Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    Leg press really isn't ideal for football. Football training has changed now and it is much more dynamic. My old school's trainer used to say, do exercises that will simulate positions that you will be in during the game. I don't think I've done the leg press in a year and a half. Squats, single leg squats and lunges are better for football training.

As for the bench, I know that if you roll your shoulders, like pinch them, you can gain an advantage. Don't know why or how.
    Right on the money. Squats > Leg press. There really is no need to do leg presses. Squats are so much more effective and not to mention safer. It doesnt matter what you are doing, free weights will always be much more better to use than cables and machines.

Board Presses are a great tool to use because if you can recognize where you are weak on your bench, you can work that part. For instance, If i am having trouble locking out, then a 3 or 4 board will only work the lockout where i am weakest.

Personally, Ive only used a one and 2 board because lockout has never been my weakness, my weakness is usually right off the chest to about mid range.

They are very easy to make too, if you guys wanna know just ask.

vCash
    i wanna know. . haha

vCash
    Darn your avatar! Now i'm craving an hamburger!

vCash
    My Advice would be to not bench press and do different lifts that give far greater results.

If you are going to bench press though use dumbbells.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKaine View Post
    My Advice would be to not bench press and do different lifts that give far greater results.

If you are going to bench press though use dumbbells.

Anyway, this is how you make boards for bench presses:

Take a 2x6 piece of wood (make sure there are no significant cracks) and cut it to 14". You now have a one board, lol.

To make a 2 board, make two 2x6's, one 14" cut and one 18" cut. Now you can get some wood or gorilla glue and simply glue them together. Another option is drilling some screws on each corner. So now you are going to have one board obviously 4" longer. Now you just take a saw and cut out a handle on the 18" 2x6. I dont quite remember how wide my handle was, but you can just cut one out to your own desire

so for a 3 board you are obviously going to use 2 14" pieces and 1 18" 2x6 for the handle. Make sure you put the 18" 2x6 in the middle lol, i actually glued one with a 14" one in middle like a ****tard.

And if you are using one, just remember you have to let the bar "sink" in to the board. Its not necessarily a pause, but it isn't touch and go. You will really not get much out of the boards if you just do a touch and go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post

Anyway, this is how you make boards for bench presses:

Take a 2x6 piece of wood (make sure there are no significant cracks) and cut it to 14". You now have a one board, lol.

To make a 2 board, make two 2x6's, one 14" cut and one 18" cut. Now you can get some wood or gorilla glue and simply glue them together. Another option is drilling some screws on each corner. So now you are going to have one board obviously 4" longer. Now you just take a saw and cut out a handle on the 18" 2x6. I dont quite remember how wide my handle was, but you can just cut one out to your own desire

so for a 3 board you are obviously going to use 2 14" pieces and 1 18" 2x6 for the handle. Make sure you put the 18" 2x6 in the middle lol, i actually glued one with a 14" one in middle like a ****tard.

And if you are using one, just remember you have to let the bar "sink" in to the board. Its not necessarily a pause, but it isn't touch and go. You will really not get much out of the boards if you just do a touch and go.

haha thanks alot bro. now i am going to home depot and buy some wood, hopefully they have big enough chains as well.

and i am going to check out some videos on Defrancos, with the wood n chains

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12