Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gibson threw a very good game on Sunday. He was perfect for 6 innings and ended up allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk over 7.2 innings. He struck out 10. The Red Wings won the game over Lehigh Valley 6-2.

vCash
    Also, Cole DeVries has been promoted to AAA Rochester. Lets see if he can keep his good season going.

vCash
    It will be hard to keep DeVries down with the sorry state of the MLB pen. Is it possible that the internal front runner for the 2012 closing gig was in AA as of yesterday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    It will be hard to keep DeVries down with the sorry state of the MLB pen. Is it possible that the internal front runner for the 2012 closing gig was in AA as of yesterday?
    And was a former mediocre starting pitcher before we moved him to the pen. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

vCash
    If DeVries gets outs at Rochester and hits his spots, he may be in the mix for a bullpen spot in the bigs. Dakota Watts is one to watch as a future closer. The kid throws the hardest of any minor leaguer right now and has been getting hitters out. He needs to work on his command and control.

vCash
    DeVries won't be a closer, but he could be a good pen guy. Don't let the numbers deceive though. Slama put up better numbers for much longer stretches.

vCash
    does anyone know when mauer is coming back?? . you guys need to get it together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenetslegend View Post
    does anyone know when mauer is coming back?? . you guys need to get it together
    He's playing in extended Spring Training, so maybe by July 1. That's the earliest in my opinion. No reason to rush him back since we're too far back in the standings to make a run.

vCash
    Joe caught 3 innings today and will DH tomorrow. He said he felt fine after the game today in a telephone interview.

vCash
    Yeah, he also said he was exhausted.....from catching 3 innings.

vCash
    We need to draft Matt Purke at 30. He was a top 3 pick coming into the year before he got hurt, and now it looks like he will be available there. Taking a chance on a top 10 talent slipping due to injury worked out great with Kyle Gibson. Having a 1-3 of Purke, Gibson, Liriano in any order would be great 3 years form now. We can take Sean Gilmartin the lefthander from FSU at 50 I have seen us linked to him in a lot of mocks. After that I think we need to get either a college reliever or a HS bat. But we have 3 top 60 picks in a deep draft, we need to take a chance with one of them. Jackie Bradley is another guy worth taking a chance on if we don't on Purke.

vCash
    The Twins could use an "impact" bat, although some of the guys at Beloit could wind up being pretty good (does anyone know what's up with Oswaldo Arcia?).
    On an unrelated note, Dick Bremer suggested that the Twins send Jim Hoey down to the minors to work on his control as a starter. He figures, and I agree, that the more pitches he throws, the better his mechanics will become. He'll be able to duplicate his delivery better with more practice.

vCash
    Arcia is getting elbow surgery. He wasn't able to field this year so elbow surgery was required. I think he will be out for about 3 months they said so I'm not sure if he'll make it back by the end of the year. It's a shame because he was raking.

IMO Arcia is for real given how he performed in his small stint in Beloit. I think he could be big for the Twins in 2 years.

Michael Gonzalez and Daniel Ortiz are also lighting it up in Beloit. I'm excited for these 3 and of course Miguel Sano right behind them once Etown starts.

vCash
    Michael Gonzales is a legitimate monster. He is 6'7", 280 and swings from his heels on occasion. He has learned some plate discipline and does an adequate job on the bases.

vCash
    Any word on how the contract negotiations with Levi Michael, Travis Harrison and Hudson Boyd are going?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast