Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

The N00b Thread

to all new members that are red sox fans, introduce yourselves in here. yes that means you to the 6 guests that are viewing the thread. go set up an acct pronto

2007 World Series Champions

Founding Member of the Jacoby Ellsbury Initiative

vCash
    I'm kinda new so I'll start first....

I've been a Red Sox fan since I was 8 years old. I'm now 20 going on 21. The baseball park is like a place that I can go and forget about paying bills, where's my life going and so on.

I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario so I'm less then a hour away from Toronto I buy all 10 games in Toronto vs Boston. This year will be my first going to Boston to see a Red Sox game. Red Sox VS Philly in the infied Grandstand as well as out near the monster.

My Nickname at work is Fever Pitch like the movie becuase of how much I watch Baseball and the Red Sox.

Go SOX!

vCash

hey

hey, i am a sox fan from Rhode Island, i am a freshman at franklin and marshall college in Penn. I am really sick of all these phili and pittsburg fans. I also miss WEEI so i needed a way to get my sox fix every day. So here i am. really excited about this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chas1234
    hey, i am a sox fan from Rhode Island, i am a freshman at franklin and marshall college in Penn. I am really sick of all these phili and pittsburg fans. I also miss WEEI so i needed a way to get my sox fix every day. So here i am. really excited about this season
    go to weei.com and create an account there. you can listen to the radio live. that should solve your weei proble, i cant really help you with the pitt and philly fans tho

2007 World Series Champions

Founding Member of the Jacoby Ellsbury Initiative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adamxc12
    go to weei.com and create an account there. you can listen to the radio live. that should solve your weei proble, i cant really help you with the pitt and philly fans tho
    Don't tell him that, we want him to think this is the only Red Sox lace on the web Anyways, welcome chas, always good to have more Sox fans around...

vCash
    Hey, i've been on here for a few months but i guess I'm relatively new. I'm a 24 year old recent college graduate living in Rochester, NY and I'm a beer columnist. I'm pretty much in the heart of yankeeland but I've always been a red sox fan. My mom and her brother both went to college in Mass. When i was little he used to make me listen to Red Sox games and would always yell at me if i came over to his house with a yankees hat on. As far back as i can remember i have always loved the sox. It's tought living among so many yankees fans, although i did find a Red sox bar here and it's actually within walking distance.
    Last edited by BillyBeane; 02-27-2006 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Rochester I'm like 20 minutes from ya

vCash
    Come on Guests JOIN!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I'm Mike. Pretty new here. I live in NH and I'm a young'n (only 15). I play baseball (P, 1B). That and watching/discussing baseball is essentially my entire life. I am in Florida right now, though, and I will be seeing Dontrelle start later today...hoorah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patterson34
    I'm Mike. Pretty new here. I live in NH and I'm a young'n (only 15). I play baseball (P, 1B). That and watching/discussing baseball is essentially my entire life. I am in Florida right now, though, and I will be seeing Dontrelle start later today...hoorah!
    Lucky...up here in NH its friggin cold. Wish I was in FL...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim
    Lucky...up here in NH its friggin cold. Wish I was in FL...
    Friggin cold? Pu$$y

vCash
    Its snowing here in CT...Lucky your probably going to the beach

vCash
    Haha, when I left Logan on Sunday at 6AM it was 5 degrees..right now it's in the low 80's . It was a good game today, too. 6-4 Marlins. Dontrelle was very solid the first two innings but slipped up a little in the 3rd and they took him out. I met Hanley Ramirez for the second time now, except this time he was in a Marlins uniform.

vCash
    I'm from St. Catharines, Ontario originally so I've only been to Fenway 6 times. I shouldn't say only because for a working stiff from Canada, six trips to Boston (seven actually. I was there in May of '84 on band exchange, but the Sox were in Cleveland) that ain't too bad.

My first game at Fenway was in August of '91 v. the Indians. Denis Boucher, Glenallen Hill and Hard-hittin' Mark Whiten (Don't ask me how the hell he ever earned that nickname) had just went from the Jays to the Indians for Turner Ward and Tom Candiotti. I remember Jays' fans *****ing about it for weeks before I left, and none cried more or harder than those crybaby radio sports reporters from Toronto.

I arrived in Boston during a hurricane and the game I was supposed to attend on the 20th was rained out. So being the doorknob that I am, I headed for the box office to see if I could get my money back. The guy in the wicket told me I should come back the next day for the doubleheader. I told him I was headed for Cooperstown and I had a very difficult time getting a hotel there in August. He just looked at me said, "Clemens is pitching the twilight."

That was all I needed to hear. I just looked at him with my eyes a little wide and said, "no ****?" He just smiled and winked at me.

I showed up early the next day to explore the area around Fenway. The weather was lousy the previous day, so I didn't get a chance to see much. I don't want to ramble, so I'll just tell you that Hesketh pitched the first game, and to be honest, I don't remember much about the game itself; I couldn't take my eyes of the park and I spent most of my time wandering around, being friendly (which I usually am anyways) so I could see us much of it as possible. I don't remember Boggs' triple (I was probably gawking at something) but I do remember Albert Belle's home run in the eighth.

Of course, the second game I will never forget. Clemens went seven innings, striking out nine and allowing eight hits. Not his best performance, but certainly not his worst.

Another thing about the game is I had the chance to see Steve Olin Pitch shortly before he was killed in that boating accident in Florida. He gave up 3 hits including a game winning home run To Boggs in the 9th.

Jodi Reed had a good night as well. He went three for four including a double and an RBI. Alex Cole had the best game with a lead off single and going three for four with two runs, an rbi and a stolen base, which of course, is what he got paid for.

When I got to Cooperstown, I slept in my car, but that's another story.

vCash
    My name is Gary, and I live I Ocala Florida. I became a Red Sox fan when Fisk hit his home run in the 1975 world series. I remember as a kid setting up the back room of our house to look like the infield and pretending I was Fisk waving the ball fair. In the 30 yrs that Ive loved the Red Sox my heart has been broken, and it has rejoyced, it has hated(The Yankees), and it has loved(2004). The one thing that remaines constant is opening day, and the games to be played. Thank God for Carlton Fisk and his foul pole glancing home run, and a life time of Red Sox memories.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast