Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Eating my words

vCash

Eating my words

Last month, I posted a 32 team ranking of the NFL's fans. I placed the Buc's fans at the 32 slot. Well, today if I were to write the same exact thread, Tampa would be at the mid-twenties.

What brought this change of heart?

Was it an outstanding amount of PSDers taking offense to where I put the Bucs? Was it a rise of optimists on PewterReport? Or maybe it was rising season ticket sales for Raymond James?

Nope.

It came from one very ignorant writer named Jamison Hensley. Well, not so much him, but, the overwhelming disdain taken by our very own fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The article is flooded with support from the Buc's fans voicing their disagreement with statements the writer made about Freeman not being a franchise QB, Raheem not being up to par, going as far as to say "The Buccaneers better have a backup rebuilding plan."

Of the 37 comments, I'd say roughly 30 were Buc's fans standing up for the fact that the Buccaneers are headed in the right direction.

Here's the link, let's add our support

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...uccaneers.html

vCash
    "Is Josh Freeman really a franchise QB? The answer seems to be no."

In an effort to be nice, I'll say only this... Jamison Hensley, "big-time" sports writer for the Baltimore Sun (big ****ing deal), has a lot of nerve calling out Freeman this early.

Who the **** is he and what does he really know? Hensley should focus his worries on whether or not Joe Flacco is "really a franchise QB?"

Any decent writer should recognize that Freeman is only in his second year and has only 9 starts under his belt. 9 starts is hardly enough time to give a definitive answer on whether or not a guy can stick for the next 10-15 years. So asking the "is he the franchise QB" question at this point is extremely premature, let alone answering with a "seems to be no," which is absolutely absurd.

This *** clown should write for the Times, he'd fit right in with Tom Jones and Rick Stroud. Or they could do us all a favor and jump off a cliff together!

vCash
    ^ Well said. This guy is a supreme douche. I am not ready to anoint Josh as "the Man" but I definitely believe in this team and that they are headed in the right direction. I still think Josh will surprise the NFL world this year.

vCash
    I live in Baltimore, and believe me most of the real fans here would rather see Josh Freeman play for the Ravens than Joe Flacco.

In Flacco's two years (32 game starts) as the starting QB he has yet to show the brillance and play making ability that Josh Freeman has already shown in only 9 starts.

Believe me, the Freeman hatred is more jealously and Flacco frustration than anything else at all.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    All I know is that Freeman has enough critics without this guy taking pot shots at him too.

Clearly Freeman has to prove himself to quiet all of the naysayers, but calling him out and essentially labeling him a "bust" at this point is half-baked and completely off base. We're not in the same division, we're not even in the same conference, so why is this guy even talking about us? That's what I don't get. It's obvious we're not a very good team (based on last year's performance), but knocking both Freeman and Rah after one year is just wrong.

It's easy to be arrogant when you're a sports writer, but it's even easier to do a little research before making bogus statements about topics you're not even familiar with.

vCash
    Josh Freeman (22 y/o)
    10 Games:
    159/291 = 54.6%
    1,857 passing yards
    10 TDS
    18 INTs
    161 rushing yards
    5.4 AVG

Mark Sanchez (23 y/o)
    15 Games
    196/364 = 53.8%
    2,444 yards
    12 TDs
    20 INTs
    106 yards
    2.9 AVG

Matt Stafford (22 y/o)
    10 Games
    201/377 = 53.3%
    2,267 yards
    13 TDs
    20 INTs
    108 yards
    5.4 AVG

The numbers speak for themselves. If anyone knocks Freeman then they've got to knock the entire Rookie QB core last year, as Freeman had the better completion percentage than both. Take away that fluke 5 INT game and he was far outshining both of these Quarterbacks in nearly every category. These numbers don't even show the character he showed game in and game out when it came to the 4th quarter. He's clutch. He's a playmaker. I personally think he'll go down as a better playmaker than any of these other quarterbacks when all is said and done.

vCash
    I didn't watch the other two play all that much this past season, but I know all 3 of them had some very bad games. The thing that stood out more than the numbers, in regards to Freeman, is how much poise he showed in the pocket. He had the demeanor of a veteran quarterback out there. On top of that he is by far the biggest and most athletic of the 3.

I don't expect Freeman to really explode into a star this year but I think we will be able to get a good read on the kid. The word is that he is putting in the time to get better and we should see a difference. I expect that he can make a marked improvement on his interceptions and completion percentage. If so, we'll know we got a winner. If not, we might have a bigger, stronger Trent Dilfer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    All I know is that Freeman has enough critics without this guy taking pot shots at him too.

Clearly Freeman has to prove himself to quiet all of the naysayers, but calling him out and essentially labeling him a "bust" at this point is half-baked and completely off base. We're not in the same division, we're not even in the same conference, so why is this guy even talking about us? That's what I don't get. It's obvious we're not a very good team (based on last year's performance), but knocking both Freeman and Rah after one year is just wrong.

It's easy to be arrogant when you're a sports writer, but it's even easier to do a little research before making bogus statements about topics you're not even familiar with.
    The writer was doing a series of columns about each of the Ravens' opponents for this upcoming season. Nov. 28, circle that on your calenders, Bucs fans. We got something to prove to the city of Baltimore, and their ignorant sports writers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaFan View Post
    The writer was doing a series of columns about each of the Ravens' opponents for this upcoming season. Nov. 28, circle that on your calenders, Bucs fans. We got something to prove to the city of Baltimore, and their ignorant sports writers.
    I'll be at M&T Stadium wearing Pewter and Red!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    I'll be at M&T Stadium wearing Pewter and Red!
    Good man!

Im sure these are the sintaments of most here but I promise you all, Freeman will be much improved this year as well as the offense as a whole. A year in the system, new weapons, returning healthy Caddy.... I could go on and on but just mark my words, Freeman will be better than Sanchez or Stafford THIS YEAR BY FAR.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaFan View Post
    Thanks man.