Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    he should be at beloit at the end of this year and all of next yr..

vCash
    If he's tearing it up, I'm all for him getting a taste of A ball this year and playing there next year.

vCash
    Osterbock no hitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Rochester: The Red Wings combined on a 5-hit shutout of Durham winning 1-0. The 2-4 hitters had all 7 hits for Rochester: Plouffe went 2-4, Dinkelman went 3-3 with a walk, and Valencia went 2-4. Matt Fox got the start and went 5 innings giving up 2 hits and striking out 5. Slama picked up his 6th save striking out 1 in an inning (1.10 ERA now).

New Britain: Lost 4-1. Tosoni went 2-4. Yeah there wasn't a whole lot that went on in this game.

Ft. Myers: The Miracle won 8-7 behind a 3-4, 2 HR day from Yangervis Solarte. Evan Bigley added 2 hits as well as Deibinson Romero who hit his first HR of the season. Bullock picked up his 4th save striking out 2.

Beloit: The Snappers swept a doubleheader today winning 5-1 the first game and 4-0 in the 2nd game. Hendriks went 6 innings allowing 1 run and picking up 6 K's as he improved to 2-0 on the year (0.64 ERA). Hicks went 0-1 but walked twice and Anderson Hidalgo hit a 3-run HR, his 1st of the year.

In the 2nd game, Daniel Osterbrock through a no-hitter while striking out 7. Since it was a doubleheader, they only went 7 innings but it's still impressive to say the least. Hicks went 3-4 with 3 doubles. After a treacherous 1-30 start to open the year, Hicks is now hitting .319/.449/.514 (.963) with 3 HR and 5 SB. I expect to see him in Ft. Myers pretty soon.

vCash
    Does anyone know whether of what Trevor Plouffe is capable of doing defensively other than SS? It would be kind of nice if he could play 2nd or 3rd. In comparison to Valencia his #s are far superior and he is younger even. He's got good power for a middle infielder and good avg/obp and walks more than he strikes out.

vCash
    Plouffe has played both 3rd and 2nd in the minors. He could handle 3rd better than 2nd, IMO. He has more experience there and doesn't do a bad job.

vCash
    Plouffe's gotten off to a very good start and all I'm gonna say is ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

vCash
    If Manship is truely staying at the MLB level, does that mean there's a starting pitching vacancy at Rochester for Bromberg, or is Fox going to be moved back into the rotation?

Anyone seen Guerra's WHIP? It's at .94; 18 innings and counting without a walk. I hope he's about to prove the scouts right.

vCash
    Hey Beloit fan, have you watched Hendriks pitch, and if so, how hard is he throwing? His BB rate is out of this world right now, but they were very good last year too. If he turns out to be a K per inning pitcher to go along with that, he's going to be moving through the system quickly.

Maybe Bromberg gets the call to Rochester to replace Manship, Gibson takes his spot in New Britain and Hendriks or Osterbrock get bumped to Ft. Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Hey Beloit fan, have you watched Hendriks pitch, and if so, how hard is he throwing? His BB rate is out of this world right now, but they were very good last year too. If he turns out to be a K per inning pitcher to go along with that, he's going to be moving through the system quickly.

Maybe Bromberg gets the call to Rochester to replace Manship, Gibson takes his spot in New Britain and Hendriks or Osterbrock get bumped to Ft. Myers.
    I'd love that scenario but Fox got the start last night and pitched 5 shutout innings. That being said, I won't be surprised if a guy like Lahey or Herrera is cut soon and then those moves are made. At least that's what I'm hoping happens.

vCash

he seems to be throwing a fastball close to 95 (sat next to stuifbergen when he charted for him) He has a nasty slider and curveball with a decent changeup after he goes with the fastball. He loves to throw off speed.
    Hendriks whould be moved up soon if he has another good start that would be the icing on the cake.
    Osterbrock is more offspeed but has a great release point,you cant see the ball until his arm is coming forward. Osterbrock has a decent curveball but tends to throw it too much allowing some walks. When Osterbrock struggles he throws his changeup no stop which doesnt fool them too much...

vCash
    Nice to have some first hand reports on the youngsters in the Twins' system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    I'd love that scenario but Fox got the start last night and pitched 5 shutout innings. That being said, I won't be surprised if a guy like Lahey or Herrera is cut soon and then those moves are made. At least that's what I'm hoping happens.
    I was hoping Fox just got a spot start since the team lost a starter. I guess we will find out soon if his performance was enought to be moved back into the rotation.

vCash
    I was hoping Fox just got a spot start since the team lost a starter. I guess we will find out soon if his performance was enought to be moved back into the rotation.
    Yeah that makes sense. Hope for the best.

vCash
    Wang Wei Lin with the walk off homerun today...Matthew Tone got the win and Angel Morales went 2-5

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast