Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(3-1) Boston Red Sox @ Miami Marlins (2-2)

Monday, April 2, 7:10 PM ET Game 1: Brian Johnson VS. Trevor Richards

Johnson: The lefty will start the season on the big league roster for the first time and his first start comes in his home state against the Marlins. Johnson, a former slugger for the University of Florida, is looking forward to getting a chance to hit.

Richards: Miami's No. 22 prospect will make his MLB debut on Monday. He was under consideration to be a September callup in 2017, and appeared to be headed to Triple-A this spring until he was promoted. He had a 2.53 ERA in 2017 at two Minor League levels

Tuesday, April 3, 6:10 PM ET Game 2: Chris Sale VS. Jose Urena

Sale: The ace was nearly unhittable in his first start, allowing one hit while striking out nine over six innings. Sale has pitched just once in Miami, giving up eight hits and five runs over 6 2/3 innings in a loss in 2016.

Urena: Urena had a tough opener against the Cubs, allowing four runs in four innings, allowing two home runs and hitting three batters. The right-hander looks to bounce back against the Red Sox. He's had success in his career at home, posting a 4.18 ERA.

Let's hope the Red Sox offense figures out how to string together a few substantive hits.

The batting looks weak right now.

Tonight's Lineup

RF: Betts
    LF: Benintendi
    1B: Ramirez
    3B: Devers
    SS: Bogaerts
    2B: Nunez
    CF: JBJ
    C: Vazquez
    LHP: Johnson

Leon will make his first appearance in the starting lineup this season against the Rays on Saturday, Ryan Hannable of WEEI.com reports.

Leon didn't make an appearance during the Red Sox's Opening Day loss and wasn't in the lineup for Friday's contest, but manager Alex Cora stated that the 29-year-old will be behind the plate when Rick Porcello takes the mound Saturday. With Christian Vazquez the primary catcher, it seems likely that Leon will only see marginal playing time this season
    Source: CBSports.com

After the 4 game set, im not sure how to feel about this team yet. it seems like good starting pitching and timely hitting is our very early MO which im okay with. thats really what it takes to win.

The starters have been terrific, but then again, that was the Rays. Even though it was only one game (they were good the rest of the series), the bull pen still has me a little shaky. Lineup can go through droughts but we still found ways to win which thats what it is all about

First Sim League Title!

4/3/18 Lineup

Eduardo Nunez, 2B

Andrew Benintendi, LF

Hanley Ramirez, 1B

J.D. Martinez, RF

Xander Bogaerts, SS

Rafael Devers, 3B

Christian Vazquez, C

Jackie Bradley Jr., CF

Chris Sale, LHP

Jbjr is absolutely useless at offense. Also, what happened in the 4th is why jd isn't playing outfield more often. He should have caught that ball

Can't wait until ST is finally over... Sale could strike out 21 tonight.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Can't wait until ST is finally over... Sale could strike out 21 tonight.
    Dream away. Add to it, the Red Sox offense is not sharp.

Am i the only one who doesn't agree with Cora pulling the starters so early in these games? When one of our starters suck and needs to be pulled after 3 innings, our bullpen will be gassed

God his offense is painful to watch. Grounders and pop ups. What's new
    Last edited by bosox1899; 04-03-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Martinez is really earning his contract so far :sarcasm:

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    Am i the only one who doesn't agree with Cora pulling the starters so early in these games? When one of our starters suck and needs to be pulled after 3 innings, our bullpen will be gassed
    He was over 90 pitches, and it is said they wanted to keep Sale's pitch count and innings down so he doesn't fade down the line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Allen View Post
    He was over 90 pitches, and it is said they wanted to keep Sale's pitch count and innings down so he doesn't fade down the line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Not just tonight. He's been taking out all the starters with less than 90 pitches. He's wearing down the bullpen way too fast

Looks like bogaerts is back to his regular self again haha

So was this coras fault for leaving Kelly in or was it something else? I'm not watching the game. All i know is wheni shut the app off with the sox up 4-0. I had a feeling they were going to blow it because they tend to dothat all the time
    New season, same crappy offense
    God nunez is slow. How do you not beat out a passed ball like that?
    Cora is doing a ****** job with the pitching management. He keeps pulling the starters after only throwing 80 pitches then turns to the bullpen. In a month or two, the bullpen will be out of gas and the starters will be pitching like crap. I don't see him making it as a big league manager. He's better than kapler though
    Jbjr is absolutely useless at offense. Also, what happened in the 4th is why jd isn't playing outfield more often. He should have caught that ball
    God his offense is painful to watch. Grounders and pop ups. What's new
    Martinez is really earning his contract so far :sarcasm:
    Not just tonight. He's been taking out all the starters with less than 90 pitches. He's wearing down the bullpen way too fast
    Looks like bogaerts is back to his regular self again haha
    Your negativity through 5 games is really impressive. You know there's 162 games in a season, right? Don't burn yourself out.

Also, we're 4-1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast