Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's Official: Todd Wellemeyer is the Giants 5th Starter

Bruce Bochy on No.5 rotation spot, after Todd Wellemeyer pitched well again: "We'll have something to announce here real soon."
    http://twitter.com/extrabaggs

He pitched great this spring training and definitely deserves the 5th starter spot. Hopefully he can eat some innings and keep his ERA below 5.
    #JoergerBomb

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

Good!

ELEVEN ONE TEN

if he can be even somewhat decent i like our rotation more this year than last
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

^^
    Not me! I would have taken randy or penny over wellemeyer any day.

Quote Originally Posted by ntat View Post
    ^^
    Randy, i love the guy and he is probably my favorite pitcher i have ever seen play, but last year was a struggle to watch him pitch, he would have a good game, then get lit up the next. If Wellemeyer goes 10-8 ERA: 4.5 150 K 180 IP i will be more than happy
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

He earned it.

He did earn it and should be the 5th starter. Pucetas has options and should be optioned to AAA where he can stay fresh and keep his endurance up. A long relief role would not help with that. If Wellemeyer falters, then bring up Pucetas.

Congrats Wellemeyer!!! You earned it!

Wellemeyer deserves it. I don't think he's going to be great, but we don't need a 5 starter to be great.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    Wellemeyer deserves it. I don't think he's going to be great, but we don't need a 5 starter to be great.
    yeah, I agree ... the term "serviceable" comes to mind when I think of guys like Wellemeyer. He'll do a decent job of keeping the seat warm for MadBum this season.

180 innings of 4.50 ERA ball and 10-12 wins would be extremely nice. He looks to be a guy who can go 6 innings pretty consistently which saves bullpen innings.

As many have said, Wellemeyer deserves this rotation spot...this is a new thing for the Giants a veteran that actually earns his playing time.

I had no idea TW got invited and has now pitched 20 innings of solid ball. I really like him as the 5th starter, he was very decent 2 seasons ago in STL

Bruce Bochy said he'll announce No.5 starter tomorrow, although Brian Sabean named Wellemeyer while talking about the staff. Fait accompli.
    Baggs Twitter

It's official.
    #JoergerBomb

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

as much as i wanted pucetas to get it, wellemeyer earned it and hopefully he will do a pretty good job

2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!
    2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by ntat View Post
    ^^
    we arent comparing wellemeyer to randy, we're comparing him to sanchez in the first half when he had an era over 5. besides sadowskis's two shutout games, we didn't get anything out of the 5th spot until penny came along in september. so there is def. some room for improvement on the staff, and hopefully wellemeyer holds up.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast