Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've been wondering too. It's frustrating that the Twins are usually one of the last teams to sign their top picks. It's somewhat understandable when it's Gibson with a stress fracture who isn't going to play in rookie league anyway, but why not get your top position player in some games so he's not totally wet behind the ears next season too.

The White Sox had already had Chris Sale up at the majors this time last year. This organization has several flaws, but how they handle the young talant is near the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I've been wondering too. It's frustrating that the Twins are usually one of the last teams to sign their top picks. It's somewhat understandable when it's Gibson with a stress fracture who isn't going to play in rookie league anyway, but why not get your top position player in some games so he's not totally wet behind the ears next season too.

The White Sox had already had Chris Sale up at the majors this time last year. This organization has several flaws, but how they handle the young talant is near the top.
    Most 1st rounders wait until the last minute with most of it driven by their agent. It sounds like the new CBA might move the draft to after the College World Series then move up the sign in date so players could still be assigned to short season leagues.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing Tim Shibuya and Madison Boer pitch. They were both drafted this year and signed early. Shibuya is 7-2 for E'ton and Boer is currently closing games for Beloit.

vCash
    Baseball America has predicted that Corey Williams will be closing for the Twins in 2015. Anyone have a report on him? He came out of Vanderbilt and was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2011 draft. He pitched at E'Ton last season.

vCash
    Can't say that I recall even noticing him when I check out the updated stats. Looks like he only pitched limitedly last season at E'ton so BA must be basing this info off of what they new of him in college. Either that or they have given up on profiling the Twins and just threw a dart at the roster.

I assume he's a power pitcher, unlike the Twins, BA wouldn't profile a control pitcher for the gig. His small sample size shows he did strike out a batter an inning during his 11 inning debut last year.

If he doesn't break out, I hope someone else does. From the looks of it, the Twins are going to be lucky to have two pitching prospects in their organizational top ten; Hendriks who has already arrived, and Gibson who just had TJ surgery.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 01-11-2012 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    Hendriks and Gibson are the pitchers in the top 10.
    1. Sano
    2. Benson
    3. Rosario
    4. Hicks
    5. Arcia
    6. Michael
    7. Hendriks
    8. Gibson
    9. Parmalee
    10. Dozier
    Baseball America calls Sano the best prospect since Mauer.

vCash
    Just saw that. According to the site the Twins top 10 weren't coming out until 1/20/12 but I'm happy to read it now! I'm a little surprised Benson is #2, but it's nice to have a player ranked that high who also climbed that high up the organization's ladder.

The Twins need half of these guys to pan out and develop soon. Hopefully Arcia can get to New Britain this season and sniff Rochester if he performs. Sano and Rosario should start at Beloit, but after last years results Rosario would justifiably belong in Ft. Myers. If he can do half what he did last year he will shoot up the top 100 list and hopefully make huge jumps up the organization. Sano could see Ft. Myers this year, but his defense is going to need to improve at 3B to rise much higher. With the OF glut and the lack of infielders, I'm guessing the Twins are going to give him a long leash to learn 3B.

vCash
    I would agree with that, although Rosario is new to 2B and will need time to work on his defense there.
    The Twins just signed another young pitcher from Venezula. His name is Mauricio Silva. He is 6'2" 190# and is only 16.
    Here is his scouting report:

MAURICIO SILVA, RHP

VENEZUELA

B-T: R-R Ht.: 6-2 Wt.: 190

Though he's still 15, Silva already has one of the best fastballs in Latin America. A big-bodied righthander with strong shoulders, Silva didn't have the national attention of fellow Venezuelan righthanders Victor Sanchez or Antonio Senzatela coming into the year, but his stock has risen with his fastball velocity. He pitches in the low 90s and has topped out at 93 mph with heavy sink. He also flashes a power curveball in the high 70s with occasional hard bite. His changeup gets mixed reviews, but he shows a feel for the pitch with some deception. Silva will have to wait to sign until he turns 16 on July 24.

vCash
    Sounds pretty intriguing! Low 90's fastball at 15 has me drooling. Eat your heart out Jason Marquis!

vCash
    We'll have to be patient with this kid. He appears to have great stuff, but is very raw.

vCash
    IMO our top 10

1. Miguel Sano 3B/1B - Its obvious, if he continues to the develop he could be a Miguel Cabrera type player.
    2. Eddie Rosario 2B - If he can play average defense at 2nd and his bat is what is was last year...
    3. Kyle Gibson RHP - Was pitching very well until right before the injury. A lot of pitching prospects are able to return from Tommy John(Jarrod Parker, Jordan Zimmermann, Strasburg recently)
    4. Oswaldo Arcia OF - I think the bat is legit, we'll see this year.
    5. Aaron Hicks OF - Im giving him one more year. He has all the tools, I think it might be time to just challenge him and move him up.
    6. Liam Hendriks RHP - High floor/low ceiling, should should be a 3/4 starter
    7. Joe Benson OF - Could be a 20/20 guy or might not hit for enough average to get in the lineup consistently.
    8. Levi Michael SS - Should move up the ladder pretty quickly and develop into a nice shortstop for the Twins, better than anything they have seen in a while.
    9. Chris Parmelee 1B - I dont think he'll be nearly as good as he showed last year, but I think he can be a starting caliber 1st basemen.
    10. Adrian Salcedo RHP - I like him a lot and I think he could develop into a #3/4 starter that the Twins seem to like so much.

vCash
    Well, i hope these players all develop well. I want to see winning baseball back in Minnesota not before to long

vCash
    Nice assessment, Trev.

vCash
    time to unstick? just askin'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Took me a while to realize I was reading something from 2011.

Saw that Dominic Brown was ranked number three on the a top 100 prospects list...that tipped me off. Other than that, not really that different than 2012 ******** Twins.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast