Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We haven't got much better yet lol. Hicks is hitting .050 right now on the year.

vCash
    Rochester: The Red Wings game was suspended in the 2nd inning today. They're currently 3-5 on the year.

New Britain: The Rock Cats game was delayed as well today. They're 0-7 on the year.

Ft. Myers: The Miracle lost 4-2 today to drop to 2-6 on the season. Yes they suck too. Matt Williams pitched 3.1 innings of shutout baseball, striking out 3.

Beloit: The Snappers won 6-0 today to improve to 4-5 on the year. Yes every single minor league team is under .500. Hicks went 0-5 again to drop to .033 on the year (1-30). I have no ****ing idea what is going on with him. He's doing what I like to call, pulling a Shooter Hunt. Mike Gonzales went 1-4 homering in his 3rd straight game. Morales went 2-4 with a double and his 3rd stolen base. David Holbrooks pitched 3 shutout innings in relief giving up a hit while striking out 4.

Now I know it's early in the season and I highly doubt management contemplates this idea unless Hicks struggles like this the entire year but if Hicks never becomes the hitter we come to expect (Keith Law named him out of 4 specs to have a Heyard-like rise into next year), at least he can always become a pitcher. Perhaps a reverse Rick Ankiel. Sure it's early in the season but 1-30 in your 2nd stint at Low-A ball is a pretty shitastic way to begin the season. From now on, I will don an Angel Morales avatar until Hicks can regain his top-20 prospect form.

vCash
    Hicks broke his hitless streak with a homerun in the 3rd today. 1-4 1 HR 2R 1RBI 1BB SB

vCash
    Yup just saw that. Make that 2-34 on the year lol. Hope his HR helps him get on a bit of a hot streak. I'm happy that Hicks has an excellent background as a pitcher just in a worst-case scenario, he fails as a hitter.

vCash
    The Rock Cats faced Strasburg yesterday but due to rain, he only pitched 2.1 innings against us giving up a couple hits and striking out 3. Revere went 1-3 with a BB and Steven Singleton went 2-4 with a double and a triple.

The Miracle lost 7-2 today. The hitting there is ****ing atrocious. Shooter Hunt has been working out of the pen his last couple of outings in an attempt to somewhat harness his wildness. Walked a couple guys today and gave up a hit and a run in an inning. Struck out 2 also. Looks to be the best option for him.

To add on to the Beloit game, Morales also went deep for his 1st HR of the year and Tom Stuifbergen went 6 scoreless innings giving up 5 hits and 2 BB while striking out 7. 13 shutout innings to start the year. Another guy to keep an eye on. Though Hicks did hit his 1st HR of the season today and stole his 1st base, he did strike out in his 3 other AB's. He's struck out 13 times in 34 AB's this year. Somewhat alarming since he does have a good eye at the plate and is a five-tool player.

vCash
    Now that I'm retiring from my full-time job, I'll be able to see the Snappers when they play in Cedar Rapids again. I'll post my thoughts when I see them.

vCash
    Awesome cat. Can actually have some first-hand takes on our prospects.

vCash
    It's a very small sample, but I notice that Deolis Guerra has not walked a batter in either of his two starts, which total 11 innings. Maybe he's turning the corner.

vCash
    Nice line for Bromberg today with the win. 6.0 IP 2H 1B 1R 1ER 6 SO. 0.84 ERA with the win.

And how about this guy in Beloit, Liam Hendriks 21 year old from Perth, Australia. Absolutely insane numbers!

17.0 IP 3G 3GS 0R 0ER 6H 1BB 20SO

I smell a promotion

vCash
    Wilson Ramos hit his 1st HR of the season today in a 6-3 loss to Pawtucket. There's not a single prospect in our system that I want to see have a great season than Wilson Ramos. He's already one of the biggest trade chips in the game but imagine if he has a tremendous season in Rochester? I see us netting a HUGE player in the off-season with Ramos as the centerpiece.

Tosoni went 3-4 today for the Rock Cats. Hitting .364/.432/.485 (.917) in 33 AB's this year. I also see him as valuable trade bait. Still just 23 years old and was the Futures Game MVP last year. Just a very solid all-around OF'er.

vCash
    how is that 16 year old kid from the dominican doing (cant think of his name)

vCash
    ya if anyone can find how Sano is doing that would be nice to know.

vCash
    I'm not sure of where he's playing, but none of the rookie leagues have started yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skymin5 View Post
    I'm not sure of where he's playing, but none of the rookie leagues have started yet.
    gulf coast i believe

vCash
    Yeah, Gulf Coast League doesn't start until June.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast