Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2011 Salary Cap Thread

Since we're virtually done with our offseason moves for 2010, it's time to look to our cap situation for next season.

On the books:
    Stoudemire $18.23M
    Felton $8.25M
    Turiaf $4.36M (PO)
    Gallinari $4.19M (TO)
    Mozgov $3.24M (TO)
    Randolph $2.91M (TO)
    Mason $1.52M (TO)
    Douglas $1.15M (TO)
    Walker $0.92M (TO)
    Jordan $0.76M (TO)
    Landry $0.76M (TO)
    Rautins $0.76M (TO)

TOTAL = $47.05M

Cap Holds:
    Curry $16.92M (150% Bird)
    Chandler $6.93M (RFA)
    Azubuike $6.73M (200% Bird)
    First Rounder $1.50M (approx)

TOTAL = $32.98M

Now, of course we'd renounce the rights to Curry. But assuming we don't renounce any other rights and pick up all the team options (Turiaf won't turn down his $4M), assuming a $58M cap, our cap space will be -$4.12M.

If we renounce the rights to Mason, Curry, Azubuike, and Chandler our cap room will be
    $10.11M

For us to get to the $17.4M we need to sign a max contract we would need to renounce the rights to (or pull off a S&T for the max guy using) Chandler, Azubuike, Curry (obviously), and then on top of that either we give up on Gallinari OR Randolph OR Douglas/Walker/Rookie Trio.

Best chance of a max contract in 2011: Sign and Trade using some combination of HOU'11 #1, Chandler, Gallinari and/or Azubuike.
    Last edited by ari1013; 08-13-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Why not just renounce Curry and Azubuike, and then extend Chandler to a deal hovering around 6 million before free agency starts ?

That way, even with the ghost cap holds, we'd have just enough for a max contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    I was thinking maybe it could be smart to use the leftover cap to bring in one player for one year(basically giving ourselves another big expiring contract) and see if we can get value for it in February. I just don't see any reason why all that cap should go to waste.
    Cap room is valuable in trades because other team gets a TPE.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Still,

Carmelo seems like a New York kind of guy.

I would be much more thrilled to have Carmelo and kick Le*****'s *** than to have Lebron.

cosign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Why not just renounce Curry and Azubuike, and then extend Chandler to a deal hovering around 6 million before free agency starts ?

That way, even with the ghost cap holds, we'd have just enough for a max contract.
    If we did that we'd have $10mil. Not enough for a max.

vCash
    I get a feeling we will either trade Azubuike in a deal or renounce his rights... And I can see that happening.

vCash
    Is this what the Knicks franchise has come down to? Are we just going to keep saying "next year, next year." In 2010 we were expected to sign Lebron James. In 2011 we are expected to sign Melo. In 2020 we are expected to sign God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LastChanceToWin View Post
    Is this what the Knicks franchise has come down to? Are we just going to keep saying "next year, next year." In 2010 we were expected to sign Lebron James. In 2011 we are expected to sign Melo. In 2020 we are expected to sign God.
    well to be fair, GOD is a restricted FA in 2020...heaven will probably match any offer.

vCash
    Better than blowing it on second stringers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well to be fair, GOD is a restricted FA in 2020...heaven will probably match any offer.
    Omg...you had me dying with that.

vCash
    Lets sign Ridnour... but hopefully for 1 year so we can make a test run. Don't want it to blow up in our faces like DuDu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Better than blowing it on second stringers.
    ari i just don't understand? reports say we have about 14 mil under the cap right now and if we let curry and others expire how we will only have about 7 mil under the cap next season if this team remain as is? i thought we will have way over 20 mil in cap space including picking up our options that are still on rookie deals?

vCash
    Almost everyone outside of Amare and Turiaf are under 24 or maybe less. We are rebuilding. When rebuilding you hope for your talent to play well and you look to the future to see what moves you can make.

What is a better option, ***** that the breaks didn't go our way, shut the organization down and go home?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOZ THE KNICK View Post
    ari i just don't understand? reports say we have about 14 mil under the cap right now and if we let curry and others expire how we will only have about 7 mil under the cap next season if this team remain as is? i thought we will have way over 20 mil in cap space including picking up our options that are still on rookie deals?
    I think we are accounting for the pay raises as well as adding some players that we'd most likely have to add

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Since we're virtually done with our offseason moves for 2010, it's time to look to our cap situation for next season.

On the books:
    Stoudemire $18.23M
    Turiaf $4.36M (PO)
    Gallinari $4.19M (TO)
    Randolph $2.91M (TO)
    Douglas $1.15M (TO)
    Walker $0.92M (TO)
    Jordan $0.76M (TO)
    Landry $0.76M (TO)
    Rautins $0.76M (TO)

Cap Holds:
    Curry $16.92M
    Chandler $9.91M (RFA)
    Azubuike $6.73M (Bird)
    First Rounder $1.50M (approx)

Now, of course we'd renounce the rights to Curry. But assuming we don't renounce any other rights and pick up all the team options (Turiaf won't turn down his $4M), assuming a $58M cap, our cap space will be -$0.63M.

Of course if we match the MLE offer that Chandler is destined to receive (roughly going to be $5.75M) and if we like Azubuike, he'll probably get a deal starting at $4M. And so in that case our cap number is:
    $6.28M

For us to get to the $17.4M we need to sign a max contract we would need to renounce the rights to (or pull off a S&T for the max guy using) Chandler, Azubuike, Curry (obviously), and then on top of that either we give up on Gallinari OR Randolph OR Douglas/Walker/Rookie Trio.

Best chance of a max contract in 2011: Sign and Trade using some combination of HOU'11 #1, Chandler, Gallinari and/or Azubuike.
    Well done Ari,

but posters might not understand all the projections this way....this example as you state is keeping all the contracts, and if a player like Melo is available there is no way the Knicks hold onto these cap holds ( Chandler and Azubuike)

There are so many different scenario's the Knicks will have access to with the team constructed as is......

Now Melo who says he wants NY and amare, truly does than what will Denver do, just let him walk or get back some good young talent?

We have that at very reasonable contracts....Chandler can be S&T'd, Azubuike can be S&T'd, Randolph if playing with mike could be a great chip if needed.

Of course Denver might just want space options etc, but the flexibility is there...

So basically if the knicks want to keep the 9 contracts Ari listed and add in 3 roster spots, renounce all the cap holds or S&T them for picks...the total cap is 35.5MIL.....
    that leaves 22.5 mil in cap space....

And if we wanted to keep chandler we would have to move Turiaf and still have money for Melo.

I think to many fans think not having Lebron is an end all, to me that was winning the lottery, but Donnie still left us with another chance at winning the lottery....

Now I can't fly my airplane

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast