Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    no1 is arguing about the 4 man rotation part. he came in here telling us that are pitchers are going to get injured like he knows (baiting IMO), so i responded and i guess i hurt his feelings by calling him bud.
    Read his comment in context.

Quote Originally Posted by CardzRule View Post
    Four man rotation anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Wainwright's shoulder might implode after pitching more innings than he ever has last year, already. Throw 300 more on this year, and you might not be seeing him again until 2012.

And Carpenter would definitely get hurt....that's not really even a debate.
    He says that Wainwright might get hurt. Throw in an extra 300 innings (going with a 4man rotation) and you almost guarantee an injury to him and Carpenter. He doesn't say they will get hurt, but that they will if the cardinals went with the 4man rotation.

vCash
    Jesus Christ, dude.

You obviously care about this way, way too much.

I would respond to him however the **** I wanted to, since I can, and I'm not breaking any site rules. WhiteKimbo used a blatant bait, which was a weak attempt at getting me rattled. Then he called me "kid" as if he knows that I'm a child, or maybe implying that all people on the internet are kids.....or maybe he's a kid and he's just projecting, which would explain his inability to spell or type correctly.

Either way, it doesn't really matter because I can say whatever I want as long as I follow the rules. I'm not baiting, flaming, or insulting. Apparently, it's impossible for a Cubs fan to have an opinion about the Cardinals without a Cardinals fan getting his panties in a bunch.

And a 4 man rotation would be a bad idea for the Cardinals, when 3/4ths of the said rotation have a significant injury history.
    And I responded however I wanted to and I didnt break any rules either. He did take a shot at the cubs and I have already acknowledged that. It seems like you care way too much about what happens with the cardinals. You spend more time in our forum than half of the Cardinals fans. Theres nothing against that and I honestly like having the debates with you, but sometimes it seems like you have nothing to say or project except negativity towards us and our opinions. Im not arguing the fact that a 4 man rotation wouldnt be smart bc obviously it isnt, but sometimes I get the vibe that you are just trying to get a rise out of people. I may be wrong or just having a bad day, but either way this discussion got way off topic and too tense & I know that I was a part of it getting to that point. I respect your opinion the same as anyone else on this forum. And sstark, I dont know if you are referencing me as one of the fans that has to argue with "anything a cubs fan says" but if so, that is not the case. A poster's fanbase doesnt influence my responses at all.

vCash
    I have fully admitted, in this very forum, that if I had to put money on the Central I'd pick the Cardinals to win it. However, the Cardinals have some pretty glaring issues that I refuse to ignore even if the majority of the Cards fans in this forum won't.

I really appreciate the realism that sstark bring here. I live in the heart of Cardinal country and I hear about it every day from non-realistic Cardinal fans.

Honestly, this Cardinals team probably isn't more than a couple wins better than what it was last year at best, and at worst they are probably around an 84 win team.

I have a hard time not responding to blind optimism, and that includes the Cubs forum. There are a lot of posters there that I HATE because they are either stupid or unrealistic.

Thing is, in the Cubs forum people usually say what I would say before I can so its redundant for me to repeat. In here it's pretty slow so when someone says something I have a lot more time to respond.

vCash
    I have fully admitted, in this very forum, that if I had to put money on the Central I'd pick the Cardinals to win it. However, the Cardinals have some pretty glaring issues that I refuse to ignore even if the majority of the Cards fans in this forum won't.

I really appreciate the realism that sstark bring here. I live in the heart of Cardinal country and I hear about it every day from non-realistic Cardinal fans.

Honestly, this Cardinals team probably isn't more than a couple wins better than what it was last year at best, and at worst they are probably around an 84 win team.

I have a hard time not responding to blind optimism, and that includes the Cubs forum. There are a lot of posters there that I HATE because they are either stupid or unrealistic.

Thing is, in the Cubs forum people usually say what I would say before I can so its redundant for me to repeat. In here it's pretty slow so when someone says something I have a lot more time to respond.
    I agree with everything that you have said here. I just dont like it when people project injuries. Yea Waino threw alot last year. Does that mean he is going to get hurt? No. Could it happen? Definately, but no one has any way of knowing what the future brings. No one could predict that Derek Lee was going to have a chair collapse under him and the same goes for any player in the league. Theres no way to say if someone is going to get hurt in the future.

I realize that there are issues with this lineup and one of them is that we are going to rely on young guys heavily. We will have a rookie starting 3rd baseman and thats something that cant be overlooked. Our bench is young & we are couple major injuries away from falling out of contention. We lost quite a few people that could still contribute. I honestly think that this season will depend alot on Penny, Lohse, & Franklin. We need Penny & Lohse to have Piniero-like years as opposed to Wellemeyer years and Franklin is going to have to be the pre allstar game closer from last year or close to it. There is no question that we have setbacks the same as any other team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quhawk11 View Post
    I agree with everything that you have said here. I just dont like it when people project injuries. Yea Waino threw alot last year. Does that mean he is going to get hurt? No. Could it happen? Definately, but no one has any way of knowing what the future brings. No one could predict that Derek Lee was going to have a chair collapse under him and the same goes for any player in the league. Theres no way to say if someone is going to get hurt in the future.

I realize that there are issues with this lineup and one of them is that we are going to rely on young guys heavily. We will have a rookie starting 3rd baseman and thats something that cant be overlooked. Our bench is young & we are couple major injuries away from falling out of contention. We lost quite a few people that could still contribute. I honestly think that this season will depend alot on Penny, Lohse, & Franklin. We need Penny & Lohse to have Piniero-like years as opposed to Wellemeyer years and Franklin is going to have to be the pre allstar game closer from last year or close to it. There is no question that we have setbacks the same as any other team.
    The lineup is the least of our worries, by a pretty big margin. Even though we are starting Freese, if he sucks, Lopez steps in and nbd. B4 we had lopez, it was a big deal, but now we have a legit backup plan, which makes everything work better. The offense from top to bottom is going to be a top offense in the league if Rasmus doesn't suck and Freese hits OK. I mean, the Cards middle of the order has the best 1-2 punch in baseball now. They also have 4 stand-out defensive players in Rasmus, Molina, Ryan and Pujols. The main problem is going to be the bullpen, because its almost a guarantee that Franklin is not going to be the answer for closer. The bullpen is going to be OK until the 9th until we decide to go in another direction because Hawksworth, McClellan, Reyes, and Miller are all good arms. Boggs has some potential, but It's scary as hell not having a real closer. I just don't want to see Franklin cry because he blew a save like the last couple of seasons. I really hope that Franklin can make it the whole year, but its by far the weakest part and also the biggest question mark on the team.
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bpmd2k View Post
    The lineup is the least of our worries, by a pretty big margin. Even though we are starting Freese, if he sucks, Lopez steps in and nbd. B4 we had lopez, it was a big deal, but now we have a legit backup plan, which makes everything work better. The offense from top to bottom is going to be a top offense in the league if Rasmus doesn't suck and Freese hits OK. I mean, the Cards middle of the order has the best 1-2 punch in baseball now. They also have 4 stand-out defensive players in Rasmus, Molina, Ryan and Pujols. The main problem is going to be the bullpen, because its almost a guarantee that Franklin is not going to be the answer for closer. The bullpen is going to be OK until the 9th until we decide to go in another direction because Hawksworth, McClellan, Reyes, and Miller are all good arms. Boggs has some potential, but It's scary as hell not having a real closer. I just don't want to see Franklin cry because he blew a save like the last couple of seasons. I really hope that Franklin can make it the whole year, but its by far the weakest part and also the biggest question mark on the team.
    Yea I agree. I wasnt clear enough, I meant that the roster as a whole has some spots, not necessarily the lineup. Thats my fault for not being specific enough.

