Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    If you watch the two play the talent gap is evident.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,545
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    If you watch the two play the talent gap is evident.
    I've seen them both play a few times last year, and this year. It would be a waste since they have RNH. I think Seguin will have the better career, but not by much. Hall's a very skilled player, who sometimes just tries to do too much.

    Taylor Hall, like Seguin, will be a PPG player for a few seasons.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    It's never a waste to have two elite players. And no I don't think he will. Hall sucks.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,316
    vCash
    1500
    What's a PPG player?

    The End is Coming.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,545
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    It's never a waste to have two elite players. And no I don't think he will. Hall sucks.
    Seguin is at a PPG, Hall is just under it. Hall has been better through a year and a half, so I don't see how Seguin is by far a better player. Hall was fantastic last year, not so much Seguin. This is Seguin's breakout season, but he isn't that far ahead of Hall.

    Tyler Seguin has 25 points in 25 games.
    Taylor Hall has 18 points in 22 games.

    Tyler Seguin has 47 career points in 99 career games.
    Taylor Hall has 60 career points in 87 career games.

    Not far off thus far. Looks like both will be a star, and odds are they'll both be close to each other throughout their careers.

    So why have two centres, when you already have a future all-star in the middle? Much better having Taylor Hall, and then using Jordan Eberle (who's the best out of the bunch atm) on the second line, later in their careers.

    Edmonton isn't exactly loaded on the wing, nor were they when they drafted Taylor Hall.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    What's a PPG player?
    Point per game.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,316
    vCash
    1500
    oh I thought it might be different in hockey.

    The End is Coming.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    I've seen RNH play the wing a ton of times. It's not like hes incapable

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,545
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I've seen RNH play the wing a ton of times. It's not like hes incapable
    But he's much better in the middle.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    If you watch the two play the talent gap is evident.
    Code:
    Year 		Player 	GP 	G 	A 	P 	G/G 	P/G
    2005 	Sidney Crosby 	81 	39 	63 	102 	0.481 	1.259
    2007 	Patrick Kane 	82 	21 	51 	72 	0.256 	0.878
    2009 	Matt Duchene 	81 	24 	31 	55 	0.296 	0.679
    2009 	John Tavares 	82 	24 	30 	54 	0.293 	0.659
    2010 	Taylor Hall 	65 	22 	20 	42 	0.338 	0.646
    2008 	Steven Stamkos 	79 	23 	23 	46 	0.291 	0.582
    2006 	Jordan Staal 	81 	29 	13 	42 	0.358 	0.519
    2006 	Phil Kessel 	70 	11 	18 	29 	0.157 	0.414
    2009 	Evander Kane 	66 	14 	12 	26 	0.212 	0.394
    He's obviously not Sidney Crosby (who is?) but he's right in the midst of the Duchene, Tavares, Stamkos group. A better power play gets him clear of the entire group and right in behind Patrick Kane. His goals per game rate is even more encouraging. Toss out the season in which Jordan Staal shot a ridiculous 22% and Hall is the best non-Crosby goal scorer in the group. Wow.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    Code:
    Year 		Player 	GP 	G 	A 	P 	G/G 	P/G
    2005 	Sidney Crosby 	81 	39 	63 	102 	0.481 	1.259
    2007 	Patrick Kane 	82 	21 	51 	72 	0.256 	0.878
    2009 	Matt Duchene 	81 	24 	31 	55 	0.296 	0.679
    2009 	John Tavares 	82 	24 	30 	54 	0.293 	0.659
    2010 	Taylor Hall 	65 	22 	20 	42 	0.338 	0.646
    2008 	Steven Stamkos 	79 	23 	23 	46 	0.291 	0.582
    2006 	Jordan Staal 	81 	29 	13 	42 	0.358 	0.519
    2006 	Phil Kessel 	70 	11 	18 	29 	0.157 	0.414
    2009 	Evander Kane 	66 	14 	12 	26 	0.212 	0.394
    He's obviously not Sidney Crosby (who is?) but he's right in the midst of the Duchene, Tavares, Stamkos group. A better power play gets him clear of the entire group and right in behind Patrick Kane. His goals per game rate is even more encouraging. Toss out the season in which Jordan Staal shot a ridiculous 22% and Hall is the best non-Crosby goal scorer in the group. Wow.
    Honestly, hate to burst your bubble, but the Rangers' Derek Stepan had better numbers than Steven Stamkos his rookie season (last year) Those stats don't mean much unless you are willing to put Stepan up there, above Evander Kane.
    http://relicradiation.com My band. Download our 2014 demo free. Progressive rock.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Hate to burst your bubble but they still have merit even without Stepan. Stepan has nothing to do with this conversation other than he had a good rookie season. You only complain bc you're a NYR fan...

    The above poster I responded to said Hall sucked and Seguin was much better. My evidence proves Hall is just short of the elite group of young players. And better than Seguin.

    Stepan had a good rookie season, but he's not in Hall, P. Kane, Tavares region.

    Also in what word was Stepan's rookie campaign better than Stamkos?

    Stepan had 21 goals, 45 points in 82 games. Stamkos had 23 goals and 42 points in 79 games. I'd say they were even, but Stamkos did have 3 less games.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •