Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trades Twins Need To Make Before 2014 Trade Deadline...

The Twins are not about to re-sign Suzuki to a multi-year million dollar contract, so why not trade him to St. Louis for a couple of their talented young prospects.

Willingham is not a long-term answer & will most likely be replaced by Plouffe in LF when Sano is ready to take over at 3rd, so why not trade him to Baltimore for a prospect or 2 as well.

Morales is also not destined to be a Twin next year, so why not trade him to either Seattle, Anaheim or Toronto for a prospect or 2 too.

vCash
    What do you know, Morales got traded to Seattle!!! Better to get something than nothing.

Now the Twins need to continue making the following trades listed above.

Nunez could also replace Plouffe at 3rd while Sano makes it to the MLB club.

Santana/Escobar could also be included in a trade to increase the return, especially since the Twins have Polanco on the horizon at SS.
    Last edited by JG1117; 07-24-2014 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Polanco's best value is as a utility player, IMO. Santana is likely to be the SS in the future.
    I like Stephen Pryor, by the way. It will be interesting to see how he does at Rochester.

vCash
    Suzuki, Willingham, and .... Perkins.

Pitching, pitching, and more pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Suzuki, Willingham, and .... Perkins.

Pitching, pitching, and more pitching.
    I will still wait another year before trading Perkins. We just signed him to a reasonable contract extension and if the Twins truly want to bring the prospects up next year we better not ruin anything by lacking a closer. But with that being said, if an offer comes along similar to what SD got you probably need to trade him.

But as for the bullpen I would expect to see Fien and Duensing gone for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I will still wait another year before trading Perkins. We just signed him to a reasonable contract extension and if the Twins truly want to bring the prospects up next year we better not ruin anything by lacking a closer. But with that being said, if an offer comes along similar to what SD got you probably need to trade him.

But as for the bullpen I would expect to see Fien and Duensing gone for sure.
    We were both surprised by that trade. I'm guessing the Angels have a horrible farm system. Their #1-5 would be our #10-15. I can't imagine a strong farm system trading all those top guys for a closer... I just can't see it. I would have been absolutely thrilled to trade Perkins for the haul the Padres got for Street. Honestly, this is the only reason I have Perkins on the block. I can't see another team making an offer like that, though.
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.

vCash
    I don't see the Twins trading Perkins this year, but I suppose it depends on the haul.

Willingham is a logical trade from the Twins' end....too bad he's not done enough to have much of a market

I'm betting the chances are good the A's trade for Sam Fuld...depending on the severity of Crisp's injury

I'm dreaming, I know...but at this point it wouldn't take much for me to pull the trigger on a Correia trade
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Thank god Correia is a FA after this year.

vCash
    So now the question is...how soon will Milone take to make his debut...and whose spot in the rotation does he take....................ok, that's 2 questions

Normal days rest would have him pitching Sunday...problem as far as bringing him up is, Gibson is due to start Sunday, off day Monday, Hughes Tuesday....so does Tommy make one start in Rochester and come up..then take Pino's...or Correia's next start....

Anyone else notice that every media outlet says Twins trade Milone to A's for Sam Fuld....rather than the other way around. Even they know that, despite the A's triggering the trade, the Twins got the higher value (I like Sam, but let's be honest...Milone's proven more)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I don't see Milone on the the active roster. Are you sure he wasn't sent to AAA?

vCash
    I think I got to the bottom of it. It sounds like if Milone comes up before Monday he's eligible to hit FA a year earlier than if he comes up after Monday.

My hope is Tuesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I think I got to the bottom of it. It sounds like if Milone comes up before Monday he's eligible to hit FA a year earlier than if he comes up after Monday.

My hope is Tuesday.
    That probably is what will hold it up then. Trading Fuld for Milone is basically a no lose proposition for the Twins. We picked up Fuld off waivers by default and got a serviceable arm out of the deal. Even if Milone ends up being a #4 or #5 starter for us, we win that deal 10 time out of 10.

vCash
    The Twins start the season at 85 million for a payroll. They end up trading these players with a month to go and spend closer to 75-80 million.

I sure hope these "savings" moves get put into an investment pot for a later date. I seriously hate watching the Pohlads cheap out (even in a losing season) knowing none of the savings will be put back into the team.