Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: will it happen?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

    44 86.27%
  • 5 years

    1 1.96%
  • 10 years

    4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

    2 3.92%
Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    The CFL Thread

    1. is there any discussion at all - or has there ever been - of maybe an annual inter-league (U.S. and CA) game between two teams perhaps chosen at an official drawing or something? a game that's 1 half Canadian rules, and the next half of the game American rules {respective halves chosen by coin toss}?
    timed right on a yearly basis [like just before the start of the CFL season or right AFTER the NFL season, especially, since the PRO BOWL ratings are in the toilet], wouldn't the television ratings for a game like this be through the roof?
    2. my other question is: is there any discussion anywhere in Canada of putting together a CANADIAN Arena Football League? i'd sure be one of the league closest followers...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In The L.A. River
    Posts
    1,433
    Wow you're the first person I've met who actually likes the CFL...


    The New StevenQBosell Theme Song!
    bosell theme song 2.mp3 - 1.87MB

    The "Classic" StevenQBosell ThemeSong:
    04 never my love 2.1.mp3 - 2.00MB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenQBosell View Post
    Wow you're the first person I've met who actually likes the CFL...
    growing up in Detroit, we got channel 9 out of WINDSOR, and they always carried the games. to me, they were no different from the NFL games. i could see no tangible difference from that point of view...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2
    as someone who plays canadian university football, and has been to both leagues games, allow me to say on behalf of canadian football fans everywhere, never make this happen. we'll get embarassed. i'm not saying that canadian players aren't talented, because they are. but, there is a definite gap as far as individual talent from player to player. the NFL players just are better, no two ways about it. the fact that jesse lumsden couldnt even land a practice roster spot just makes that all the more clear. the first nfl game i went to was the colts vs. broncos in the divisionals a couple of years ago, and it just became all too clear. under canadian or american rules, we'd just be slaughtered. sorry to say it, because i love playing canadian football, but i cant even go to live games anymore because it just pains me to see it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    but ya know what...

    Quote Originally Posted by asutherl3443 View Post
    as someone who plays canadian university football, and has been to both leagues games, allow me to say on behalf of canadian football fans everywhere, never make this happen. we'll get embarassed. i'm not saying that canadian players aren't talented, because they are. but, there is a definite gap as far as individual talent from player to player. the NFL players just are better, no two ways about it. the fact that jesse lumsden couldnt even land a practice roster spot just makes that all the more clear. the first nfl game i went to was the colts vs. broncos in the divisionals a couple of years ago, and it just became all too clear. under canadian or american rules, we'd just be slaughtered. sorry to say it, because i love playing canadian football, but i cant even go to live games anymore because it just pains me to see it.
    ...but ya know what? i've also heard it said that the CFL actually HAD the better players, for one, and two, i have volleyed messages with some of the CFL brass now, and *ahemmm* they LIKE the idea. i'm sure that if it were designed as an ALL-STAR format, with CA rules one half and US rules the next (or whichever, according to the coin toss) then it'd damn sure be a great game to watch, and around PRO BOWL time, whew, we NEED a great game to watch, cause NOBODY watches that...
    mateo en tejas...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    TORONTO
    Posts
    569
    im from toronto and personally i hate cfl its sucks.

    FEAR THE RAPTORS

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    hating

    Quote Originally Posted by criminisi View Post
    im from toronto and personally i hate cfl its sucks.
    'there's no HATING! there's NO hating!'
    mateo en tejas...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by criminisi View Post
    im from toronto and personally i hate cfl its sucks.
    You won't be saying that when the Argo's get into the NFL (knocks on wood)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    that'd be great

    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    You won't be saying that when the Argo's get into the NFL (knocks on wood)
    is there a real possibility of that? that would be so way cool. i'll bet right away it'd be like the most popular logowear, too...
    mateo en tejas...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    TORONTO
    Posts
    569
    if it does happen say bye bye to the CFL. If Toronto gets a cfl team then theres no chance the cfl will be popular still in Canada.

    FEAR THE RAPTORS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by criminisi View Post
    if it does happen say bye bye to the CFL. If Toronto gets a cfl team then theres no chance the cfl will be popular still in Canada.
    is there a reason why the CFL absolutely can NOT expand?
    in fact, the CFL could go straight up to Anchorage, and suddenly have a U.S. Team if they wanted to give the U.S. a bit of it's own Imperialism back. or ask anyone in Wisconsin, you can have as many sports teams as ya want in Green Bay, and by gawd they'll support them. Green Bay is two hops, a skip, and half a jump from Canada. even THEY could have a CFL Team. another "near Canada" city that is insane for sports: SEATTLE.
    Seattle would maybe support a CFL representative. Maybe even Boston, or CT.
    mateo en tejas...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    TORONTO
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by mtedora View Post
    is there a reason why the CFL absolutely can NOT expand?
    in fact, the CFL could go straight up to Anchorage, and suddenly have a U.S. Team if they wanted to give the U.S. a bit of it's own Imperialism back. or ask anyone in Wisconsin, you can have as many sports teams as ya want in Green Bay, and by gawd they'll support them. Green Bay is two hops, a skip, and half a jump from Canada. even THEY could have a CFL Team. another "near Canada" city that is insane for sports: SEATTLE.
    Seattle would maybe support a CFL representative. Maybe even Boston, or CT.
    your dreaming man i doubt the cfl will expand. Where you from anyways

    FEAR THE RAPTORS

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    5,411
    I think he's from Detroit and Montreal will win the Grey Cup this year
    Visit the HEAT Forum
    Visit the HABS Forum

    Wilt Chamberlain lied when he said he had 20,000 women.
    -Dennis Rodman

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,509

    yes Sir

    Quote Originally Posted by criminisi View Post
    your dreaming man i doubt the cfl will expand. Where you from anyways
    yes SIR, i will admit, in this case, i am DEFINITIVELY "dreaming," as you say; and btw, i'm "from" very near Canada (though i realize your question was *ahemmm* rhetorical)
    mateo en tejas...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    1,819
    Final Score:
    NFL: 103
    CFL: 12


Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast