Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The 2011 Gibson and Co. Thread

Opening day for the minor leagues is finally upon us and as usual, I will be following all of our teams and will post recaps of the organization's games every now and then. I'll also be constantly updating our top prospect's stats throughout the season. If anybody else is interested in our future Twins like I am, please contribute anything regarding our prospects in this thread.

vCash
    It's nice to see the page for the Twins minor league clubs has been redesigned a bit. Clicking on the team loads a new window and the downloading speed is much faster than in the past.

Still looks like the Rochester rotation is going to be blocking the more promising arms in New Britain. Not one pitcher in AAA was born after 1985.

vCash
    NICE! This was one of my favorite threads last year.

Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Rochester: The Red Wings got **** on 11-3 to open the season against Pawtucket. Ramos went 0-4 in his first AAA AB's but Brock Peterson and Jacque Jones each went deep. Everyone not named Kyle Waldrop sucked at pitching (Swarzak got rocked for 5 ER, Mullins for 4 ER, and Lahey for the other 2 runs). Valencia went 1-3 with a double and a walk and Hughes went 1-4 with a double, walk, and SB.

New Britain: The Rock Cats lost 5-4, only mustering 4 hits against Kyle Drabek along the way. Revere was 1-4 but struck out 3 times (WTF?) and Juan Portes went 1-4 with a 2-run blast (yes the guy that killed early on in Spring Training). Carlos Gutierrez got roughed up going only 4 innings allowing 7 hits, 4 ER, 3 BB, and recording 4 SO. Yeah he should probably move back to the closer role.

Ft. Myers: Keeping with the White Sox-like theme, the Miracle opened their season with a loss as well, getting pounded 18-3 in Kyle Gibson's debut (I almost **** my pants when I saw the score). Gibson only went 3.2 innings giving up 6 hits, 3 ER, 2 BB, and recording 7 SO (hey there's one positive!). The ugly part was sadly Shooter Hunt's line: 0 innings, 1 hit, 5 ER, 3 BB. Not only has he not gained any control back but he walked the bases loaded only to give up a grand slam. Poor guy. Really at a loss of words for him. So much potential but is just Rick Ankiel-ing terribly. Henry Arias also had a ****** outing giving up 7 ER in just one inning. Ramon Santana went 2-4 with a double and a HR and the injury-riddled Paul Kelly went 2-3. Santana had a somewhat surprising .831 OPS last year in 386 AB's and looks to do more of the same this year. The guy is 5'9, a buck-fifty which is why I call it 'surprising'.

Beloit: Ah finally a win. Beloit won 2-0 over Cedar Rapids as Liam Hendriks went 5 innings giving up just 1 hit while striking out 7. The pitching in this game totaled 15 k's. Hicks went 0-3 with a BB and a pair of k's and Angel Morales went 1-4 with a double and 3 k's. If Morales is to take the next step as an elite prospect, he really, really needs to cut down on his strikeouts. Mike Gonzales went 2-4 with an RBI.

So not a great season debut for out top guys but I look forward to posting more of this **** for you guys so ya'll better be reading it.

vCash
    Thanks for bringing this to us. I look forward to following this thread all season.

vCash
    I wonder if Shooter will hang it up soon. It appears to be all mental and you have to wonder how much longer he can handle this. Maybe they could send him back to Elizabethton where he had prior success.

vCash
    I see as many minor league games as I can. Usually, we go to Cedar Rapids and would this weekend if I weren't "on call" at work.

vCash
    It's funny how some of our recent picks have worked out. The Revere pick was absolutely trashed yet he has become one of our top prospects and appears to have a Kenny Lofton-esque ceiling while the Hunt pick was praised yet he has already had one season shortened by a visit to the sports psychologist.

vCash
    Yep. Hunt had a very solid first season (rated as the #7 prospect by BBA) and lost it. Revere is simply faster than the ball in the outfield. He can outrun the ball into the gaps.

vCash
    Rochester: The Red Wings split a doubleheader today as their game was canceled yesterday due to rain. Matsuzaka pitched 5 innings in the first game as Pawtucket won 1-0. Ramos went 1-3 and Jacque went 2-3 with a double. I wouldn't be surprised to see him up with the Twins next month if he keeps hitting and Casilla keeps on being Casilla. Rob Delaney was perfect through his 1 2/3 innings striking out 3.

We won the 2nd game by a score of 4-2. Plouffe went 2-4, Peterson went 2-3 and Erik Lis went 1-3 with 2 RBI. Perkins went 3 innings giving up a hit, 2 ER, 3 BB, and recording 3 k's along the way. Slama pitched 2 shutout innings walking 2 and striking out a pair.

New Britain: The Rock Cats lost 5-3 though Revere had a monster game offensively and defensively. He was 2-3 with 2 BB's, a SB, and 2 assists at home plate. Tosoni went 2-3 with a BB and an RBI and Parmelee was 2-4 with a double and a HR.

Ft. Myers: The Miracle lost 4-3 but got a great start from Bobby Lanigan as he went 6 scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 4 guys. Michael Harrington went 2-5 with 2 RBI.

Beloit: Beloit was swept 7-2 today as they only picked up 7 hits. Hicks is hitless to start the year as he went 0-3 with a BB today. He had a golden sombrero yesterday. I should probably change my avatar until he starts showing that top-20 prospect status again. Morales went 2-4 with an RBI and Steven Liddle went 2-3 with a HR and a BB.

Not a great start to the season so far by any of the minor league teams but at least the Twins are 5-1.

vCash
    I missed a chance to see the Snappers this afternoon because I was on-call at work from 1-3 this afternoon. Oh well, next time they're here I should be able to see them.

vCash
    Gibson picked up his first professional victory yesterday going 6 shutout innings while allowing only 4 hits and picking up 6 k's. Bullock went through the final 2 innings perfectly, striking out 4.

vCash
    Any news on our favorite minor league short stop?
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    I haven't seen anything recently but at best, he'll be making his debut with the GCL Twins when they open up games in the summer. Still a chance he opens up with our Dominican Summer League instead (won't be surprising considering we're generally conservative w/ our prospects).

vCash
    1-4 as an organization on opening day.. could be worse
    Last edited by natelpete; 04-15-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast