Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    The $10.11M is still correct because it assumed WC was renounced.
    Yeah, I was just going to check on that.

vCash
    Tracy McGrady is getting a serious look from the Clippers and could be ready to join the team.
    He would like to join the Heat, but the Clippers appear to be more interested now that Travis Outlaw is in New Jersey, and they could use some scoring punch off the bench. The Clippers have swung and missed a few times this summer, and many Clippers fans are probably hoping T-Mac, who has played in just 65 games in the last two seasons, doesn't become their first 'hit.'
    rotoworld

Honestly after hearing what he had to say earlier this year I thought he would sign with a team like the Lakers or Heat

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC521 View Post
    rotoworld

Honestly after hearing what he had to say earlier this year I thought he would sign with a team like the Lakers or Heat
    PC, you're ****ing blue man !

You're one of the blue people now.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Saw this and thought it was interesting...

Dampier can be traded...with a hitch

A couple of you asked about the NBA's trade rules, and how they would apply if the Charlotte Bobcats wanted to quickly move center Erick Dampier's unguaranteed, $13 milllion salary. Since these rules can get complex, I emailed the league, and here's what I was told:

Dampier's contract CAN be traded right now, but couldn't be aggregated with another salary to make a deal work until 60 days after being acquired by the Bobcats. In other words, if the Bobcats needed to move about $17 million to make a trade work, they couldn't combine Dampier's salary with Matt Carroll's ($4.3 million) to approximate that number until mid-September.
    http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...h-a-hitch.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Saw this and thought it was interesting...

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...h-a-hitch.html
    ...and?

Are you suggesting a Curry trade or something? I don't get it.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    ...and?

Are you suggesting a Curry trade or something? I don't get it.
    nope. just thought it was interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

nba lockout?

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/14/h....ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Insisting that the NBA's financial projections "strain credulity," players' association executive director Billy Hunter said Wednesday he's seen nothing to change his belief that a lockout is possible.

Hunter disputes commissioner David Stern's forecast of nearly $400 million in losses this season, countering that the league's basketball-related revenues increased to their highest point ever in 2009-10.

"Our position is that David is mistaken," Hunter told The Associated Press, adding he believes things are "much, much better than they maintain."

The league's collective bargaining agreement expires next summer. The sides have started negotiations toward a new one but remain far apart, creating fears of the first work stoppage since 1998-99.

"I'm preparing for a lockout right now and I haven't seen anything to change that notion. Hopefully I'll see something over the next several months," Hunter said. "As of this moment, it's full speed ahead for me in preparing the players for a worst-case scenario."

Stern predicted the $400 million loss during the All-Star weekend in February, amending it to about $370 during a press conference Monday in Las Vegas following a meeting of the league's board of governors.

The union was alerted to that projection last summer, but Hunter contends revenues turned out to be much higher than anticipated - though deputy commissioner Adam Silver said expenses were up, too.

"Part of the problem with the existing system is it's based largely on revenue, not net revenue," Silver said Monday. "Although our actual revenue numbers were better than what we projected, it came at a large cost. Our teams did a spectacular job in a down economy of increasing ticket sales, but that came at the cost of additional promotions, additional marketing, additional staff."

Hunter was already wary of the league's projections after it warned its teams last July that next season's salary cap could fall as low as $50.4 million. It was set last week at $58.0 million, even higher than this season's.

"Clearly it causes us some concern, causes us to question their numbers," Hunter said.

Hunter said the players will offer their interpretations of the league's finances at the next bargaining meeting. He said he hasn't heard anything from the league since the union submitted its proposal for a CBA earlier this month.

Stern said that proposal basically embraced the current system, but the league believes changes are necessary and the teams that spent freely during free agency did so because it was the only way they could win. Hunter disagrees, saying owners want a system where they can spend and "receive guaranteed profits unlike any other industry in America."

Stern also said the higher-than-expected cap didn't mean things were better than they were a year ago, but Hunter points to huge increases in season ticket sales in New York, New Jersey, Chicago and Charlotte as proof otherwise.

And since he said player salaries were down by about 1 percent this season, he still maintains the best way for the owners to get the help they need is from each other.

The union is calling for expanded revenue sharing among teams, with Hunter noting that a group of small-market owners recommended it to Stern a couple of years ago. Stern has said it will come after the agreement with the players, but Hunter said it should come as part of the deal.

"Revenue sharing has to be part of the process, has to be part of the total package," Hunter said.

Hunter thinks owners who lived through the 1998 lockout won't want to risk shutting the league down again, but wonders if some newer ones might be willing to sit out for a year or two. Just in case, he's telling players to save their money and stay united.

Hunter hopes "cooler heads prevail" and it won't come to that point, with the NBA receiving plenty of positive press during a seven-game NBA finals between the Lakers and Celtics, before the free agency period that saw LeBron James move to Miami.

"This is a high time for the NBA, a time for celebration," Hunter said. "So we're going to do everything within our power - I can't underscore that enough - to try to reach an agreement."
    I was just listening to Loud Mouths and they were talking about it saying its either NBA or NFL and they said its going to end up being the NBA.

vCash
    I shore the hell hope night it's just our luck to have a lockout when we have money under the cap........melo?

vCash
    this lockout has been an almost guarantee for the last 2 years. everyone knows it happening. get used to no knicks in 2011
    The 2011 Los Angeles Dodgers: "Who really gives a f@$k anymore?"

vCash
    Posturing at it's finest.

vCash
    I hope we get our guys (melo/paul) before all hell breaks lose!

vCash
    what if all players become FA suddenly and Teams are given 70mil cap to sign and max contract would be 13mil lol

chris paul
    Kobe
    Melo
    Durant
    Dwight

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617