Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Actor Robert Culp dies after fall

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Robert Culp, the actor who rose to fame as secret agent Kelly Robinson on the groundbreaking 1960s TV series "I Spy" and later played Ray Romano's father-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. He was 79.

Culp died after falling on a sidewalk near a Los Angeles park, said his publicist, Dick Delson. Delson had no further details.

The versatile Culp not only acted in "I Spy," which aired on NBC from 1965 to 1968, he also wrote several episodes. The series, which also starred Bill Cosby as Robinson's partner (and, as their covers, trainer to Culp's globe-trotting tennis player), was the first to feature an African-American in a lead role; Cosby won three Emmys for his work.

"I never had so much fun in my life, never, before or since," he said of "I Spy" in a 2007 interview with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences' Archive of American Television.

Culp and Cosby remained good friends after the series left air.

But Culp could be hard on himself, he said -- material he channeled into Kelly Robinson.

"There are a lot of flaws in Kelly Robinson, much more than you see in the ordinary leading character on a TV show," he said. "Those all come from inside. Those are all part of me."

Culp collapsed near the lower entrance to Runyon Canyon Park, a popular hiking area in Hollywood, according to a Los Angeles Police official.

He was pronounced dead at a hospital a half hour later, Officer Rosaria Herrera said. It was unclear if the fall caused his death, and the coroner has opened an investigation, she said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ex.html?hpt=T2

Rest in Peace.

vCash
    I liked him in Everybody Loves Raymond
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayruiz View Post
    I liked him in Everybody Loves Raymond
    that was a great show.

vCash
    anyone have him in the deadpool?

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I completely support you posting your little threads, I really do, but you have to start putting them in the correct forum. Not all threads belong in the GD forum, this should be put in the entertainment forum where it belongs.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    anyone have him in the deadpool?
    I just checked. Nope.

vCash
    Rest In Peace

vCash
    That's a sad way to go. RIP man.
    "You don't choose to be a Liverpool fan. You get chosen."
    Kenny Dalglish

vCash
    RIP Mr Culp

vCash
    Rip.

vCash
    I liked him in the greatest American hero.