Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red Sox (17-14) at Brewers (16-16)

Game 1: Pomeranz (3-1, 4.00) vs Peralta (4-2, 4.88)
    Game 2: Kendrick (0-1, 13.50) vs Anderson (2-0, 2.86)
    Game 3: Rodriguez (1-1, 3.07) vs Nelson (1-2, 4.83)

Q: Does Kendrick prove, once and for all, that Spring Training stats are meaningless?

Kendrick is bad. He can't strike anyone out so when he gets hit, he gets hit hard. The sooner he's out of the rotation, the better.

Hoping we win 2/3 this series. The Twins series was awesome, and wish I could have posted...but didn't look like we had anything positive to say anyway.

This forum is just so positive these days!

Anyway, this should be a fun one for sure and intrigued to see how the arms do.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I hate national league rules. A guaranteed out in the 9 hole and a chance to get pitchers injured! Yay!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Anderson Espinoza... that is all.

Of course Pomeranian gives up 5 ****ing runs this early in the game. Gee I wonder why
    San Diego wanted to get rid of him ? I said it last yr and I'll keep saying it He sucks and we're
    stick with him. I'd rather have a blind one arm pitcher than him.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Pomeranian
    Oh, you are just so clever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Oh, you are just so clever!
    I call him Pomeranian too lol!!

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Of course Pomeranian gives up 5 ****ing runs this early in the game. Gee I wonder why
    San Diego wanted to get rid of him ? I said it last yr and I'll keep saying it He sucks and we're
    stick with him. I'd rather have a blind one arm pitcher than him.
    Who would you choose between Pomeranian and Buchholz? LOL!

Darryl

Oh look we struggled today and look at the activity!

Oh joy.

Tough loss today, Pom was his worst so far this year, but that's fine as long as he gets back at it next time out. Offense is getting alive, and that makes me very happy. Beni and Betts have yourself a game!

Hembree sucked tonight too! Can't blame the offense tonight. Abad's about the only pitcher that looked good.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by The Allen View Post
    Oh look we struggled today and look at the activity!

Oh joy.

Tough loss today, Pom was his worst so far this year, but that's fine as long as he gets back at it next time out. Offense is getting alive, and that makes me very happy. Beni and Betts have yourself a game!

"Yup, time to hang the hats up boys... this season is over." - every pink hat in Boston.

Here's the thing... those of us who didn't like the Pomeranz trade were told to sit down and shut up because the deal was going to pay off over the next couple of years even if his acquisition did not make an impact in 2016. Whether or not you like it, those angry feelings are going to come out when he spits the bit in the big payoff period. That's not being a pink hat; that's criticizing bad performance... unless you think that 5 runs in the first inning is acceptable from a pitcher just handed a lead.

Pomeranz has, unfortunately, started to remind me of the routine that Casey Kelly got into before we dealt him for A-Gon (go back and check if you like -- I didn't mind dealing him at the time because of this but deeply regretted losing Rizzo). Basically, every fifth start or so is a disaster. His overall line will not look great because of it. You've just got to hope that he's spot on in the other four starts.

I'm fairly concerned that he's returning to the type of pitcher that he was before his return to the starting rotation last spring. When he was acquired, Bannister noted that his breakout performance with SDP was not a huge surprise because of the shift in his pitch mix to one that more closely resembled Kershaw's. Those kinds of guys, Bannister suggested, could pitch to contact and get results. Welp, his mix has changed back towards what it used to be and his results may follow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Here's the thing... those of us who didn't like the Pomeranz trade were told to sit down and shut up because the deal was going to pay off over the next couple of years even if his acquisition did not make an impact in 2016. Whether or not you like it, those angry feelings are going to come out when he spits the bit in the big payoff period. That's not being a pink hat; that's criticizing bad performance... unless you think that 5 runs in the first inning is acceptable from a pitcher just handed a lead.

Pomeranz has, unfortunately, started to remind me of the routine that Casey Kelly got into before we dealt him for A-Gon (go back and check if you like -- I didn't mind dealing him at the time because of this but deeply regretted losing Rizzo). Basically, every fifth start or so is a disaster. His overall line will not look great because of it. You've just got to hope that he's spot on in the other four starts.

I'm fairly concerned that he's returning to the type of pitcher that he was before his return to the starting rotation last spring. When he was acquired, Bannister noted that his breakout performance with SDP was not a huge surprise because of the shift in his pitch mix to one that more closely resembled Kershaw's. Those kinds of guys, Bannister suggested, could pitch to contact and get results. Welp, his mix has changed back towards what it used to be and his results may follow.
    He is not necessary any of our points that are getting annoyed.

Pomeranz is an iffy starter, pretty solid arm, but overall a number 4 guy we overpaid for. Everyone knows we overpaid for him, no need to keep saying it...that's just repetitive and annoying.

For me at least I have been annoyed by the fact that this team still is not all the way healthy, the offense is starting to wake up after some weird stuff happening in the first two weeks, and you all only bring activity to this once very fun forum when we either lose or something negative happens.

Pomeranz is not the issue with mine or I believe his post above. It is with all the constant *****ing and moaning over the past two years for a team that is actually pretty solid.

This is baseball, we are going to lose 60+ times a season...it happens. But when everyone is in here for those 66 times and not the other 96 then that's just ridiculous, and a few people are quite fed up with it. Everyone is turning into the one poster who everyone always tells to leave because he has nothing positive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Allen View Post
    He is not necessary any of our points that are getting annoyed.

Pomeranz is an iffy starter, pretty solid arm, but overall a number 4 guy we overpaid for. Everyone knows we overpaid for him, no need to keep saying it...that's just repetitive and annoying.

For me at least I have been annoyed by the fact that this team still is not all the way healthy, the offense is starting to wake up after some weird stuff happening in the first two weeks, and you all only bring activity to this once very fun forum when we either lose or something negative happens.

Pomeranz is not the issue with mine or I believe his post above. It is with all the constant *****ing and moaning over the past two years for a team that is actually pretty solid.

This is baseball, we are going to lose 60+ times a season...it happens. But when everyone is in here for those 66 times and not the other 96 then that's just ridiculous, and a few people are quite fed up with it. Everyone is turning into the one poster who everyone always tells to leave because he has nothing positive to say.

Pretty much sums it up... I just don't get the point of coming into a forum and *****ing about it. "Oh no, they lost a game... the world is coming to an end... I hate this team!" What exactly does that accomplish? Instead of doing that why not pour yourself a nice Blantons neat and "relax" with your significant other? That's what I do... and it keeps me very, very happy. If a sports team losing in the regular season ruins your day you really need to take sports a little less seriously, remember... the team, organization, and players don't give 2 hoots about you... so why let them piss you off?

the comments that really make me laugh are the "I hope they lose the rest of the season" type comments... no real fan would ever say that, that comment is a sure sign that you're a pink hat or just mentally unstable.
    Last edited by Bosston; 05-10-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast