Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    So I taped my squats today:

335 x 1 PR

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...7.flv&newest=1

350 x 1 PR

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...8.flv&newest=1

I am all open for criticism, sorry for the ****** positioning on the camera.
    A few things id like to say....

1. Love the Ashlee Simpson song on the 1st tape
    2. Did you almost lose the weight on the way back up on the 1st tape? I always have a spot when i'm maxing just in case.
    3. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to form, you definitely stand a bit wider then i do.

Still, great job.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    A few things id like to say....

1. Love the Ashlee Simpson song on the 1st tape
    2. Did you almost lose the weight on the way back up on the 1st tape? I always have a spot when i'm maxing just in case.
    3. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to form, you definitely stand a bit wider then i do.

Still, great job.
    1. Hahhaha, thank god i only have a few more months left at a commerical gym.

2. Yes I did almost fall over. As you can see I was wearing wraps, This is just the second day ive used them ever and im still getting used to them.

3. I have awful flexibility and my hips are way too tight to squat any narrower.

Thank you sir

vCash
    Yeah I asked BK the same question in his progress thread about the wide stance. Great job none the less!!!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Haha, can definitely tell you want to do powerlifting from watching the video. Rockin the chucks

My stance might be wider than that, my hips are terrible as well

Squatting without a spot Im not sure why you backed up so much before lifting, use the whole rack, just take one or two steps back so you can be good if you fall forward or backward
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Haha, can definitely tell you want to do powerlifting from watching the video. Rockin the chucks

My stance might be wider than that, my hips are terrible as well

Squatting without a spot Im not sure why you backed up so much before lifting, use the whole rack, just take one or two steps back so you can be good if you fall forward or backward
    yes sir on rockin the chucks , I've had them for about 3-4 years now, I actually ripped a piece of support off today in the gym; i need to get some new ones lol.

Yea I'm still working on walking it out and setting my feet up, I take WAY too long and too many steps and movements.

Thanks guys.

vCash
    Well your squats are perfect compared to mine so great job!

I can't squat for shyet lol

vCash
    2 Hrs and 15 minutes of non-stop exercise. O_O

vCash
    I can't believe I forgot to post this on Friday.

So everyone know's I haven't done Heavy barbell shrugs in a while because I am on light weight/high rep/low rest cycle.

The most I've done on barbell shrugs are 560lbs (6/45lb plates plus a 10lb plate on each side. I of course use straps when going this heavy.

So on Friday, I was energetic and got through my workout rather quickly. Wen I was done with my workout, I decided to give heavy barbell shrugs a try to really test how much progress I've made.

So here were my numbers:

90 by 20

180 by 20

270 by 14

360 by 10

450 by 8

540 by 6

Since I was able to get 540lbs up 6 times, I decided to go for broke, I threw a 45lb plate on each side of the bar for a total of 630lbs. I had my straps on.

I do barbell shrugs on the squat rack, you know they have black studs/pegs on the rack so you can place the bar on. That's my starting point for my shrugs so it's kind of in a partial dead lift position wen I start.

I strapped down my wrists tight onto the bar, tok a deep breath and went for it. I got 630lbs all the way up and as I started my first shrug, the strap on my left hand snapped and the bar went crashing down onto the peg!!!!!

So 2 morals of the story today:

1. Always stand overt the pegs when doing shrugs so if god forbid the bar falls, it falls onto the pegs and not the floor or worse....your feet!!

2. If the strap didn't rip in half, I would have been able to get at MINIMUM of 1 or 2 shrugs out of it.

Has anyone ever seen or heard anything like this before?? Straps ripping??? This is a first for me!

vCash
    Lol...lucky you didnt hurt yourself...Been there with straps like that many years ago. Now I only use heavy duty straps. Ordered them online...Cant lift heavy with the cheap straps, they break after a while, as you obviously now know!!

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    Lol...lucky you didnt hurt yourself...Been there with straps like that many years ago. Now I only use heavy duty straps. Ordered them online...Cant lift heavy with the cheap straps, they break after a while, as you obviously now know!!
    What's the brand name of your's and where did you order them from?

vCash
    I will let you know...they are outside. Give me a few, just got out of shower.

vCash
    http://www.prowriststraps.com/

They are the best wraps ever.

I think I use these:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/105260

It takes a little getting used to since they are much thicker but once you do, you wont go back.
    Last edited by Warrior21; 04-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    ^^ yea they are. I dont use the actually straps, but I use the wrist wraps when I strongman lift. When I strongman its chalk and only chalk for the hands, but Im usually not maxing out or anything. I use straps at school. Cant say Im strong enough to have had them rip. Heaviest is probably 465 on shrugs. Never maxed.

And stamina, you dont have like a cage in your gym.. like to squat in? with adjustable safety bars? IMO its best to adjust safety bars to a shrug level and that way you have like 3 feet or so laterally to pickup/put down rather than just small pegs
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    My gym has this one:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/wp-c...squat-rack.jpg

And 2 of these:

http://crec.unl.edu/images/wgtroom/n...squat_rack.jpg

The second link is the one I use for deadlifts and barbell shrugs. Notice there are two black round studs (I call them pegs) in the front of the rack. That's where I rest the barbell.

vCash
    Thanks for the link Warrior, I will look into them.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast