Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Most overrated peformance...

In a movie? For me I think it was Sandra Bullock in "The Blindside"...personally i thought it was actually a bad performance

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    That's a good choice. I thought any one of the Best Actress nominees would have been a better choice than her. All she did was add some cheesy, over the top southern accent to her role and all of a sudden she's Oscar worthy?

That should tell you how much of a joke the Oscars have become.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That's a good choice. I thought any one of the Best Actress nominees would have been a better choice than her. All she did was add some cheesy, over the top southern accent to her role and all of a sudden she's Oscar worthy?

That should tell you how much of a joke the Oscars have become.
    Yeah I agree. I think the movie would have been a lot better without her.
    She came off as *****y, im suprised the real life mother would want her to seem like that

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Any role that Penelope Cruz has been in. She is the worst actress I have ever seen and a lot of people think she is amazing.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Jenna Jameson in any film

vCash
    You know what's sad, when Bullock won all she did was praised her Husband about how she's been a changed woman since she met him and blah blah blah. And the guy was cheating on her the entire time.

vCash
    Heath Ledger as the Joker.

vCash
    I dont see how you can say the joker performance was overrated. but its your opinion

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Heath Ledger as the Joker.
    Seconded. It's not that he was bad...he just wasn't nearly as great as everyone hypes his performance up to be. This sounds low, but if he didn't die, his performance wouldn't have been thought of nearly as highly.

Plus, I legitimately think playing a crazy person, with a face full of makeup to the point where small expressions are unnoticeable, is not nearly as hard as it seems to be. I think any serious/intimate/drama acting job for the most part is much harder to pull off.

Above average. Not epic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I dont see how you can say the joker performance was overrated. but its your opinion
    Same here. Ordinarily I hate the praise and glorification that follows any celebrity when they die, as if the world just lost some integral component to societies well being, when in reality they were nothing more then an ordinary person. But Ledger's performance as the Joker was pretty amazing. It was the first time he impressed me as an actor. And I thought it actually warranted the high praise that followed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Seconded. It's not that he was bad...he just wasn't nearly as great as everyone hypes his performance up to be. This sounds low, but if he didn't die, his performance wouldn't have been thought of nearly as highly.

Plus, I legitimately think playing a crazy person, with a face full of makeup to the point where small expressions are unnoticeable, is not nearly as hard as it seems to be. I think any serious/intimate/drama acting job for the most part is much harder to pull off.

Above average. Not epic.
    I dunno man. When you consider the previous roles of Heath Ledger (Brokeback mountain, A Knight's tale) a lot of people didn't think he would be able to play the Joker. I remember when he was casted, everyone was hating on him. No one thought he would be able to pull it off.

But he did. The laugh alone was amazing. His performance made that movie.

vCash
    Heath ledger as joker by 10000 miles. He was great, but as soon as the trailer hit, everyone thought it would be pretty good, then he killed himself, and everyone quickly went from, "its going to be good" to "this is going to be the greatest performance ever"

People were giving him best actor by the time the final trailer hit in april 2008, 3 months before the movie came out. If that's not overrating someone, idk what is.

I thought he was great, but I also though eckhart was a little better.

Btw, yes sandra bullock was overrated, but the movie was amazing

vCash
    Heath ledger as joker by 10000 miles. He was great, but as soon as the trailer hit, everyone thought it would be pretty good, then he killed himself, and everyone quickly went from, "its going to be good" to "this is going to be the greatest performance ever"

People were giving him best actor by the time the final trailer hit in april 2008, 3 months before the movie came out. If that's not overrating someone, idk what is.

I thought he was great, but I also though eckhart was a little better.

Btw, yes sandra bullock was overrated, but the movie was amazing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    I dunno man. When you consider the previous roles of Heath Ledger (Brokeback mountain, A Knight's tale) a lot of people didn't think he would be able to play the Joker. I remember when he was casted, everyone was hating on him. No one thought he would be able to pull it off.

But he did. The laugh alone was amazing. His performance made that movie.
    I legitimately believe playing the role of the joker, with that much makeup, and the ability to basically act as weird as you want...is a lot easier than playing an gay man in an intimate and emotional love story. That's probably why he looked so much better- because it's an easier role to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Any role that Penelope Cruz has been in. She is the worst actress I have ever seen and a lot of people think she is amazing.
    Have you seen Volver or Vicky Cristina Barcelona? Child please...

My vote is for anything Kevin Costner was considered good in.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast