Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Awesome thread. Might as well sticky it since it will probably be the most referenced thread of the off-season.

vCash
    2 max a must

vCash
    Thanks for the teams update. Greatly appreciated!
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Great thread. Thanks for your efforts!

vCash
    What are the rules on renouncing a player's bird rights, then signing him to a one year deal, and then to attempting to sign him the following year ?

Since the bird rights were renounced the previous year, is a team forced to use the money allocated by an exception ( MLE, LEE ) or can they still sign him while being over the cap ?

Appreciate any answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    What are the rules on renouncing a player's bird rights, then signing him to a one year deal, and then to attempting to sign him the following year ?

Since the bird rights were renounced the previous year, is a team forced to use the money allocated by an exception ( MLE, LEE ) or can they still sign him while being over the cap ?

Appreciate any answer.

Great question, I meant to cover that because its big in Lee's case....

We can renounce the player(lee) and then sign him again say to your one yr contract you specified....as long as the Knicks have cap space to do so....then the Player(Lee) does not lose his Bird Rights...

Why David won't do it:

-offers from other teams for a 5 yr deal and security in case of injury
    -more money yr one
    -fear the new CBA rules will be in affect or strike

Why he might do it:

- he gets no max offers
    -he loses his bird rights
    - he can make more money feeling the cap will go up and get 10.5% annual raises instead of 8% with other teams...

Interesting, wonder if donnie can sell him on another 7-8 yr deal, then cash in next yr??? doubt it very much...

Now I can't fly my airplane

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Great question, I meant to cover that because its big in Lee's case....

We can renounce the player(lee) and then sign him again say to your one yr contract you specified....as long as the Knicks have cap space to do so....then the Player(Lee) does not lose his Bird Rights...

Why David won't do it:

-offers from other teams for a 5 yr deal and security in case of injury
    -more money yr one
    -fear the new CBA rules will be in affect or strike

Why he might do it:

- he gets no max offers
    -he loses his bird rights
    - he can make more money feeling the cap will go up and get 10.5% annual raises instead of 8% with other teams...

Interesting, wonder if donnie can sell him on another 7-8 yr deal, then cash in next yr??? doubt it very much...
    If I was Lee & Walsh offered me another 1 year deal, I would be insulted. Don't you think? He's been waiting for unrestricted free agency and the freedom to secure a multi-year deal and i think that's what he'll take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    If I was Lee & Walsh offered me another 1 year deal, I would be insulted. Don't you think? He's been waiting for unrestricted free agency and the freedom to secure a multi-year deal and i think that's what he'll take.
    I agree for the most part....if it truly meant that we could secure david and still get two max players then yea I'd hope both can handshake or whatever...

but doing this only saves a couple mil and signing 2 max guy's David would have to agree to 2-3 MIL and that's not happening LOL

So this option is really futile, unless we get one Max, signe David for 8Mil and then get another FA for 10MIL......

But again the probability is slim to say the least...

vCash
    Still, I salute you.

vCash
    i doubt lee takes 1 year deal he's smart enough to know there is 50-50 chance max contract go down next year he's not gonna give up the opportunity to get one this year ... furthermore i feel lee doesn't fit well here he's the type of player who cares more about stats than defense and winning .. plus he has turned into a jump shooter now and only attacks inside when he's against slow centers he doesn't have that star mentality who will knock down shots in crunch time like bosh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaps View Post
    Still, I salute you.
    Thanks Giaps and everyone else...

It just made more sense this way because of the PM's and post questions, and the pleading for me to do it LOL....

It will probably be of more use as newer members join as well....

thanks again.......

vCash
    Ya know, I really wish the NBA was more like the NFL or MLB with the salary cap situation... It just seems so overly restrictive this way.

vCash
    The biggest problem is guaranteed contracts. If nothing else I hope the next CBA abolishes them...

vCash
    So it looks like the best duo right now would be Lebron and Bosh. How much money would we have left if we did sign both these guys? Would it even be enough to fill out the roster since there are only 4 ppl here next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    So it looks like the best duo right now would be Lebron and Bosh. How much money would we have left if we did sign both these guys? Would it even be enough to fill out the roster since there are only 4 ppl here next year?
    If its a staight up signing for two max guy's then we have very little left under 1MIL, but we can then sign as many as we need vet min contracts to fill out the roster...

If in obtaining one of the max FA's we can S&T with Lee, if done correctly Donnie would have over 6MIL left to sign another FA...

But yea it gets slim with 2 max guy's..............

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast