Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should We Just Fire Philbin Now.

I kind of am the the idea that due to his obvious idiocy. And damage he could possibly do to this team in the long run i.e. creating a QB contraversy for no apparent reason. Should we just fire him if he loses to Oakland. A loss here to me means this team needs a major shakeup. Starting Moore is self defeating. I want to see more from Lazor... but if Coyle and Philbin cant beat Oakland just with the talent alone I think it's time to cash out.

vCash
    After that press conference I'd be on board to letting him go of we loose this week.

What a joke that was. Tannehill and Moore both pretty much said not backing Tannehill has caused a distraction in the looker room. Tannehill having to name himself starter because the coach won't is nuts.

vCash
    I've never seen a coach do something like this and the crazy part is we are just 1-2 its only 3 games into the season and Philbin is doing this crazy act.

Is it to fire up Tanny? I don't think thats a good idea... I mean you gave him the job when he got here as a rookie now you want him to feel the competition??

I got to believe that with Dan Marino and Jason Taylor publicly saying that Phibin messed up, it kinda has left the writing on the wall.

We will see what happens. I have ideas for the next coach and his staff

vCash
    Our only hope for real success is the 49ers let Harbaugh go and we can swoop in. Between then I say give the reigns to Lazor and Coyle and let this run down the toilet all the way.

vCash
    Once again it's new head coach new Qb time...what's our options ???
    Cowher/Winston/Mariota/Cook
    Gruden/Winston/Mariota/Cook

vCash
    Harbaugh would be nice

vCash
    NO

We should get a time machine and go back to the end of the week 17 Jets game last year and fire him within minutes of that shameful collapse ending.

Then we should hire and new HC and new GM at the same time - two guys on the same page - with one of them being the clear leader of the franchise.

But if we can't find a time machine, then.........whatever........sooner rather than later........but QB change makes more of an impact that HC change imho (not to highjack the thread).

vCash
    Just beat Oakland. There's a lot that's going to change between now and the draft but it doesn't appear to be a very good one for us. Just a lot of defensive ends and tackles near the top and Mariota is far from a can't miss prospect.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Not only does Philbin need fired, so does Coyle. Both coaches have lost their players. Philbin lost them when not having Tannehill's back, and Coyle lost them, when players were furious with his defensive play calls. Wake is a beast! But how are you going to have him cover Joe McKnight?! C'MON MAN!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kendawg73; 09-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    Not only does Philbin need fired, so does Coyle. Both coaches have lost their players. Philbin lost them when not having Tannehill's back, and Coyle lost them, when players were furious with his defensive play calls. Wake is a beast! But how are you going to have him cover Joe McKnight?! C'MON MAN!!!!!!!
    Yep Wake on McKnight was Miami getting out-coached by KC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    NO

We should get a time machine and go back to the end of the week 17 Jets game last year and fire him within minutes of that shameful collapse ending.

Then we should hire and new HC and new GM at the same time - two guys on the same page - with one of them being the clear leader of the franchise.

But if we can't find a time machine, then.........whatever........sooner rather than later........but QB change makes more of an impact that HC change imho (not to highjack the thread).
    I might have a time machine we can use...
    Dodger fans...

vCash
    I don't like firing a coach this early on in the season because it scares off future HC's. But I'm perfectly ok with Harbaugh or possibly going after Gus Malzahn after the season.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    It's pointless firing him now. Its too late too install a new coaches system. If you fire Philbin now you are replacing him with either Coyle or Lazor. In my opinion Philbin gets until we are eliminated from the playoffs.

The final straw for me was the Buffalo game when he ran out the clock down 9-0 in the first half, even if he wanted to be conservative we picked up enough yards on the ground with about 1:30 left and 3 time outs he could of moved to get into field goal position. The more I talk about it the more it irks me.

I give him the ultimatum, playoffs or your fired. He has had 3 years and enough talent to at least make the playoffs in 1 of those 3 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I don't like firing a coach this early on in the season because it scares off future HC's. But I'm perfectly ok with Harbaugh or possibly going after Gus Malzahn after the season.
    Me either it usually does way more harm than good but in this case since Philbin is being a complete moron I might have to change my tune.

vCash
    I really have no idea what Philbin is thinking anymore. The dysfunction just reaches new heights each year. However this might explain it:

The Dolphins' Stadium Is Literally Built On An Indian Burial Ground

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast