Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Frandsen traded to Boston

Traded to the Red Sox for a player to be named later or cash.

Best of luck Franny!!!

Kevin Frandsen traded to Red Sox for PTBNL or cash.
    http://twitter.com/extrabaggs
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 03-26-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: source

Yesssss! So glad he's gone

Hmm. Interesting.

Gotta admit, I'm pretty bummed. I knew this was coming and I knew the Giants had no intention of every giving him real PT again, but still....When he first came up I was hoping he'd turn into a poor man's Dustin Pedroia and be our 2B of the future... Would've been so awesome to have a future lineup with lifelong Giants fans who bled orange and black like Franny, Schierholtz and Crawford.

Best of luck Franny, I hope you make the Giants regret this move. But unless there's an injury, he probably won't get any playing time in Boston.

He'll be a decent player at some point
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

Lots of fond farewells and parting shots for Kevin Frandsen. Edgar Renteria: "You were traded for cash? That means you suck!"
    Go **** yourself Renteria, You suck harder than anyone else on this team.

Good luck Frandsen in Boston.

I'm guessing Lewis is soon to follow....the only question is where to

ELEVEN ONE TEN

Lol did Renteria really say that? If he did then I officially like him again hahaha

sad to see frandsem go, never got a chance, never will..he did have a poor spring though when he couldn't...best of luck in bean-town..ur playin for a winner and behind his good friend, pedroia

Hope we get at least a few bucks for him..Nothing against him personally but he was never going to provide anything for this team..Good luck Kevin

I kind if wish we had gotten Bill Hall in return but Boston wouldn't have done that.

Finally. Good luck...and good riddance.
    Sad how a World Series win could result in so much whining.

see ya franny. We knew you were in trouble when you hit a pop up in your debut and you didn't run to first and then the ball dropped and you were thrown out.
    #JoergerBomb

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    see ya franny. We knew you were in trouble when you hit a pop up in your debut and you didn't run to first and then the ball dropped and you were thrown out.

The quote from Renteria seems harsh, though I'm sure he said it tongue and cheek.

Frandsen's voice was quavering 10 minutes after he was told of the deal.

"I'm going from one class organization to another," he said. "I'm pretty lucky on that. You can hear my voice is kind of shaking. It's a little different knowing I came up in this organization that I followed every step of the way since I was a kid. It's bittersweet."

It was pretty clear there was no spot for Frandsen on the roster. He wasn't going to make the team and the Giants need his 40-man spot on the roster.

General manager Brian Sabean said he has had "off and on" talks with the Red Sox for a while. Boston might have a need for an extra middle infielder because of a wrist injury to starting shortstop Dustin Pedroia, who happens to be good friends with Frandsen. They have trained together in Phoenix for the last six winters.

"I think Kevin is going to benefit from a change of scenery," Sabean said. "He's been under a lot of pressure since his Achilles situation. The pressure has been very hard to make the hometown team. We have other options internally we have identified."

Frandsen's teammates treated the news with the proper respect. Edgar Renteria, hearing the Giants got a player to be named or cash, shouted at Frandsen, "That's all? You suck."

But there also were lots of hugs and a great word of encouragement from Aubrey Huff, who has played most of his career in the American League.

"Play well there and you're a god," Huff said.

Said Frandsen, "Maybe the exact opportunity was not there for me here, but I got an opportunity to play in the big-leagues with the Giants. Not everyone in the Bay Area can say that. I lived the dream for every Giants fan and I cherished every minute of it."
    Took it like a pro.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/index?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast