Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Home Opener: Red Sox (3-2) vs Orioles (5-0)

Game 1: David Price (1-0, 3.00ERA) vs Yovanni Gallardo (1-0, 1.80ERA)

Red Sox Lineup:
    Mookie Betts, CF
    Dustin Pedroia, 2B
    Xander Bogaerts, SS
    David Ortiz, DH
    Hanley Ramirez, 1B
    Travis Shaw, 3B
    Brock Holt, LF
    Blake Swihart, C
    Jackie Bradley, Jr, CF

Orioles Lineup*:
    Rickard, CF
    Reimold, LF
    Machado, 3B
    Davis, 1B
    Trumbo, RF
    Weiters, DH
    Hardy, SS
    Schoop, 2B
    Joseph, C

* Orioles have used a different lineup each day with the day-to-day injury to Adam Jones. This is a best guess given that Weiters and Joseph have alternated behind the plate, with Weiters at DH on "off" days.

We will see if the Sox are for real with this series. Will we give the O's their first loss....and hopefully their 2nd and 3rd loss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Nice pic by Hanley to bail out Bogaerts and end the inning.

~ Sasha Banks ~

Why wouldnt Farrell challenge that play at first base. Guy was off the bag. Farrell's mismanaging this team to begin the year. Every game it is something new.
    Boston Sports!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47:30839674
    Why wouldnt Farrell challenge that play at first base. Guy was off the bag. Farrell's mismanaging this team to begin the year. Every game it is something new.
    Yeah he was off the bag. Even Pedroia was saying shaking his head and looking at Farrell's direction.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Can you stop PH'ing Young for Shaw at the first sign of a lefty.

No pitching, same old ******* story more days of the week than not. Can't wait to see Buchholz get absolutely hammered on tomorrow, lmfao.

Just pissing away a fun young opportunistic offence for the second year in a row.

~ Sasha Banks ~

This is the crappy Red Sox team. Our ace can't even be consistent.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. Shaw hits lefties very well.
    Boston Sports!!

I'm usually pretty relaxed on this stuff, especially early in the season, but this is starting to get incredibly annoying. Farrell needs to stop PH'ing for Shaw. It makes no sense at all to take his bat out of the lineup.

Anyway, both Price and Kimbrel weren't good today. That won't happen very often. Just have to move on after a tough loss.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 04-11-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Agree with those against pinch hitting for Shaw.

But for everyone else, relax. Price won't always pitch like this and the pen has shown its quality, no need to start exaggerating a crisis because a guy has a off day.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. Shaw hits lefties very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    I'm usually pretty relaxed on this stuff, especially early in the season, but this is starting to get incredibly annoying. Farrell needs to stop PH'ing for Shaw. It makes no sense at all to take his bat out of the lineup.

Anyway, both Price and Kimbrel weren't good today. That won't happen very often. Just have to move on after a tough loss.
    FWIW, Shaw has a career line of .325/.349/.614 when given the opportunity to hit against lefties. Obviously that's too shaky for Farrell. (It should be noted, for whatever reason, his line is much worse against lefty relievers).

When asked, Farrell called the move "aggressive." Aggressive? Hm. It strikes me more like a guy who is trying to show how "smart" he is and how "different" he will be from the past. One who's working hard to find roles for guys like Young on an oddly constructed roster (WTF Castillo?).

Aggressive would have easily followed up the move by hitting Sandoval for Young with Ortiz and Hanley on in the seventh. Why not make that move? Farrell was worried that it could put Sandoval at the plate against Britton. But if you're going to be aggressive, that's not really a factor. Aggressive says that if the five hole comes up twice in the last two innings of the game then you've probably manufactured some runs and I can deal with (or don't need to deal with) another substitution. Or it goes the next step and gives Castillo a short in the 9th.

No, it's not aggressive. When you've done it in half the games during the season -- the three close games in fact. It's not aggressive when you do it that often... it's predictable.

It seems like the biggest spot of every close game so far has been late in games when the #6 spot of the lineup is up to bat and we're forced to play musical chairs off of our bench looking for the big hit.

Coincidence Farrell returns to the dugout and the ball club, with much more talent than it ended last season with, returns to .500? I don't think so.

~ Sasha Banks ~

The problem isn't the offense...what was there? 1 game that we got shut down...that's going to happen..but when we score 7 runs and 5 runs we should win those games. OK Price had a bad game and so did Kimbrell...that's going to happen too...but then you have the other 4 starters who suck...granted there's only been one start so far but so far they've shown us nothing. If this team is going anywhere then they need a legit #2 starter.

Darryl