Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Heyman: Red Sox Sign Sandoval 5/95 + Team Option

The Deal is for 5 years 95 Mil.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 11-25-2014 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Ill wait for an official source before I believe it. Crazy.

vCash
    Don't make a thread like this without a legitimate source.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1h1 hour ago
    Sandoval agrees to red sox deal. 5 years, close to 100M (believed to be just under) http://cbsprt.co/1xsaV2Y

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 55m55 minutes ago
    Gustavo Vasquez, agent for Pablo Sandoval, says his client is still weighing offers but no deal yet.

vCash
    I don't care for 102... if we can get him under 100 I'd be much happier but it is what it is. The off season just got even more interesting. Our lineup is going to be very good. We need to make some moves for pitching now. Hopefully one will be lester and we can put together a package for another guy

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1h1 hour ago
    Sandoval agrees to red sox deal. 5 years, close to 100M (believed to be just under) http://cbsprt.co/1xsaV2Y

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 55m55 minutes ago
    Gustavo Vasquez, agent for Pablo Sandoval, says his client is still weighing offers but no deal yet.
    That's why I didn't post a link earlier. I was waiting for a legitimate source to report it.

vCash
    Really stupid signing if this is true. I'm pretty sure this one will end in tears and regret. With the Heyman report, the report from his agents that he might decide today, and the plane picture, I have a feeling it is.

Well, we just invested just under $40M per year on two players with red flags all over them. Sandoval with his steady declining offense, biyearly weight issues, and durability concerns. Hanley with his durability issues, behavioral issues, and the fact he has never played the OF before. Despite his terrible defense at SS, moving him to the least valuable position on the field hurts his value as a player, unless it saves him from injury.

Sure, our offense has high upside now this upcoming season. It could also crash because we made very risky investments. Also, with Cespedes likely traded, there's really not much difference between him and Sandoval offensively. You could have played Hanley at 3B and Cespedes in LF, which would save us from the latter part of Sandoval's contract that even the positive people think will be ugly.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 11-24-2014 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43-:29298289
    Really stupid signing if this is true. I'm pretty sure this one will end in tears and regret. With the Heyman report, the report from his agents that he might decide today, and the plane picture, I have a feeling it is. Well, we just invested just under $40M per year on two players with red flags all over them. Sandoval with his steady declining offense, biyearly weight issues, and durability concerns. Hanley with his durability issues, behavioral issues, and the fact he has never played the OF before.

Sure, our offense has high upside now this upcoming season. It could also crash because we made very risky investments. Also, with Cespedes likely traded, there's really not much difference between him and Sandoval offensively. You could have played Hanley at 3B and Cespedes in LF, which would save us from the latter part of Sandoval's contract that even the positive people think will be ugly.
    I don't get how you can be so sure of this. Hanley at third would be bad news imo. He can't play defense at all and that would end up frustrating him. At least in Left field it's much more acceptable to be a poor fielder. Sandoval hasn't been a great player. Fact. But the other fact is he's a top 7 or so 3B in the league. Having a left side of Xander and Hanley would dispel a lot of trouble. Willing Sandoval keeps himself healthy and watches his weight we have a great player there and one who is key in the post season where it actually matters. It's risky but if we wanted to compete it's two moves that needed to be made, we needed a consistent hitting outfielder and a good 3B... we got both. The deal Hanley took covers the slight overpayment on Sandoval easily. I would've been comfortable with 4/5 for 75-80 I think he's definitely worth between 15 and 18 million due to inflation alone. This deal is not going to cripple us. We have a lot of long term financial stability right now. Lots of guys dropping off next year as well. Give me one WS in the next 5 years and it's worth every penny.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43-
    Really stupid signing if this is true. I'm pretty sure this one will end in tears and regret. With the Heyman report, the report from his agents that he might decide today, and the plane picture, I have a feeling it is.

Well, we just invested just under $40M per year on two players with red flags all over them. Sandoval with his steady declining offense, biyearly weight issues, and durability concerns. Hanley with his durability issues, behavioral issues, and the fact he has never played the OF before. Despite his terrible defense at SS, moving him to the least valuable position on the field hurts his value as a player.

I concur with your thought process, the back-end of either - maybe both - of those contacts could be more detriment than either player can make up for offensively. I think Hanley was a good sign, and moving him to LF sounds reasonable, but not for a player like Pablo (at that price).

I guess you could say a PS/WMB or Craig platoon would be okay, but for how long? Will Pablo's bat be big enough for 1B/DH a couple years down the trail? I'm skeptical on both terms.

I can't tell if I'd be happier with Pablo at 6/95 or 4/90. I think comparisons to Prince and Cecil are accurate, and it will show.

vCash
    @GordonEdes
    Michael Sandoval, Pablo's brother and agent, said report that Sandoval has deal with Red Sox is "not true"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85
    @GordonEdes
    Michael Sandoval, Pablo's brother and agent, said report that Sandoval has deal with Red Sox is "not true"
    Maybe not inked, but he's in town for a reason. Probably to take his physical and sign his name when/if he passes. Just my opinion, I've been following this twitter stuff back and forth all morning, so that's just how I see it coming together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theGhost-isGone View Post
    Maybe not inked, but he's in town for a reason. Probably to take his physical and sign his name when/if he passes. Just my opinion, I've been following this twitter stuff back and forth all morning, so that's just how I see it coming together.
    Where does it say he's in Boston?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85
    Quote Originally Posted by theGhost-isGone
    Where does it say he's in Boston?
    There was a picture this morning of a (large) hooded man on Twitter on a plane to Boston, he had 2 WS championship rings on. Can't really call it a source, but that's just what I saw.

This is how Boston conducts business. Until the contact is signed, their lips are sealed. Somewhat the same deal with HanRam, most recent news is both sides agreed and are "finalizing details".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I don't get how you can be so sure of this. Hanley at third would be bad news imo. He can't play defense at all and that would end up frustrating him. At least in Left field it's much more acceptable to be a poor fielder. Sandoval hasn't been a great player. Fact. But the other fact is he's a top 7 or so 3B in the league. Having a left side of Xander and Hanley would dispel a lot of trouble. Willing Sandoval keeps himself healthy and watches his weight we have a great player there and one who is key in the post season where it actually matters. It's risky but if we wanted to compete it's two moves that needed to be made, we needed a consistent hitting outfielder and a good 3B... we got both. The deal Hanley took covers the slight overpayment on Sandoval easily. I would've been comfortable with 4/5 for 75-80 I think he's definitely worth between 15 and 18 million due to inflation alone. This deal is not going to cripple us. We have a lot of long term financial stability right now. Lots of guys dropping off next year as well. Give me one WS in the next 5 years and it's worth every penny.
    3b better than Sandoval, in no particular order.

Beltre
    Donaldson
    Longoria
    Wright
    Seagar
    Carpenter
    Frazier
    Rendon
    Machado
    Hanley (as a 3B)
    Headley

Sandoval has red flags all over him to be a player that is done at around 30. If you can't see how ridiculously risky his contract is, then you are looking through blinders. Now that he has a huge contract I'm supposed to expect he's going to finally start taking care of his body on a yearly basis for the first time in his career?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    That's why I didn't post a link earlier. I was waiting for a legitimate source to report it.
    The comment earlier was that you should not start a thread without a legit source. Until there is a credible report this should have just gone to the other Panda thread.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast