Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Smile Bucs Sign DT Price To 4-Year Deal

Bucs Sign DT Price To 4-Year Deal

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers added another piece to their puzzle with the signing of Brian Price. Price signed a four-year contract with the team. The Bucs selected the UCLA defensive tackle with their first pick in the second round (35th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was the second defensive tackle drafted by the Bucs after the team picked Oklahoma’s Gerald McCoy with the third-overall pick.

"I'm glad my agent got the deal done, so now I can concentrate on having a great training camp. I'm looking forward to contributing to the Buccaneers' dominant defensive tradition," said Price.

Price was an ideal draft choice by the Bucs because of his ability to stuff the run and get after the quarterback. The 6-foot-1, 303-pound Price is expected to play a big part in what the Bucs hope will be a formidable trio at the defensive tackle position with fellow rookie McCoy and second-year player Roy Miller. With the Bucs ranking dead last in the league against the run last year, the team is hoping that the addition of Price and McCoy will help turn things around.

With McCoy projected to win the undertackle (three-technique) position, Price figures to get a lot of playing time at nose tackle. Price played both the nose tackle and the three-technique during his collegiate career and his versatility will prove vital as he tries to remedy a Buccaneers defense ranked 27th in the NFL last season.

Price had 12.5 sacks in his career with the Bruins. The UCLA product totaled 97 tackles, 44.5 tackles for a loss, five forced fumbles, and one interception in his three college seasons.

Last year, Price had seven sacks and ended the season with 48 tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss, and two forced fumbles. Price was third in the nation in tackles for a loss. Price broke into the lineup for the Bruins as a true-freshman in the 2007 season and finished that season with a bang. As a sophomore he had 4.5 sacks with 14 tackles for a loss and 35 tackles.

In order to secure Price’s roster spot the Bucs released rookie guard Lee Grimes, who was signed in April as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M.
    http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/7133

vCash
    I am a huge fanatic for the pac-10 and i watched this kid play quite regularly. Him and a kid named Stephen Paea were the most NFL ready kids from that conference on the defensive line last year. Price was a steal in the 2nd round!

vCash
    Good. Now let's get McCoy in the fold!!

Go Bucs!

vCash
    It looks like the Price was right

I'm glad that we have the majority of our picks signed, hopefully the rest of them will sign before camp.

vCash
    So glad the Bucs have the highest pick signed thus far Hopefully McCoy will follow suit and be in camp on time.

vCash
    Yea I hope Ben, mccoy, and Penn steps it up and makes it to camp. Motivation will shoot thru the roof if were lucky enough to pull that off.

vCash
    Contract details:

I have the numbers on the four-year contract Tampa Bay defensive tackle Brian Price signed Monday.

According to a league source, Price, a second-round draft pick, received a $2.72 million signing bonus and the deal averages $1.13 million a season.

Price’s 2010 base salary is $320,000. In 2011, it will jump to $405,000. In 2012, it will be $490,000 and tops out at $575,000 in 2013. The deal also includes a roster bonus of $510,000 for each of the last three years of the deal and a $300,000 workout bonus in 2013.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...for-buccaneers

vCash
    EDIT: Double post.

vCash
    I am loving the look we have now. If we can get Penn back that would be sick. My only concern is DE. I don't think we look too hot there.

vCash
    We'll just make price the 3-technique he'll be great at it. McCoy better sign quick or he's gonna be our run stuffer. J/k
    But Price is more than capable, glad we got him here

vCash
    Bucs will have a winning record this year! Mark my words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by serrano275 View Post
    I am loving the look we have now. If we can get Penn back that would be sick. My only concern is DE. I don't think we look too hot there.
    Maybe not on paper but with the interior DLine getting a boost it could certainly help take some pressure off of the ends...also the linebackers should see production rise because the DTs will be taking alot more of the OLine attention...which also helps the secondary.
    And thats why getting two good DTs was very smart!
    The Red Barron has landed in Tampa Bay