Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 403
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,468
    vCash
    1500
    Offensive Prospects

    Aaron Hicks: .281/.403/.421 (.824) 7 doubles, 3 HR, 5 SB, 0 errors

    Angel Morales: .265/.349/.425 (.774) 7 doubles, 1 triple, 3 HR, 10 SB, 1 error

    Ben Revere: .275/.357/.303 (.660) 3 doubles, 11 SB, 1 error

    Rene Tosoni: .287 /.341/.443 (.784) 6 doubles, 3 triples, 2 HR, 3 SB, 0 errors

    Danny Valencia: .282/.325/.368 (.693) 10 doubles, 0 HR, 1 SB, 3 errors

    Wilson Ramos: .179/.214/.328 (.542) 1 double, 3 HR, 2 errors


    In summary, we have a lot of promise in our OF. Still waiting on some of the other guys to put it together.



    Pitching Prospects:

    Kyle Gibson: 7 GS, 4-1 record, 1.87 ERA, 43.1 innings, 40 K's, 1,04 WHIP

    David Bromberg: 6 GS, 1-1 record, 3.58 ERA, 32.2 innings, 23 K's, 1.56 WHIP

    Deolis Guerra: 6 GS, 1-1 record, 3.24 ERA, 33.1 innings, 24 K's, 1.18 WHIP

    Carlos Gutierrez: 7 GS, 0-2 record, 4.38 ERA, 37 innings, 28 K's, 1.46 WHIP

    Jeff Manship: 6 GS, 2-2 record, 4.02 ERA, 31.1 innings, 23 K's, 1,44 WHIP

    Liam Hendriks: 7 GS, 3-1 record, 1.32 ERA, 41 innings, 47 K's, 0.56 WHIP

    The pitching has been very good for the most part in the minors. This list doesn't even include guys with a lot of potential that are pitching well like Shooter Hunt, Anthony Slama (didn't put him bc everybody knows he dominates the minors), Rob Delaney, Kyle Waldrop, Tyler Robertson, Billy Bullock, Ben Tootle, Tom Stuifbergen, and many more. There's a lot of arms that are having success down there.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    671
    vCash
    1500
    Kinda wishing we would have sold high on Revere, oh well.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    2,384
    vCash
    1500
    Revere started off slow last year when he got moved to High A ball but put it together around June and ended up being named the Twins Minor League Player of the Year again. He hasn't forgotten to hit, he'll be well over .300 by the end of the minor league season.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The 53089
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Offensive Prospects

    Aaron Hicks: .281/.403/.421 (.824) 7 doubles, 3 HR, 5 SB, 0 errors

    Angel Morales: .265/.349/.425 (.774) 7 doubles, 1 triple, 3 HR, 10 SB, 1 error

    Ben Revere: .275/.357/.303 (.660) 3 doubles, 11 SB, 1 error

    Rene Tosoni: .287 /.341/.443 (.784) 6 doubles, 3 triples, 2 HR, 3 SB, 0 errors

    Danny Valencia: .282/.325/.368 (.693) 10 doubles, 0 HR, 1 SB, 3 errors

    Wilson Ramos: .179/.214/.328 (.542) 1 double, 3 HR, 2 errors


    In summary, we have a lot of promise in our OF. Still waiting on some of the other guys to put it together.



    Pitching Prospects:

    Kyle Gibson: 7 GS, 4-1 record, 1.87 ERA, 43.1 innings, 40 K's, 1,04 WHIP

    David Bromberg: 6 GS, 1-1 record, 3.58 ERA, 32.2 innings, 23 K's, 1.56 WHIP

    Deolis Guerra: 6 GS, 1-1 record, 3.24 ERA, 33.1 innings, 24 K's, 1.18 WHIP

    Carlos Gutierrez: 7 GS, 0-2 record, 4.38 ERA, 37 innings, 28 K's, 1.46 WHIP

    Jeff Manship: 6 GS, 2-2 record, 4.02 ERA, 31.1 innings, 23 K's, 1,44 WHIP

    Liam Hendriks: 7 GS, 3-1 record, 1.32 ERA, 41 innings, 47 K's, 0.56 WHIP

    The pitching has been very good for the most part in the minors. This list doesn't even include guys with a lot of potential that are pitching well like Shooter Hunt, Anthony Slama (didn't put him bc everybody knows he dominates the minors), Rob Delaney, Kyle Waldrop, Tyler Robertson, Billy Bullock, Ben Tootle, Tom Stuifbergen, and many more. There's a lot of arms that are having success down there.
    I would probably add Tom Stuifbergen to the pitchers on there.. 4-0 32k's 1.13 ERA 5 starts out of 6 games pitched. 32 innings pitched.
    He is scheduled to come off of the dl this week

    Bruce Pugh also struck out 10 and gave up one hit last night. Decent outing

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by horst_04 View Post
    Kinda wishing we would have sold high on Revere, oh well.
    Yeah I like Revere but there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be part of a package trade one day. I'd love to see him put up a .310/.370/.380 line with 45+ SB. I could see him packaged with Ramos and maybe another player or 2 to bring in somebody.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The 53089
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Yeah I like Revere but there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be part of a package trade one day. I'd love to see him put up a .310/.370/.380 line with 45+ SB. I could see him packaged with Ramos and maybe another player or 2 to bring in somebody.
    I'm Calling it Revere and Ramos for Heath Bell

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,023
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    I'm Calling it Revere and Ramos for Heath Bell
    no

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    I'm Calling it Revere and Ramos for Heath Bell
    Doubt that. Every analyst sees Ramos being traded for a big-time player which does not entail Heath Bell. Revere and maybe some other solid prospect but hell no to Wilson Ramos. Ramos is worth more than a closer.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The 53089
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Doubt that. Every analyst sees Ramos being traded for a big-time player which does not entail Heath Bell. Revere and maybe some other solid prospect but hell no to Wilson Ramos. Ramos is worth more than a closer.
    Ramos wasnt even a top 50 prospect at the begining of the year.........no way ramos is dealt for a stud/big time player

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Ramos wasnt even a top 50 prospect at the begining of the year.........no way ramos is dealt for a stud/big time player
    Not by himself of course. Top 50 prospect or not, many teams desperately need a young catcher who is expected to be above average both offensively and defensively. If Ramos would've been traded for Bell, that would've already happened.

    Great news today. Gibson made his first start in AA and was what I would like to call, "sick nasty". He went 7.1 innings giving up just 4 hits (all singles), 1 walk, and struck out 10. Yeah this guy is a ****ing animal. I know a couple others on this board including myself see him as Pavano's replacement next year but Keith Law thinks he could be a Sept. callup this year just to get some exp. under his belt. I can dig that. Revere also hit his 1st HR of the year and the same goes for Yangervis Solarte.

    The bad news was that Shooter Hunt turned back into Shooter Dud tonight going 2 innings allowing no hits (yay!) but giving up 4 ER (ouch!) and 4 walks (WTF?). He was bound to fall off the wagon at some time. Hope he gets back on track his next appearance.

    BTW, Morales went 3-4 with a BB today in his 2nd game off the DL. He's hitting .889 now *****es. Sorry Drew but I hope you had fun with your cup of coffee. The Red Wings gave up 12 runs as a team but Slama was the only pitcher to throw a shutout inning. His opponent batting average is at .128 for the year now (how the hell is this guy not on the 40-man roster yet?). Valencia and Plouffe are getting pretty hot right now.
    Last edited by cwilson21; 05-15-2010 at 11:12 PM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Coon Rapids, MN
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    I definately see Gibson as Pavano's replacement, I cant wait for him to be up here.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,468
    vCash
    1500
    Saw in one of Sid Hartman's columns that we're targeting the best SS prospect in the international market again. His name is Martin Steylon Peguero. Can't find anything on him but he's said to be the best hitter in this crop. Love this newfound dedication to international scouting. I'm totally cool with us giving millions to a guy who if he fills out his potential, will be comparable to a Hanley Ramirez.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Coon Rapids, MN
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    yupp I read that on a different site I really hope we continue top tier IFA's each summer, they are basically an extra early to mid first round pick.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The 53089
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Saw in one of Sid Hartman's columns that we're targeting the best SS prospect in the international market again. His name is Martin Steylon Peguero. Can't find anything on him but he's said to be the best hitter in this crop. Love this newfound dedication to international scouting. I'm totally cool with us giving millions to a guy who if he fills out his potential, will be comparable to a Hanley Ramirez.
    I'm pretty sure that sano will be the futures shortstop/third baseman. He has been compared to A Rod, so I think that they may have found a replacement for hardy already.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    671
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like we won't be the only one trying to sign him. There were a bunch of teams fro Jean before his age came into question. Quote below is from MLB trade rumors
    This year's best July 2 shortstop, Martin Steylon Peguero, will be in position to demand a solid contract as he is this year's best July 2nd shortstop. Bentley reports that the Rangers, Mariners, Padres, Twins, Reds and Cubs have all expressed serious interest in Peguero, who has also received a seven figure offer.

    ********************************/martin-steylon-peguero/

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •