Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    time to unstick? just askin'
    I guess it can be put out to pasture, Catman is keeping the 2012 version updated regularly.

vCash
    Whats u with Tsuyoshi Nishioka?

Last year, we were hoping this guy would play in our infield for 4-5 years, now, does he even have a chance of coming back to the bigs?

Looking at his stats, he seems to be struggling against inferior competition, hitting .211. He does have a respectable 12 BB in only 20 games, which gives him an okay OBP of .321. But that .321 is coming in the minors...how far would it fall in the MLB? Any one know anything on him? know what Terry Ryan/Ron Gardenhire's thoughts are on him? Is he looking okay in the field? Is there a certain thing the coaches are asking him to work on in Rochester?

vCash
    How long are we going to have to wait to see someone, anyone from the GCL Twins hit a homerun? Six games is not an eternity, but it certainly isn't unreasonable to have hoped for a dinger or two by now.

vCash
    this thread should be deleted...its confusing with the other one.

vCash
    The Twins outrighted Deolis Guerra off the 40-man. This gets the roster down to 37 with the Rule V draft and the winter meetings happening momentarily.

My first thought was that Guerra would surely be picked in the upcoming Rule V, but then it was pointed out that since he was outrighted he already cleared waivers and any other team could have taken him had they chosen to. Now if a team wants him in the draft, they must pay $50k, seems illogical a team would do so since they could have had him for free today.

vCash
    Didn't he go back to japan? I saw an article he went back.

vCash
    Minor league thought of the day:

In Buxton's 653 minor league AB he has hit 17 home runs. While that doesn't seem like a very impressive slugging number, .502 slugging is higher than Morneau's career average .482 slugging. If you are thinking the last few years of Morneau's career might be bringing down his numbers - think about this. In the only three years Morneau hit 30 home runs his average slugging was .522 - only a bit higher than Buxtons .502 minor league slugging mark.

That's lots of singles turning into doubles and lots of doubles turning into tipples. With a 3:1 SB/CS ratio and a 1.5 K/BB ratio - we've got a future star on our hands.

Most players at this stage drafted very high excel at one or two aspects of the game, are mediocre at another few aspects, and need improvement on a few others. Buxton has done it all... so far.....
    “Never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

vCash
    Sano's health update: Clean bill of health. He will continue with Dominican ball for a time.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...s_Insider.html
    “Never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

vCash
    It was 5/5/2012 when I requested this thread be unstickied
    It's 2/14/2014 and it's still here? C'mon, we're better'n that!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I had a 6 month absence and lost my TM abilities.... This is what happens.

Since they only allow large market fans to become mods (seriously, look at all the mods) we are stuck here in ether.

vCash
    OK, that explains it still being stickied...and possibly that the subject isn't edited......doesn't explain still posting in it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

12. 03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    It's a young person thing, I get it. You can't make an argument when the opposing side is speaking rationally. So, instead, you try to make it seem like everyone else is irrational by inflating posts. That's your strategy, I get it. If you were able to argue in a rational way vs a rational person you'd come out looking like a fool. Check my sig. LOL.
    Ha im the fool? Says the guy that claims Buxton is the next Mike Trout, we'd be a 500 team last year, oh and i remember you saying the Twins will change their cheap ways in Free agency this offseason. Ya that sounds pretty rational ha. You are a complete and total homer, i get it. I think youre just bitter that every Twins prediction you have made has been completely off, but ya you know more about baseball lol. Proceed sounding like a uninformed Rube. Thats cool.
    Last edited by JoeBlessU; 03-13-2014 at 09:17 AM.

vCash
    At this point, its probably best we just agree to disagree. We are on polar opposites with our Twins takes, you find false positives in a negative situation and use dumb analogies that have nothing to do with the argument (Cars, shoes etc). i focus on the negatives and reality of the situation...

You have once again predicted we will be a .500 team this year, lets see if youre right....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    Ha im the fool? Says the guy that claims Buxton is the next Mike Trout, we'd be a 500 team last year, oh and i remember you saying the Twins will change their cheap ways in Free agency this offseason. Ya that sounds pretty rational ha. You are a complete and total homer, i get it. I think youre just bitter that every Twins prediction you have made has been completely off, but ya you know more about baseball lol. Proceed sounding like a uninformed Rube. Thats cool.
    Joe exaggeration #1
    I have said in the past that the only player to ever put up Trout numbers in the minors is Buxton. I haven't said Buxton will be Trout. I haven't even said Buxton will put up near Trout numbers in the majors. I'm only comparing the minor league numbers between the two which are both incredible and very similar. Am I saying their minor league careers up until this point are similar, yes. Am I saying this undoubtedly is proof that Buxton will be as good or better than Trout - no.

I didn't make a prediction last year that I remember. I was oddly absent from PSD for a while...

Joe exaggeration #2
    I said I thought the Twins would splurge in the free agent market this year. They ended up handing out the two biggest free agent contracts in the history of this club. That's splurging.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    At this point, its probably best we just agree to disagree. We are on polar opposites with our Twins takes, you find false positives in a negative situation and use dumb analogies that have nothing to do with the argument (Cars, shoes etc). i focus on the negatives and reality of the situation...

You have once again predicted we will be a .500 team this year, lets see if youre right....
    Joe exaggeration #3.
    I said the best the team would be is .500. This literally means I am guessing if everything possible goes right for the Twins they will be .500. Do I think everything possible will go right for the Twins? Nope.

You're taking things out of context and over-inflating conversations to try to make your arguments valid.

We're onto you, Joe.

16. 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting - SFrush90

vCash
    Anything less than a 200 million payroll this year and your point stands... The Twins didn't splurge.

You're a name guy, not a stat guy. I haven't seen you provide much beyond insults in your 1,000+ posts.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast