Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ....so what?

Predator movies is not about Oscar winning performances, is about action and bad *** characters as the original and only good movie in that franchised showed. Arnold, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura none were good actors, but they fit into the roles great.
    The point I'm getting at is people are saying horrible cast, that doesn't make sense when one of the cast members was an Oscar winner, Danny Trejo is as bad *** as they come, and sense when is Laurence Fishburne a bad actor? (best actor nomination in 1994 and multiple emmy awards)

Just saying its better then Jason Statham who has done ****** movie after ****** movie, The Rock? please say that was a joke. Last movie the guy did was the TOOTH FAIRY! Really? and then there Jet Lei prob the worst actor of the 3, guy can hardly even speak english let alone act. He is a great stunt man, but actor. Fail.

I rest my case.
    Last edited by MvpMets00; 03-20-2010 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Hard to be optimistic after the abortion that was Alien vs Predator. The worst thing is I loved the first so much I'll probably get suckered into seeing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Hard to be optimistic after the abortion that was Alien vs Predator. The worst thing is I loved the first so much I'll probably get suckered into seeing this.

Pretty awful actors in that....wonder why it was such a flop....hmm....

vCash
    I like it...the alien vs predators were crap...but this one looks like it will be a good one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00 View Post
    The point I'm getting at is people are saying horrible cast, that doesn't make sense when one of the cast members was an Oscar winner, Danny Trejo is as bad *** as they come, and sense when is Laurence Fishburne a bad actor? (best actor nomination in 1994 and multiple emmy awards)

Just saying its better then Jason Statham who has done ****** movie after ****** movie, The Rock? please say that was a joke. Last movie the guy did was the TOOTH FAIRY! Really? and then there Jet Lei prob the worst actor of the 3, guy can hardly even speak english let alone act. He is a great stunt man, but actor. Fail.

I rest my case.
    Did Arnold know how to speak English or act?

The answer to that is no, he was just a baddass.

I rest my case.

Predators is not about Oscar caliber performances so who ****ing cares that they have a guy that won an Oscar?
    I know I don't, hell I do not even think Brody is that good an actor anyways, just did great in 1 movie. I know I never said in my life that I wanted to see a film just because Brody was in it and i am willing to bet money that most people feel the same.

Trejo is the only baddass character they have in this film.

The Rock while he has been making many kid oriented movies because of his contract with Disney at least has a record of being a baddass in some of his movies and fits the role in a movie like this, just as Arnold did back in the day and he is a name that makes money on the box office and so is Statham.

Hell the Expendables looks a lot more appealing because of the collection of badass characters in it even if the plot will blow, but this sorry collection of actors does nothing to rise any sense of anticipation for this movie and the trailer did nothing either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00 View Post
    Pretty awful actors in that....wonder why it was such a flop....hmm....
    It was a flop because it sucked balls, not because of the actors.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 03-20-2010 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    Alien vs Predator sucked altogether and not just because of the cast. It had too much time setting and explaining the story and the action scenes were usually dark and in crowded areas where you couldn't see much during the scenes.

vCash
    Looks ok! Not sure im going to see it at the movies though.
    El Presidente

vCash
    One reason why I was hoping Robert Rodriguez make it is that he makes his horror movies so outlandish and over the top that they are hilarious and have great action. That is why ''planet terror'' and ''from dusk till dawn'' are 2 of my favorite movies.

vCash
    Definitely watching it. No idea how they will fit Brody in there... was expecting someone of Vin Diesel's qualifications but at least the trailer looks good.

On a side note, at 1:43, wth is that thing beside the Predator? Looks like his ride or something to me.

vCash
    Looks like Alien vs. Predator. I'll pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Oh, so is produced by Robert Rodriguez, I surely thought he was directing it.

...but sorry that cast looks weak as hell and and am not impress by the trailer at all.

This movie needed bad *** characters in it, Jason Statham, The rock, Jet li, guys of that ilk. By no means great actors, but action stars that are believable as guys who are criminals. Trejo is perfect, but he may be the only one.
    Can you imagine how incredible this movie would be if they got the cast from The Expendables to do this. Willis, Stallone, Statham, Jet Li, Steve austin, arnold, Rourke, Terry Crews, Trejo all in a platoon fighting a Predator. I get chills just thinking about it.

The cast is very meh, the director is meh, the trailer is meh, and the movie more than likely will be meh. I will probably end up seeing this but my expectations are pretty low.

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

vCash
    At first I was like Adrien Brody..seriously!? But he looked pretty good in the trailer-maybe he can do action and not just sing a dance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattz1212 View Post
    Can you imagine how incredible this movie would be if they got the cast from The Expendables to do this. Willis, Stallone, Statham, Jet Li, Steve austin, arnold, Rourke, Terry Crews, Trejo all in a platoon fighting a Predator. I get chills just thinking about it.

The cast is very meh, the director is meh, the trailer is meh, and the movie more than likely will be meh. I will probably end up seeing this but my expectations are pretty low.
    Yup, i mention the expendables earlier in the thread as well. I am really hype for that movie just based on the guys that are in it.

...somebody mention Vin Diesel and he also would of been a good guy for this movie over anybody else.

Hell make it Riddick vs Predator. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12