Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Two deaths in St. Louis Cardinals family

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) -- The St. Louis Cardinals organization is mourning the deaths of one of its former team presidents and a newborn child of one of today's players.

Ninety-three-year-old Fred Kuhlmann died Saturday at his home in Webster Groves, his family says.

Kuhlmann was an Anheuser-Busch executive who inherited control of the ballclub's day-to-day operations from August A. Busch Junior in the 1980's and retired in the early 1990's.

Also announced Saturday, Annabelle Walters, the newborn daughter of Cards pitcher P.J. Walters and wife Brittney, died Friday night.
    http://www.kmox.com/Two-deaths-in-St...family/6723012

RIP
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    damn.... i was hoping walters daughter would be able to pull through.

vCash
    That's terrible. Prayers to the families.

vCash
    Feel for PJ, his wife, and the rest of their family. That is truly horrible to hear about and to see someone go through that really sucks.

All thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Kuhlman.

vCash
    That's terrible....

I remember quite vividly Darryl Kile's death, and Josh Hancock's death. I drove by Hancock's SUV about 20 minutes after it happened just after the police arrived and I remember thinking, there's no way whoever was driving that car survived. Then the next morning I saw the news that is was him, and I was stunned.

It seems the Cardinals have had kind of bad luck with this kind of stuff in the last decade or so.....

Prayers to the families.