vCash
    I still wont be suprised if Garcia is named the 5th starter. He had a low era this spring & it would give us a lefty in the rotation. McClellan will also be better suited with the bullpen. If Garcia cant cut it, then I would imagine McClellan stepping in.
    ik it wouldnt surprise anyone if he won the job, but the thread is calle Jaime Garcia NAMED 5th Starter.. just cuz some dude thinks he's going to be the starter doesnt mean ****. this should just be merged with the 'who do you want to be he 5th starter' thread, if that exists haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick66ankiel24 View Post
    ik it wouldnt surprise anyone if he won the job, but the thread is calle Jaime Garcia NAMED 5th Starter.. just cuz some dude thinks he's going to be the starter doesnt mean ****. this should just be merged with the 'who do you want to be he 5th starter' thread, if that exists haha
    your not very bright. rotoworld said he was named the 5th starter. so thats what i put. i never thought he was gonna be the starter, i saw it on rotoworld so i posted it. and all your link said was no1 is named the starter yet, but it will probably be garcia and now theres another link that says more then likely it will be garcia. i dont even know why your complaining in the 1st place. thats 3 diff. links that have either said he is the starter, or more then likely will be.

but dont try and call me out when u obviously havent even looked on rotoworld when i clearly put it up on the 1st post.

vCash

I still don't think you've gotten the point of me saying "they'd get injured."

It was completely hypothetical based on the suggestion of a 4 man rotation. If you take into account that Wainwright is coming off a season in which he has pitched more than he ever has before, adding another 300+ innings in a 4 man rotation would likely lead to injury in his near future. Also, his mechanics are very questionable. Just for reference, his are similar to John Smoltz, who is the epitome of talented and injured.

As for Carpenter, you're probably right that I shouldn't have just said he would be injured in the completely unrealistic situation that will never happen. But it would be likely.

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...InvertedW.html

That's a link to examples of pitchers with Inverted W mechanics, which is a red flag to a lot of scouts.

There is some method to my madness, here. I'm not just spouting off negativity....just possibilities.

vCash
    Wow alot of words getting tossed around in here. Haven't been on here for a bit but man I'm back.

As for the Jaime Garcia being named the 5th starter, Hellz yeah! I'm actually really happy they are giving this kid a shot for a couple of reasons. 1) He's young and has tons of talent. 2) He's a lefty and is something we could definitely use in our rotation.

Oh yeah I will throw out a prediction lol 25 wins for Jaime!

Just kidding lol totally sarcastic on that there!

vCash

You are more than welcome to post comments here, it's actually nice to hear from a realistic cubs fan for a change. Yeah on paper the cards are favored to win but it only takes a injury or two to change that. If the cubs can get big z to pull his head out of his *** and pitch the way he i capable of and soriano can stay some what healthy and put decent numbers and if A-Ram can stay healthy then i think the cubs will be in contention all year. I'm not a cardinals fan that goes around bragging that the cards are gonna win the central this year because i know it is a long year and anything can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Oh yeah I will throw out a prediction lol 25 wins for Jaime!
    HOW DARE YOU! THAT'S INSANE! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?! GIVE ME A BREAK!!

The smallest things can really snowball in here.

Pick is in.

vCash
    I still don't think you've gotten the point of me saying "they'd get injured."

It was completely hypothetical based on the suggestion of a 4 man rotation. If you take into account that Wainwright is coming off a season in which he has pitched more than he ever has before, adding another 300+ innings in a 4 man rotation would likely lead to injury in his near future. Also, his mechanics are very questionable. Just for reference, his are similar to John Smoltz, who is the epitome of talented and injured.

As for Carpenter, you're probably right that I shouldn't have just said he would be injured in the completely unrealistic situation that will never happen. But it would be likely.

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...InvertedW.html

That's a link to examples of pitchers with Inverted W mechanics, which is a red flag to a lot of scouts.

There is some method to my madness, here. I'm not just spouting off negativity....just possibilities.
    Alright man, fair enough. I understand what your saying and in that hypothetical instance, the odds of wearing his arm out are indeed very high, but it wouldnt be a certainty. I apologize for blowin things out of porportion and I meant it when I said that I respect you as well as every other poster on the site. I agree that you are just presenting possibilties, but for every negative possibility there is a positive one opposite of it. And thanks for the link.

vCash

vCash

What you don't think that's possible? Really? Come on man, he can easily do that!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast