Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boston Redsox (18-16) VS. Tampa Bay Rays (17-20)

Game 1: Friday, May 12, 7:10 PM ET

Rick Porcello

2-4| 9.35 K/9| 1.87 BB/9|1.66 HR/9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Cobb

2-3| 5.44 K/9| 2.09 BB/9|1.26 HR/9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game 2: Saturday, May 13, 1:05 PM ET

Chris Sale

3-2| 12.72 K/9| 1.92 BB/9|0.35 HR/9

Blake Snell

0-3| 7.18 K/9| 5.45 BB/9|1.24 HR/9

Game 3: Sunday, May 14, 1:35 PM ET

Drew Pomeranz

3-2| 10.45 K/9| 3.19 BB/9|2.03 HR/9

Matt Andriese

2-1| 8.26 K/9| 3.35 BB/9|1.56 HR/9
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 05-12-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Redsox Schedule Change

I think we take Games 1-2. Game 3 50/50

Eh, I just don't know any more. I liked the matchups in the last series and that didn't turn out too well. It's getting frustrating.

In anticipation of tomorrow's deluge, Rays-RedSox game moved from 7:10 to 1:05.
    @MaureenaMullen

The bats need to start waking up. 1 hit through 5 not going to help you win games.

Mookie!!

Honestly, just keep starting Marrero at 3B. We need defense there. Rutledge/Hernandez made way too many errors and they always seemed to hurt us big time. I know Marrero can't hit much but he's not that much worse than Rutledge.

Pomeranz exits with left triceps tightness. That happened to him in Spring Training also.
    IanMBrowne

Anderson Espinoza

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Anderson Espinoza

Anderson Espinoza has not thrown a pitch this season due to inflammation in his right elbow. He was shut down indefinitely in late April.
    brianmacp

Honestly, just fire Farrell. This team is uninspired. I know you can't nearly place all the blame on him but something has to change. The only real question is who's the replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    brianmacp
    Hindsight...

As with all Dombrowski trades, he sold high and bought high. You obviously didn't understand why I continue to post the same thing everytime Pomeranz pitches. Wasn't a fan of the deal, and I hate it even more now.

Hindsight...

As with all Dombrowski trades, he sold high and bought high. You obviously didn't understand why I continue to post the same thing everytime Pomeranz pitches. Wasn't a fan of the deal, and I hate it even more now.
    I wasn't a fan either AI. I'm with you. Kid had potential. I would like to say I enjoy Sale but the 2 players that I thought were untouchable were touchable. Now we have no farm system

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I wasn't a fan either AI. I'm with you. Kid had potential. I would like to say I enjoy Sale but the 2 players that I thought were untouchable were touchable. Now we have no farm system
    Funny thing is...

Bite the bullet on a closer ($$$) instead of trading for one, nix the Pomeranz deal, and you still have the pieces to make that Sale trade this offseason. White Sox loved JBJ so having Margot still in the system means Jackie could highlight the package along with Espinoza, Basabe, Allen and filler. You still have Moncada, Kopech and Devers in the system... all is well.

And we somehow continue to employ Farrell when Lovullo was clearly the much better choice. This franchise, hate to say it, continues to make the wrong hires.

Funny thing is...

Bite the bullet on a closer ($$$) instead of trading for one, nix the Pomeranz deal, and you still have the pieces to make that Sale trade this offseason. White Sox loved JBJ so having Margot still in the system means Jackie could highlight the package along with Espinoza, Basabe, Allen and filler. You still have Moncada, Kopech and Devers in the system... all is well.

And we somehow continue to employ Farrell when Lovullo was clearly the much better choice. This franchise, hate to say it, continues to make the wrong hires.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast