Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Right on guys.

Well, I'm a fan of the "keep a player lose a pick" system for fantasy keeper leagues.

The idea is, you can keep as many as 8 players but as few as 3 from your team the year before. If you keep 8 then you miss out on the first 5 rounds of the draft. If you keep 4 picks you only miss the first round pick.

Also, I'm going to remove the .decimal point scoring we had last year. It's a bit obnoxious. Plain whole numbers for the win.

Now, the question is do we keep from our rosters last year. Or do we start over, draft from scratch with the idea of making this a keeper league from this point on.

Please Vote:

A. Use last years roster

B. Start fresh
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    B, as I have no roster

GOAT

vCash
    I'm in the same boat as Buccaneer, I didn't play last year so my vote is "B"

Its really up to the guys that played last year, though. Do you guys from last year want to keep going or start out fresh?

vCash
    I dont remember who i had last year, but it seems like a fun idea, i think we should start fresh then do it next season

vCash
    Yeah, we won 1st & 3rd so it's easy to say we want A lol. But I guess it's only fair to let the new guys draft too. Eh, we'll still vote A lol.

vCash
    im with quikdraw and buccaneer so im gonna have to go with B

vCash
    whatever you guys decide im down for, im just ready for some football

vCash
    B, and I am down for making it a keeper league
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I play a lot of Fantasy Football. I will join up provided there is room. Course as I am new, I will leave that up to you all. If you have room/need people let me know. Otherwise, itís cool as I already play in a long standing keeper league that is very serious and hardcore.

vCash
    I'm thinking we should start over.

1. We didn't draft with the idea of picking players who we'd want as keepers. That is, we picked players who could best help us to win now.

2. It does seem that there are several regular contributors to PSD that would like to join us now and I'd like to open it up to them.

We'll go with whatever the majority (of those that played last year) think we should do.

vCash
    We should start over Stead.

We will then allow active members like "Buccaneer" and "Quikdraw" for example join the league.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Right on!

So, here's what the keeper league will look like:

It's going to be a "keep a player lose a pick" style keeper league.

So, the rules are rather basic:

This year we'll all draft in a snake order as normal. The first pick of round one gets the last pick of round two etc.

After this up-coming season. I'll record all rosters in an excel document and share it with the managers of the league.

Nearing the new season we'll decide on a draft date. Prior to that draft date each manager will submit their keeper list. The keeper list will be those players from your team last year which you choose as your keepers to be on your team for the next season. There will be a minimum of 3 keepers and a maximum of 8. Any players any positions.

When the draft occurs and for each following draft it will follow this system:

It will no longer be a snake draft but rather just like the NFL's draft. The #1 pick from round 1 gets the #1 pick from round 2.

Now, because 3 keepers are a minimum requirement for the keeper league, the draft actually starts with round 4. But, only those teams that kept the minimum of 3 players will be able to participate in that first round. If a manager only kept 4 players then their first round of the draft will start with round 5. 5 keepers equals round 6. 6 keepers equals round 7. 7 keepers equals round 8. If a manager keeps all 8 maximum keepers then they start with round 9.

This adds strategy as you now have to decide if your keepers are worth more than the draft picks you might have access too. Also, this keeps teams from becoming dynasties for very long as, even if a team gets the obvious stud Adrian Peterson they will have to keep a minimum number of players to be able to continually grab those fresh stud rookies that will be highly sought after as a keeper leagues add extra value to youth.

Any questions?

vCash
    Sounds good
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Right on guys.

Well, I'm a fan of the "keep a player lose a pick" system for fantasy keeper leagues.

The idea is, you can keep as many as 8 players but as few as 3 from your team the year before. If you keep 8 then you miss out on the first 5 rounds of the draft. If you keep 4 picks you only miss the first round pick.

Also, I'm going to remove the .decimal point scoring we had last year. It's a bit obnoxious. Plain whole numbers for the win.

Now, the question is do we keep from our rosters last year. Or do we start over, draft from scratch with the idea of making this a keeper league from this point on.

Please Vote:

A. Use last years roster

B. Start fresh
    Before I vote let me say, I play in a 5 year standing keeper league with some guys from college. Itís not an issue to bring in new guys/owners in keeper leagues. You just (A) give them an old quitting playerís roster (IE if he left the league so a new owner takes over) Kinda like just a new owner bought the team IRL. OR (B) if there is no team roster available to take over, he is an expansion team and will draft 1st. In the case of several new players joining, some method to determine draft order for the new owners is used IE number drawing or something.

Anywho, /IF/ I am in?, I will vote for using last years rosters as I feel half the fun of a keeper league is building your roster fro the get to. As stated above itís not a big deal either way as far as I am concerned, but thatís my preference. The point of a keeper league is to build for a dynasty/future anyways right so 1 year in the dog house is not a big thing to hammy.

vCash
    count me in for fantasy this year again

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast