Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mooz
    My name's Josh aka Mez aka mooz. I have been slacking rediculously bad on my following and posting on this board but I'm going to try and fix that. All of you old school PSD'ers more than likely remember me but to the new guys, I just thought I'd introduce myself. Am I still a mod tho?
    Stick around man, you've been missed. And Yes I believe you are still a mod...

vCash
    wow, i love this thread. It's so cool to actually read about where people are from and what there story is. It's pretty neat.

vCash
    my name is adam(pretty obvious, i know) im a freshman at UMass Amherst via the University of Central Florida. i started this thread and figured i might as well lay some of my info out to be fair. ive been going to this site almost religiously for like 3 years to find out what the red sox were doing and joined the boards in october.

2007 World Series Champions

Founding Member of the Jacoby Ellsbury Initiative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adamxc12
    my name is adam(pretty obvious, i know) im a freshman at UMass Amherst via the University of Central Florida. i started this thread and figured i might as well lay some of my info out to be fair. ive been going to this site almost religiously for like 3 years to find out what the red sox were doing and joined the boards in october.
    UMass Amherst? I've got some buddies that go there. I'm from Adams, MA.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    I was in Gulf Port Miss. doing hurricane relief when I met this guy who was in the right field stands in St. Louis when the Red Sox won the world series. He told me that he met some people in the seats in front of him who were from the New England area. When there were two outs in the bottom of the ninth these people brought out a jar that was filled with ashes of family members who were Red Sox fans. Every year since 1921 as family members died some of their ashes were put into this jar. The story goes that when the Red Sox won the World Series the surviving members were to take the ashes and spread them accross the field when it was over.They had no idea it would take 86 years. I thought it was a great story and thought I would pass it along.

vCash
    so i see that there are 6 guests on this forum right now. come on fellas make an account!

vCash
    Im Matt. Been a Sox fan since mid 1994. I've missed only 10 sox games on tv in 12 years. Im from Chicopee Mass. Mostly everyones a Sox fan here, no real competition from the Yankee fans. Excited about this year, expect a big ear out of Coco and Lowell, they're gonna be great from us.

vCash
    Welcome! Nice to see more sox fans here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxlova
    Im Matt. Been a Sox fan since mid 1994. I've missed only 10 sox games on tv in 12 years. Im from Chicopee Mass. Mostly everyones a Sox fan here, no real competition from the Yankee fans. Excited about this year, expect a big ear out of Coco and Lowell, they're gonna be great from us.
    Welcome aboard Matt.

10 games in 12 years? Don't you work? Day games alone you'd have to miss 10 games a year.

I'm the same way with the yanks never miss a game(when possible)...but thats quite an impressive record to boast. I mean no doctor's appointments? Weddings? etc.

"You play the game to win the game, and not to worry about what's on the back of the baseball card at the end of the year."
    - Paul O'Neill

vCash
    so i see there are 4 guests lookin at the sox board right now...cmon people make an account. its a good time and it costs nothing. chop chop you know you want to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim
    Lucky...up here in NH its friggin cold. Wish I was in FL...
    Friggin cold? Pu$$y

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adamxc12
    so i see there are 4 guests lookin at the sox board right now...cmon people make an account. its a good time and it costs nothing. chop chop you know you want to

Sometimes I look at the board and forget to sign in......

vCash
    Hay mooz, welcome back yet again.

vCash
    Would any of the 9 guests on our board care to make an account today?

vCash
    RedSoxtober=Andy

I grew up in Reading, MA (15.5 mi from Fenway) and am old enough to remember watching the Sox on a rotary dial tuner TV that you hand to hang on to the antenna just to get a decent signal on a rainy saturday afternoon. I recall the "best doggone team in the land" commercials WSBK used to run, the Bucky ^%&*$ Dent game (which we watched on TV in my fifth grade class!). I was smack dab in the middle of Mets Mania in '86 -- I was a freshman at Cornell university and outnumbered about 98-2 watching the WS on a community TV. I was eating dinner at my sister-in-laws while watching Petey come in from the 'pen in the playoffs and '03 I felt like Aaron )(*^&(*&^(*&^ Boone shot my dog.

In '04 I infected my son with this Sox disease. We caught the next-to-last game of the season in BAL (my brother-in-law lives spitting distance from Camden). That game sealed the deal for him. In a 20x15 seat section of box seats the only two O's fans were my brother-in-law and nephew. My son cheered every pitch and got high-5's from everyone when the Sox scored. He can still tell you every play from the game.

Anyway, I'm now 38 and living in Greenville, SC -- home of the Sox mid-A affiliate Greenville Drive and their new West End Park home modeled on Fenway. By day I'm a programmer (C++, C#, Ruby) and I have an affinity for numbers which will probably be apparent soon enough... I've got a BS in Elec Engr from Cornell and a MS in Biblical Studies from Gordon-Conwell. Enough background?

Cheers,
    Andy

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast