Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Arrow Suds Series Round 1: Cardinals (2-1) @ Brewers (2-1) Apr 9, 10, 11

Friday, April 9 Miller Park | 7:10 PM CT

Kyle Lohse, RHP (0-0, -.--)
    Cardinals (2-1) @ Dave Bush, RHP (0-0, -.--)
    Brewers (2-1)

Scouting Report:
    Cardinals: Lohse will be looking to put a frustrating and at times painful 2009 season in the rear-view mirror as quickly as possible. His performance didn't live up to what he managed in an outstanding 2008, and he was beset by one malady after another. Lohse dealt with a string of injuries and even a nasty stomach illness in one start. He's stayed healthy this spring, though, and looks poised to put together a better season in '10. He may not repeat his '08 success, but he should be better than he was last year, and that would be a good start for the Cardinals.

Brewers: Bush entered Spring Training in something of a tenuous situation because of his $4.215 million salary, which wasn't guaranteed until Opening Day. But he pitched his way into the Brewers' mix, going 1-1 with a 4.34 ERA in four Cactus League appearances. That ERA is a bit deceiving because Bush surrendered six earned runs in his final Arizona start; before that he had allowed only one run in each of his three outings. When Bush is hitting his spots he is extremely effective; he took a no-hitter into the eighth inning in each of the past two seasons. His 2009 season was marred by an elbow injury -- the result of a line drive off Hanley Ramirez's bat in Florida that caused Bush trouble throughout the summer. He says he's 100 percent healthy this year.

Saturday, April 10 Miller Park | 2:10 PM CT

Chris Carpenter, RHP (1-0, 3.00)
    Cardinals (2-1) @ Yovani Gallardo, RHP (0-1, 3.86)
    Brewers (2-1)

Scouting Report:
    Cardinals: Carpenter had one frustrating inning in Monday's win over the Reds but otherwise looked a lot like the guy who steamrolled the National League Central in 2009. Of all the things Carpenter accomplished in '09, one of the most impressive was his dominance within his own division. In 15 starts within the Central, Carpenter went 11-0 with a 1.58 ERA. He's already off to a good start in that regard this year, so you can expect to see him pitching an awful lot in division games in 2010. He was especially brilliant in two starts at Miller Park last year, allowing no runs, three hits and two walks over 17 innings -- with 20 strikeouts.

Brewers: The Brewers briefly considered bringing a fifth starter into the mix here, but instead will go back to Gallardo on regular rest. He was the team's pick to pitch Opening Day against the Rockies after winning the team's pitcher of the year honor in 2009, and he should be on a longer leash this season with a full Major League season under his belt. Gallardo has struggled against the Cardinals in his career, going 0-2 with a 5.70 ERA in four starts.

Sunday, April 11 Miller Park | 7:05 PM CT

Jaime Garcia, LHP (0-0, -.--)
    Cardinals (2-1) @ Randy Wolf, LHP (1-0, 5.40)
    Brewers (2-1)

Scouting Report:
    Cardinals: Garcia entered camp as the longest shot of three candidates to make the Cardinals' rotation, but he pitched so well that the club simply didn't have any choice. The lefty was the clear winner of the competition with Kyle McClellan, who will go to the Cardinals bullpen, and Rich Hill, who will go to Triple-A Memphis. He has good stuff, developing but already decent command and a solid mound presence. He's also still pretty inexperienced as a professional pitcher and is less than two years removed from Tommy John surgery. That means the club will handle him gently, with hopes of keeping him healthy by limiting his innings and pitches.

Brewers: The prime-time assignment goes to Wolf, who could have his hands full with Cardinals hitters like former Brewer Felipe Lopez (7-for-21, .333 lifetime against Wolf), Albert Pujols (5-for-16, .313) and Matt Holliday (5-for-16, four extra-base hits). Wolf surrendered nine hits in his Brewers debut but won after allowing four runs in 6 2/3 innings thanks to an offense that scored seven times. He may spend some time between starts working on some ideas against left-handed hitters; Wolf is traditionally tough on them but gave up six hits to lefties on Tuesday night.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Going Friday and Sunday

Give me a birthday win on Sunday for sure. Thats all I ask.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Have fun at the games.

I'd be ok with wins on Friday and Sunday too

vCash
    I'm super pumped. I only got to one game last year because of no desire to see that rotation. I wouldn't even had gone to that game if I didn't get free tickets.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I went to 7 games last year and the Brewers were 4-3 in those games.

I'm going next Wednesday (Wrigley) when Suppan squares off against Silva and I'll be in the bleachers so I'll have a good chance at catching a home run!!

vCash
    La Russa switched his weekend pitching plans. Rookie LH Jaime Garcia will start on Saturday, a day earlier than planned. RH Chris Carpenter will get an extra day of rest and pitch in a nationally televised game Sunday night in Milwaukee. "It will be Garcia's first start," La Russa said. "I looked at it and just thought it was better."
    http://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/c...als-rough.html

vCash
    I think tonight is the most interesting of the three match ups. I think everyone is curious how Bush will pitch and I'm sure Cards fan are feeling the same way about Lohse. I think it's essentially a toss up.

Saturday I would give the Brewers a sight advantage. I only say slight advantage because we all know the Brewers struggle against rookie pitchers. I hope to God that changes this season.

Sunday the Cards have the advantage with Carp matching up against Wolf. Both had solid, but unspectacular season debuts.

vCash
    BREWERS
    2B Weeks
    CF Gomez
    LF Braun
    1B Fielder
    3B McGehee
    RF Edmonds
    C Zaun
    SS Escobar
    RHP Bush

vCash
    For anyone following the Fox Sports Midwest (St. Louis) feed:

It'll be on an alternate channel tonight. It's channel 452 on DISH (or 453 (which was not available in St. Louis area, must be for Milwaukee viewers)).

If you are following the FSN coverage on DirecTV, it is channel 680.

If you have satellite, you can probably search for "Card" on your satellite and find it there.
    Last edited by redbird89; 04-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    I think tonight is the most interesting of the three match ups. I think everyone is curious how Bush will pitch and I'm sure Cards fan are feeling the same way about Lohse. I think it's essentially a toss up.

Saturday I would give the Brewers a sight advantage. I only say slight advantage because we all know the Brewers struggle against rookie pitchers. I hope to God that changes this season.

Sunday the Cards have the advantage with Carp matching up against Wolf. Both had solid, but unspectacular season debuts.
    Wolf is your ace? Why not Gallardo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrlgry View Post
    Wolf is your ace? Why not Gallardo?
    When did I say or imply that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    I went to 7 games last year and the Brewers were 4-3 in those games.

I'm going next Wednesday (Wrigley) when Suppan squares off against Silva and I'll be in the bleachers so I'll have a good chance at catching a home run!!
    that'll be a great pitchers dual for sure

vCash
    so much for getting more out of the catching spot in the line up now that kendall's gone

vCash
    You have got to be kidding me. Way to go Trevor Hoffman. This loss is all on you. I mean what were you thinking. First of all you walked a guy then you give up a homerun with two outs on a 1 and 2 count.

vCash

Almighty Hoffman Blows Save.

I just wanted to say thanks trevor. Thanks a lot. We were up by one to the division rivals cardinals and gave you the ball to save the deal in the ninth. Instead you walked a batter and then got cocky with two outs on a 1 and 2 count and gave up the save. We lost cause of you. Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast