Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should Detroit do?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take Suh

21 38.18%
  • Take McCoy

0 0%
  • Take Berry

8 14.55%
  • Take Okung

13 23.64%
  • Trade Down (w/ who and take who)

13 23.64%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i dont think theres a chance in hell we trade back... not that the FO dosnot want to(we all know the do want to) but b/c no one wants to trade in to the top 5 let alone top 2... the top 5 teams have been very clear that they all want out of the top 5.. and i cant see any of them geting out
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i dont think theres a chance in hell we trade back... not that the FO dosnot want to(we all know the do want to) but b/c no one wants to trade in to the top 5 let alone top 2... the top 5 teams have been very clear that they all want out of the top 5.. and i cant see any of them geting out
    I think the teams in the top 5 want out because they want extra picks, not because of the position. Personally I haven't read or heard anything about teams actively trying to move back, I've just heard that everyone is doing their due diligence and listening when the phones ring.

If you don't think that there are teams in the league interested in moving up I think you're crazy. Maybe they don't want to pay a kings ransom to do so, but I imagine that there are a few teams that would take the number 2 pick if we were willing to take a little less than what the positional value chart said we were due. If the Lions were to bite for Seattles 1st, 2nd, and a player or future mid round pick Im sure they would at least strongly consider it. The draft position value chart is flawed, it doesnt take into account the amount of money that top 10 picks command. If you're willing to take 2100 points worth of picks for a 2600 point pick though, you might be able to swing a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondomania View Post
    address the trenches, you take care of the d-line and it masks the deficiencies of the secondary.. we had zero pass rush last year and we need to continue to get better along the line. Also, making the d-line better also helps out the LB core. If Suh is there, you take him. We are in a run heavy division and there aren't really any true standout wide receivers that we need to worry about. If anything, we can take a safety in the 2nd or 3rd, but it isn't that big of a hole. I consider CB a bigger hole than safety.
    I really agree with you Bondo.....I wouldn't be mad with taking Suh or Okung. And if the deal is right, we could still get Okung if we traded down. I see SO much depth at alot of key positions for us in this draft class I think we can really improve both sides of the ball, and I really think the focus should be the guys up front. Dline and Oline. If you can rush 4 and get pressure, that makes a HUGE difference to a defense. You can afford to have average/below average DBs if you have a strong front 4. Its a domino effect. If your front 4 can do their job, it takes some pressure off the LBs. If the LBs can do their job, it can take more pressure off the DBs. I also think we should blitz more often. At least send a 5th/6th guy every few plays. Force the opposing team into mistakes.
    HUGE Props to wileyisTOFU for the sig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wileyro...7621533179324/

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfourlife View Post
    Possibly if Jesus himself was entering the draft.

vCash
    i want suh but i think mccoy doesnt have the motivation. otherwise he would have gotten stronger. also he wouldnt bench at his pro day today either,and let his other teamates work out for an hour and a half before he even started. i just feel we could get a dt just as good as him later in the draft . but suh on the other hand is an absolute beast. I havent watched enough okung to make an educated comment so ill stop there.
    C:\Users\Slack\Pictures\2010-08-02 Allen Park Lions 8-1-10\Allen Park Lions 8-1-10 031.JPG

vCash
    i would love if we could get the seahawks 2 first rounders but dont count on it happening but regardless if we trade down or not we should take a OT we need a franchise LT that should be first priority after getting your franchise QB . They are a LT away from having an above average offense

vCash
    With the way that the lions drafted last year, the additions they have made, and what they said. i feel they want the best player at their respective positions. Ex. Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas. Top players at thier positions that we need are a RB: Spiller. CB: Haden. S: Berry. DE: Morgan. LG: Itatupi (don't know how to spell it). This obviously eliminates choosing a QB. They will not be looking for a Left tackle because they said they were happy with Backus and have Cherilous on the other side. Defensive tackle: they traded for williams to fill that hole and he will play next to hill, therefore eliminating Suh and McCoy. Itatupi would never be the #2 overall pick.
    This leaves us with Spiller, Haden, Berry, and Morgan as our top choices, making trading back with SEA the best of all options because all of these players would be a bit of a reach for us at #2. They need a QB. Perfect, they get either claussen or bradford because TB wants a DT and will not want to trade SEA their opportunity to get suh or mccoy. After TB is Washington who also needs a quarterback and will not give him up to SEA. Making Detroit the best of all trading partners. We then get their #6 and 14. We then select Morgan at 6 and Spiller at 14. We would also have to throw in our 4th rounder im assuming. our second round pick then is to be focused on a CB which we will select best available. and the third round we take a reach on a LG. In all filling RB, DE, CB, and LG. That leavs us with out getting a S. we will then select the best S in the 5th round, probably not being too good of a player but we fill 4 out of our 5 holes legitimately.

vCash
    I still don't see how us trading for Williams allows us to pass on a DT. Hill is far from a proven commodity on the line and he is a work in progress. Williams is 28 or 29 (can't remember), and most teams don't run just two DT's. They can draft Suh, who is a game changer on the line.

DE isn't really a need either, at least urgent. With Avril and KVB, we have two starters right there.

I guess i just don't get why or how Suh goes from this guy that everyone is dying to get, and now that he might be available people are saying we should trade back. I think the Lions need elite talent on the defensive side of the ball, especially on the line. Does anyone know who the Steelers CB's are? Most people don't, because they have a sick pass rush and they get to the QB. Yes, they have one elite safety, and Delmas could be that guy, but i just don't see the point in taking another safety this early in the draft. I think that the CB class is also fairly weak on elite CB's. I think that we could snag a guy in the 2nd that falls, like Robinson, Wilson, or Cox. Hell, we might even be able to get Warren in the 3rd. Safety is also really deep this year, and we could get a good one in the 3rd or 4th.

vCash
    Assuming that we don't trade back, I am predicting that we draft Okung!

I know that DET32 hates this idea, but trust me bro once he is drafted your mind will change about him similar to how mine did when we drafted Stafford over a LT last year.

If we are going to pay #2 $$ it will likely be for a position that receives that type of $$. I like Berry, but that means he isn't much of an option and makes it less likely that we draft a DT. Okung is also a great player deserving of the pick.
    "Life is hard... life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
    Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Utah Utes, Texas Longhorns, Dallas Stars, and Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondomania View Post
    I still don't see how us trading for Williams allows us to pass on a DT. Hill is far from a proven commodity on the line and he is a work in progress. Williams is 28 or 29 (can't remember), and most teams don't run just two DT's. They can draft Suh, who is a game changer on the line.

DE isn't really a need either, at least urgent. With Avril and KVB, we have two starters right there.

I guess i just don't get why or how Suh goes from this guy that everyone is dying to get, and now that he might be available people are saying we should trade back. I think the Lions need elite talent on the defensive side of the ball, especially on the line. Does anyone know who the Steelers CB's are? Most people don't, because they have a sick pass rush and they get to the QB. Yes, they have one elite safety, and Delmas could be that guy, but i just don't see the point in taking another safety this early in the draft. I think that the CB class is also fairly weak on elite CB's. I think that we could snag a guy in the 2nd that falls, like Robinson, Wilson, or Cox. Hell, we might even be able to get Warren in the 3rd. Safety is also really deep this year, and we could get a good one in the 3rd or 4th.
    Some things you have to say here are really good, but others really make me scratch my head.

Yes, Suh may be a game changer on the DL, and he was in college, but you can expect that his production will naturally slow down in the NFL playing bigger and better OLmen. Plus, we already have a lot of money wrapped up in KVB and Williams, do you really want to add #2 overall money as well. Keep in mind that Suh hired the same agent that Crabtree had, you know hes going to be asking for a lot.

I'm not really sure how you can call Hill not a starter(when he started every game he was healthy for) and then call Avril a starter when he hasn't been starting. Something seems backwards there to me.

Finally, this draft happens to be very deep at CB. A lot of good juniors came out early due to the uncapped salary year. The fact that we may have a shot a Warren who most would consider elite talent, in the 3rd round really says a lot.

Other than that you had a lot of good to say.

I would like everyone to stop with trade Seattle for their 2 first rounders talk. THAT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN FOR THE 30TH TIME!!! If you had a #6 and a #14 would you trade both to get to #2. I don't think so. Thats absolutly obsurd to think that would ever happen. Possibly if Jesus himself was entering the draft.
    Rebuilt!!!

vCash
    I think this is sig worthy........
    HUGE Props to wileyisTOFU for the sig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wileyro...7621533179324/

vCash
    plus if suh is drafted #2 he will probably get 1o mill a year and with williams getting 6 already thats 16 mill for 2 dts so why not improve the o line where it just makes more sense plus what did SLH do to become a backup ? i mean we are still rebuilding and he played well last year and we were looking for a player to put beside him to start with so why replace a young developing player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebus82 View Post
    I think this is sig worthy........
    Haha, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lions766 View Post
    plus if suh is drafted #2 he will probably get 1o mill a year and with williams getting 6 already thats 16 mill for 2 dts so why not improve the o line where it just makes more sense plus what did SLH do to become a backup ? i mean we are still rebuilding and he played well last year and we were looking for a player to put beside him to start with so why replace a young developing player?
    Thank You, finally someone has noticed how rediculous it is to pay a rookie DT that kind of money. Tyson Jackson got a 5 yr $57 million contract, and he was a reach at #3($31 million garunteed). You can expect Suh to be asking for 5 yrs at least $65-$70 million. No thank you, put that money somewhere reasonable... Left Tackle.

If the FO thinks we need more depth at DT, they can pick up another HOG like Hill in 3rd.
    Rebuilt!!!

vCash
    I think this draft is too deep to take a position like Safety or DT at #2. Suh/McCoy I don't like because Suh has bad knees and McCoy is way to weak. Honestly, 26 reps, thats pretty bad considering Kyle Wilson put up 25 reps. Both players are great but I see too many red flags there worth a #2 pick, including positional value not being that high.

Berry was the top player on most boards for a while, I've seen a couple NFL analysis putting Earl Thomas ahead of Berry now. Not sure what the deal is there but for me it mostly comes down to positional value again. We could easily grab Myron Rolle in the 3rd or 4th and he would be a sufficient compliment to Delmas.

The team is obviously not sold on spending the #2 pick on Suh/McCoy or they wouldn't have announced their interest to trade. I personally think our best move is to draft Okung and I will stick to that until April 22nd. I'm not opposed to a trade either though. Deep inside I have a scary feeling that we will be shocked on draft day. Due to the fact that they've shown interest in a player whom they could draft by trading down, I fear they may reach for him anyways at #2.
    i completely agree with you 120% theres no way with the depth of the definsive side of the ball, whoever wants suh/mccoy is crazY!!!!! mccoy only put up 23 reps, seeing how most lbs and some dbs like kyle wilson did better than that!!!!!! and suh seem like the real deal, but hes got some hugh red flags as well, hes had numerous knee/ankle injuries/surgereys, now i wouldint be too concerned because as a dt like myself, messed up my ankle pretty bad and had to have major surgery, following the same year i was a breakout dt on my team, named team captian, player of the game, and really lit it up while playing some high school ball, people may think surgerys seem to decline a player but somtimes they strongly help guys out, it really made my football career last year as i started offense, defense, and special teams sometimes, but when you have consecutive surgerys on your knees/ankles, it really takes a toll on your body and how well you can prefourm like how fast you can run and your durablitie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltown34 View Post
    As a Packer fan for the 1st time in my 19 years of existence I liked what you guys have done in the draft and FA the last 2 years. If you have another couple of good drafts by 2012 you should be in the playoff hunt. This year you will upset a lot of opponents. So I hope you guys do good, can't say that for the other division foes.
    Thanks for the props!
    Lions and Packers have a great rivalry and yet respect for eachother. When I went to the lions packers thanks giving game in 2003 there were a ton of packers fans and lions fans hanging out talking, overall great experience. Niether were happy when the other team scored...but there was no disrespect either.

vCash
    I say trade down, and get okung or berry, Too many people are drooling over Suh or mcCoy. If rams get Bradford (keeping fingers crossed) then we should be able to trade down if we take a player in the trade, that seems to be the variable to allow that to happen... the players value depends on the team vs. draft picks that have predermined point value.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast