Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    No I am a Sox fan. I rather have a donkey play second base.
    I started writing a valid argument revolving around how we never said Orlando Hudson was better than Brian Roberts and how you are just sad the Sox are below .500

but instead I'll say go choke on a donkey... something...I'm not sure how that saying ends, but you might know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skymin5 View Post
    I started writing a valid argument revolving around how we never said Orlando Hudson was better than Brian Roberts and how you are just sad the Sox are below .500

but instead I'll say go choke on a donkey... something...I'm not sure how that saying ends, but you might know.
    No I don't understand Midwest terms. Does everyone in Minnesota own a donkey? lol

vCash
    Rochester: The Red Wings won 5-4 as Repko went 3-4 with a BB and his 2nd HR. Hitting .333 in 48 AB's for us. Dinkelman went 2-4 with a BB and an RBI. Delaney threw 2 shutout innings giving up 2 hits and striking out 4.

New Britain: The Rock Cats lost 5-3 as they only picked up 5 hits. Revere went 0-4 with a BB and stole his 5th base. Santos Arias picked up his 4th loss of the season already as he gave up 3 runs in 2 innings of work.

Ft. Myers: Currently playing and up 3-0 in the 4th.

Beloit: The Snappers won 11-1 as Aaron Hicks continues to kick ***. He went 2-4 with his 3rd HR, a BB, his 5th SB, and scored 4 runs as well. His numbers now stand at .299/.427/.463 (.890). There's a reason why Keith Law put him as a candidate to most likely pull off a Jason Heyward next year. I'll give him a month before a promotion to Ft. Myers. Reggie Williams went 3-4 hitting his 1st HR of the year and Stuifbergen turned in another stellar start going 7 innings giving up 5 hits, 1 run, 3 BB, and picking up 5 K's along the way.

vCash
    You should get rid of the "RIP Aaron Hicks BA" now I believe. .299 average looks fantastic considering he was 1-32 at one point. (not to mention the .427 OBP and .890 OPS)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    Orlando Hudson is awful.
    The Red Sox can enjoy watching his awfulness in the playoffs this year while they are watching it from home.

His .370 slugging percentage is pretty poor even for a second baseman.

Of course that's still .61 points higher than your DH.

vCash
    sad thing is stuifbergen isnt even the most impressive here in beloit,hendirks has been studley...
    Last edited by jtrinaldi; 04-28-2010 at 10:23 PM.

vCash
    Who gets the call first: Waldrop or Slama?

I'd personally like to see Waldrop get the call first.

vCash
    Doesn't matter to me as long as one of them is taking Crain's spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Doesn't matter to me as long as one of them is taking Crain's spot.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Gibson lowered his ERA to 1.76 with a CG 1 hitter this morning (6K's and 1 BB). Can't wait to see him in the bigs.

vCash
    He will be here next year. Perfect pitcher for us. He was made to be a Twin. Low walk rates and solid strikeout numbers. The quick rise through organizations is far and away the best thing about college players. Slowey was pretty quick and Garza was even faster. I see Gibson doing the same.

vCash
    Do you think he can be ready for opening day 2011? That would be really fast, this is the Twins remember, not the Mets...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by horst_04 View Post
    Do you think he can be ready for opening day 2011? That would be really fast, this is the Twins remember, not the Mets...
    I honestly do. I know a lot of people will disagree with me since we typically don't send players that fast through the system but in the past year, we have started to change a lot of our philosophies. We typically wouldn't go out and sign FA's, make trades at the deadline, and throw a lot of money around at young, foreign players but we've changed our stance on those recently. Plus, we've shown to be less cautious with our pitchers moving through the system compared to position players. For example, Matt Garza.

Garza was drafted in '05 and made his debut in '06 when he was only 22 years old. He pitched in Elizabethton and Beloit in '05 but in '06, made 8 starts at Ft. Myers, 10 starts at NB, and 5 starts in Rochester. He went through our 3 toughest levels in less than a year because he was nasty in the minors. He had a 1.99 ERA in those 23 starts.

Gibson on the otherhand, will be 23 on Opening Day next year. Unlike the younger Garza, he skipped ELZ and Beloit and started immediately with the Miracle which goes to speak of how ready we think he is. I believe he'll have another couple of starts with Ft. Myers and will be moved up to NB if he continues to pitch this way. Given he pitches anywhere like this the rest of the season, I could see him being at Rochester by the end of the year and competing for a rotation spot in ST next year. Garza, Liriano, and Slowey all moved pretty fast through our system because they showed they were ready for the biggest challenge. I see Gibson doing the same thing.
    Last edited by cwilson21; 04-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    can't wait for miguel angel sano will hit beloit....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    can't wait for miguel angel sano will hit beloit....
    I would have thought rookie league all year for him. I'd like to see him at A ball early.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast