Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Yeah, but we could also package Curry and an exemption (which the team can use for a player/players). If we are taking a shot on someone that can be boom or bust thats fine, but just to get someone to trade, well we can get the same results with the cap room.
    You can't combine exemptions with players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    You can't combine exemptions with players.
    You can if your giving the exemption. They would have to use it on 1 player per deal. In other words you can't use the exemption on a couple of people in the same deal, but you can break it up.

vCash
    Any chance the NBA takes a look at doing something about these states with no income tax? Seems unfair to other teams, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mecca View Post
    Any chance the NBA takes a look at doing something about these states with no income tax? Seems unfair to other teams, no?
    I would tend think it falls under the same catagory as its unfair to us paying taxes here in NY as everday joe's

you got to use what you can, its smart...

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I would tend think it falls under the same catagory as its unfair to us paying taxes here in NY as everday joe's

Exactly. They would have to address the Toronto disparity 1st.

vCash
    You can if your giving the exemption. They would have to use it on 1 player per deal. In other words you can't use the exemption on a couple of people in the same deal, but you can break it up.
    Yeah ?

vCash
    Did you guy's watch Miami, Chicago, nets, free up cap space?

teams will trade for a player like Turiaf for a 2nd round pick easily....the cap can be freed up quite easily....

He wouldn't have to opt out, teams would jump simply giving up basically nothing....

we will be the kings of 2nd round picks lol
    Yep... the guys we have now are SOOOO much easier to trade than Jeffries and Curry!

vCash

No doubt it's smart. I'm just suprised the other owners haven't made a stink about it yet, or maybe they have?

vCash
    No you have it backwards. A TPE is technically part of an old trade so you cannot add additional players because that old trade would become unbalanced.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Well done Ari,

but posters might not understand all the projections this way....this example as you state is keeping all the contracts, and if a player like Melo is available there is no way the Knicks hold onto these cap holds ( Chandler and Azubuike)

There are so many different scenario's the Knicks will have access to with the team constructed as is......

Now Melo who says he wants NY and amare, truly does than what will Denver do, just let him walk or get back some good young talent?

We have that at very reasonable contracts....Chandler can be S&T'd, Azubuike can be S&T'd, Randolph if playing with mike could be a great chip if needed.

Of course Denver might just want space options etc, but the flexibility is there...

So basically if the knicks want to keep the 9 contracts Ari listed and add in 3 roster spots, renounce all the cap holds or S&T them for picks...the total cap is 35.5MIL.....
    that leaves 22.5 mil in cap space....

And if we wanted to keep chandler we would have to move Turiaf and still have money for Melo.

I think to many fans think not having Lebron is an end all, to me that was winning the lottery, but Donnie still left us with another chance at winning the lottery....
    I updated the numbers here: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...&postcount=166

Basically if we renounce the rights to Curry, Buike, and Chandler we're looking at $13.35M now after the Felton signing.

So a sign and trade still remains our best bet for getting Melo.

We could renounce those three and do a S&T of cap room for Melo with the cap room getting the 125% boost. Or we could do a combination of cap room and some combination of Chandler/Buike/Gallo/pick/whatever.

Assuming it's Gallo+Chandler for Melo, with a re-signed Buike we'd look like this:

C Amar'e
    PF Randolph
    SF Melo
    SG Azubuike
    PG Felton
    Bench: Turiaf, Douglas, Walker, HOU#1, Fields, Rautins, Jordan, 1 to 3 '11 second rounders
    Last edited by ari1013; 07-10-2010 at 09:44 AM.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Damn that sucks, we would have to get rid of Chandler and Gallo/Randolph

Lets hope we can S&T Buike + Randolph + 1st rounders for Melo. Buike I think will have a good year (15+ PPG) so he will have good value

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Damn that sucks, we would have to get rid of Chandler and Gallo/Randolph

Lets hope we can S&T Buike + Randolph + 1st rounders for Melo. Buike I think will have a good year (15+ PPG) so he will have good value
    I think we'd be better off moving Chandler and Gallo. We really don't need Melo+Gallo+Chandler. We'd be better off with Melo+Randolph+Buike.

vCash
    ^You do raise a good point. I just feel that Gallo can be very useful as the 3 point guy. And he has a lot of potential...

But then again, Buike is the 3 point guy

vCash
    i dont think we will be trading Gallo or Randolph because they have so much upside that walsh would either put them as untouchables or be stupid to trade them

and also if we do a sign and trade they cant say who they want because the knicks have to agree otherwise he just walks and who said Carmelo is going to get a max?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    No you have it backwards. A TPE is technically part of an old trade so you cannot add additional players because that old trade would become unbalanced.
    Either I explained it wrong or just not understanding it correctly. What I mean is if we get a player in a trade we can trade a player and then give a TPE to make up the difference, not that we could use a player and a TPE. Or am I wrong on that.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast