Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    thansk both of you guys for your input, im a young guy never took weight lifting serious, until last year then broke the collarbone and now getting back to regular form. i find it hard to make it to the gym but easy when your there.

also my friend is playing for oregon state, he mentioned to me that his coach would havea look at my game tape. might not mean much, but its something.

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Im not trying to come at him. I just didn't see how he could crown Cushing as "i still think there is no one who works harder than Cush" and never working with him is insane. My numbers aren't good at all, it is what it is. I train as hard or harder than anyone on any team I've been on. It wasn't always that way, but it certainly is now.

As a sophomore in HS I was about 6'4 260 with about 50% body fat. Okay not quite, but I could only bench the bar, squat 95 pounds with bad form, hang clean the bar, and run a 40 in about 7.5 seconds. I worked my *** off to start my junior year in the second best program in jersey and earn my way to D1 football. I aint braggin either, I'm just proud.

Physically I'm not gifted, but I promise you I got a huge heart, and thats the only reason I am where I am. Just like Joe D, I thrive from being told I can't.. those two words made me.. people telling me I cant. **** em. I know you werent getting at me, but my numbers dont mean **** to me. I want to improve them sure, but if I can play well with those number, what do they really mean.

As for this workout, its more than legit. Joe is awesome. Could be a strength coach for any team for any sport anywhere at any level. I didn't tell him not to do it, I highly recommend it. You follow this pretty closely, and you'll make gains.
    I like hearing stuff like this. You see so many kids who have god given ability and piss it all away. Glad to hear your working so hard for it. All you can do is just keep working. I don't know you personally, but from what you've said, I'd say your doing pretty good thus far.

On a different note, my trainer has a lot of stuff that is very similar to DeFranco's stuff. His name is Chris Munford, he was the head strength and conditioning guy with the Charlotte Bobcats and a lot of his stuff is innovative and ahead of his time. He is good in the sense that he doesn't take and **** or slack from anyone. He will make you leave the gym if your slacking or challenge you to anything (lifts, fights lol....anything) if your talking ****, and he will show you up, I've seen it haha. Unfortunately my school is probably the lowest funded program in the country so we have limited resources, but that doesn't stop him from finding anything and everything to lift, move, push, pull etc.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    I like hearing stuff like this. You see so many kids who have god given ability and piss it all away. Glad to hear your working so hard for it. All you can do is just keep working. I don't know you personally, but from what you've said, I'd say your doing pretty good thus far.

On a different note, my trainer has a lot of stuff that is very similar to DeFranco's stuff. His name is Chris Munford, he was the head strength and conditioning guy with the Charlotte Bobcats and a lot of his stuff is innovative and ahead of his time. He is good in the sense that he doesn't take and **** or slack from anyone. He will make you leave the gym if your slacking or challenge you to anything (lifts, fights lol....anything) if your talking ****, and he will show you up, I've seen it haha. Unfortunately my school is probably the lowest funded program in the country so we have limited resources, but that doesn't stop him from finding anything and everything to lift, move, push, pull etc.
    i dont know about lowest funded... u of M is pretty bad, i lifted there, and its disgusting. old equipment, they dont even have a strength coach right now, and the coach is a bum. i madea good choice of not going there.

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    what are your thoughts on two a days>? morning lift and evenin speed session or interval running?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnd_DEnd View Post
    i dont know about lowest funded... u of M is pretty bad, i lifted there, and its disgusting. old equipment, they dont even have a strength coach right now, and the coach is a bum. i madea good choice of not going there.
    Im gonna take picks of Guelph and show you guys how hack our gym is. Our gym is probably a 25foot by 25foot room. It has all you need. I think in the OUA, we have the oldest facilities around, and since our coach quit to take a job with the Blue Bombers, we still don't have one and have only had one interview.

What school are you at? Or looking at?

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Im gonna take picks of Guelph and show you guys how hack our gym is. Our gym is probably a 25foot by 25foot room. It has all you need. I think in the OUA, we have the oldest facilities around, and since our coach quit to take a job with the Blue Bombers, we still don't have one and have only had one interview.

not sure, i dont think i am where i want to be strength wise, since my injury. so i was jsut going to do the junior thing again, and then consider CIS but not u of m.

also i have ties to UND, my highschool coach went there, i think if iwork hard like i am righ now and have a good junior year.. i could have a chance, and my friend plays at oregon state, but he said he would look into it, but he has no pull.

so i am open to anything. i know it wont be my career, so i am not to worried.

vCash
    also what do you guys think about the workout, if it addresses all muscle groups? nothing left out?

vCash

und was my option in HS. long story. ongoing for 2 years now

vCash
    Last edited by .Sean.; 05-14-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    what are your thoughts on two a days>? morning lift and evenin speed session or interval running?
    I think thats the best way, I did it for years, now I dont have the time.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Thanks alot sean i will check him out. i also heard chip smith is good.

John Davies has stuff online that can help me make my program? or books?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    I think thats the best way, I did it for years, now I dont have the time.
    yeah so it works? i just dont want to set my self back, for muscle recovery. what did your two a days look like?

iim thinking of lifting 4 days a week at 6 am, then two of those days i would do speed in the evening. then interval run on my off day. and then dedicate day 6 all to speed and footwork/position.

vCash
    Last edited by .Sean.; 05-14-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    yeah so it works? i just dont want to set my self back, for muscle recovery. what did your two a days look like?

iim thinking of lifting 4 days a week at 6 am, then two of those days i would do speed in the evening. then interval run on my off day. and then dedicate day 6 all to speed and footwork/position.
    I think its ideal. When I do cardio and lift in the same session, I cannot give 100% effort. I don't see how anyone can. In a perfect world lifting and cardio should be split in my humble opinion. I would normally do cardio in the morning 7am or so, which would consist of HIIT, or endurance training. Followed by weights in the late afternoon. Just make sure you have a healthy balanced diet and listen to your body. I would normally do twice per days 4-5 days per week...that might be a bit much for some people but it worked very well for me. I also had a 5 day split for lifting. 4 day may have been better, but I like having the extra day in the gym.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash

There is no problem with that. Both my juco and college have each done that. My juco was like yours, with the workout in the morning and running/cardio in the evening. My school now is the opposite. We do cardio and running in the morning and lifts later on. On Wednesday's I actually do some 3 a days. Basically basketball/running at 6am, lift during the day, usually around noon then we have a LB skills session at 5pm. Your more than fine doing this.

Credit--- Phins1983

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast