Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Stupid is saying that his label holds him back... He's always done these slow R&B songs, even back when he didn't have a label... This is an unfinished product.... If you wanna judge the album based on a song and a half then go ahead.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Stupid is saying that his label holds him back... He's always done these slow R&B songs, even back when he didn't have a label... This is an unfinished product.... If you wanna judge the album based on a song and a half then go ahead.
    Awe, now I have to make you look stupid

1. The Room For Improvement mixtape did not have him singing like this like you just suggested. It had R&B artists on hooks and smooth feels to some beats.. But this is garbage compared to that (his best).

2. His label DOES. Look who he associates himself with because of where he's from. If he signed with, lets say Aftermath, he wouldn't be doing this trash with The Game, Dre, Eminem, etc.

3. And I shall judge the album. Because these are supposed to singles.. That catch my attention and make me want to hear an album. Not stab my ears until they bleed.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Awe, now I have to make you look stupid

1. The Room For Improvement mixtape did not have him singing like this like you just suggested. It had R&B artists on hooks and smooth feels to some beats.. But this is garbage compared to that (his best).

2. His label DOES. Look who he associates himself with because of where he's from. If he signed with, lets say Aftermath, he wouldn't be doing this trash with The Game, Dre, Eminem, etc.

3. And I shall judge the album. Because these are supposed to singles.. That catch my attention and make me want to hear an album. Not stab my ears until they bleed.
    Aw, that was a nice attempt...

1. His first mixtape. Which mixtape was responsible for his meteoric rise to stardom? That would be So Far Gone, which features songs just like Shut It Down. Songs like Brand New, Houstatlantavegas, Slow Down, Something, and A Night Off are all examples of Drake singing and they were all recorded before he was signed to this label. You can't blame his label for him doing what hes been doing...

2. Your probably right, if he was with Aftermath he probaby wouldn't be dropping these R&B joints, but thats half the reason why he signed with YM. He would have the freedom to do record however he likes, not to mention the comfort and familiarity that he had with them.

3. Stab your ears until they bleed? Really? You said it yourself, Shut It Down is a very catchy song, hardly one that "stabs your ears until they bleed"... And based on expectations Over was a bit of a dissapointment I'll admit, but thats one single. They aren't all going to be hits, although it is still a popular song.
    SPACE

vCash
    I actually thought Over was pretty decent, as for the other song it's alright not my cup of tea but, I am not putting the album off because of it.

vCash
    drake is so ****ing bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12