN, Thank you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxfan
    Hey guys, Im back! well, it's not the old BoSoxFan, im actually his son... let me catch you up to speed...he used to talk of this place like family...
    when he left...or the reason he left...was because he got a divorce from my mum and he just didnt have any time on his hands, and he asked me if i wanted the account... at the time i said no, but i was in school and didnt have time to devote, but that was quite a ways back... im out of school now and i'd really love to voice my opinion and it looks like some people that were here when my dad was here are still here so that's great!
    good to have you back but why not make an account for yourself?

vCash
    i dunno...just kinda nostalgic, and plus... this has sooo many posts on it already... cant let them go to waste
    NESN, Thank you...

vCash
    i dunno...just kinda nostalgic, and plus... this has sooo many posts on it already... cant let them go to waste
    fair enough. you're not breaking any rules on user names or anything so welcome aboard bosoxfan 2.0.

we do a series thread for each series the red sox play, care to make one for the one against the nationals?

vCash
    Welcome, your dad was a great poster here...

vCash
    ok, i posted the matchups, etc. i hope its a good enough analysis...
    and americaspasttim, thank you very much, im sure he would appreciate that, and hopefully i can be just as good if not better
    NESN, Thank you...

vCash
    ok, i posted the matchups, etc. i hope its a good enough analysis...
    and americaspasttim, thank you very much, im sure he would appreciate that, and hopefully i can be just as good if not better
    Tell him hi for me ...

vCash
    i certainly will, he'll be psyched that im actually on this so that should be suprise enough alone, but i will definatly send him your salutations lol
    NESN, Thank you...

vCash

Welcome to the Red Sox Forum!

welcome to the red sox forum! all new members please introduce yourself in here so the rest of us can get to know you.

to all the guests, hopefully you'll make an account soon and join the discussion.

vCash

Rhode Island Fan

Hi I'm Sean, 17 years old from Rhode Island. Been a Hardcore Redsox fan for years. Got a signed rookie photo of Papelbon, by far my favorite player in baseball!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox2212
    Hi I'm Sean, 17 years old from Rhode Island. Been a Hardcore Redsox fan for years. Got a signed rookie photo of Papelbon, by far my favorite player in baseball!
    Welcome to the forum. The only reason I'm making this (somewhat creepy) post is to comment that I'm 18, so we're close in age.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast