Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Looking for a good Off Season Linebacker Workout.

does anyone have any good workouts for an outside linebacker.defensive end hybrid.

i am looking to get bigger,faster and stronger, and wouldnt mind trying out a new plan...

please give me any information if you have.

also if you have any supplement suggestions for football.

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    This is right up my alley. I play LB and DE in college right now. Just transferred to a CIS school. Is that where your looking to play? I will post a workout routine to help you or show you the type of stuff we do. Cardio is very important, so make sure to keep that up. There aren't really any supplements that you need to take. I'd recommend taking protein just because, but creatine or anything like that is all based on what you personally want.

Get faster means dropping some fat and building your core. Strong shoulder is another one that people don't realize. Your arms will move as fast as your legs go, so the stronger they are, the faster they move = speed. Explosive exercises will also increase speed, inclduding squats, lunges, clean, shoulder presses with squat...etc.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    This is right up my alley. I play LB and DE in college right now. Just transferred to a CIS school. Is that where your looking to play? I will post a workout routine to help you or show you the type of stuff we do. Cardio is very important, so make sure to keep that up. There aren't really any supplements that you need to take. I'd recommend taking protein just because, but creatine or anything like that is all based on what you personally want.

Get faster means dropping some fat and building your core. Strong shoulder is another one that people don't realize. Your arms will move as fast as your legs go, so the stronger they are, the faster they move = speed. Explosive exercises will also increase speed, inclduding squats, lunges, clean, shoulder presses with squat...etc.
    mm interesting. I too play CIS football. What school you going to?

vCash
    I wanna play football in college. . Looking to play for SDSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Guelph. Transferred here from a juco in NY. How about you?

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    For all you guys looking for sport-detailed workouts...

http://gatoradeperformance.stack.com/

It's free too, you can tailor it to improving speed, explosiveness, strength, etc.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    who do you play for?

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    For all you guys looking for sport-detailed workouts...

http://gatoradeperformance.stack.com/

It's free too, you can tailor it to improving speed, explosiveness, strength, etc.
    hey thanks alot, i checked it out, but it isnt position specific. and also i saw soem workouts that i want t ostay away from.. aka good mornings. those can screw ya up.

vCash
    Our workouts change all the time, and everything is based on what your 1 rep max is for each lift. We lift percentages of what our 1 rep max is, so you know just exactly how much you should be lifting.

Our workouts this week look like this....
    ---Each workout we warm up for about 10-15 minutes with a dynamic stretching routine and an ab/core routine.

Bench Press
    Warm up at 50% of max for 10 reps
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%
    - These are listed to be done going 4 seconds down and 4 seconds up.

Hang Cleans
    Warmup with 50% of max
    4 x 80%
    4 x 80%
    4 x 80%
    4 x 80%

Incline Bench Press
    4 sets of 4 reps at 80% (same as above exercises)
    super set with
    Jammer Press
    4 sets of 6 reps at a failure weight (means a weight where you can barely get 6 reps)

Medicine Ball Walking Lunge Chops (4 sets of 8 chops to each side)
    - Basically walking lunges, and as you lunge, swing the medicine ball down from up over your shoulder down to the opposite knee. As if you were swinging an axe down.
    Superset with
    Medicine Ball Tuck Lifts (4 sets of 8 lifts to each side)
    - With a partner stand back to back. Someone starts with the ball at their ankles and goes up to the right shoulder and pass it to the other partner. He takes it and drops down to this ankle and goes up to the other shoulder and passes it to the partner again. Keep going, and do this 8 times to each side.

That is all the lifting for Monday, and here is our running plan.

5 sets of 50 yard strides, just stride it out, not full out sprint.
    2 sets of 100 yard strides, same as above.
    8 sets of 20 yard scramble sprints, start in a push up position, and on "go" get us as fast as you can and sprint 20 yards.
    5 sets of 20 yard reverse scramble sprints. Same thing as above, but start facing the opposite direction that you did in the previous one.
    5 sets of 50 yard strides, stride it out.
    4 sets of 40 or 60 yard sprints. As if you were running a 40, same stance and all, do it 4 times. Lineman do 40 yards, all other positions do 60 yards.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Next lift is for lower body parts. For this whole week we are using a 4 sets of 4 reps at 80% of your max.

Barbell Squats
    Warmup at 50% of max
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%
    4 reps at 80%

Single leg squats off a bench (Keep one leg on a bench, and squat using only the one leg on the floor)
    4 sets of 8 reps at a weight that you are comfortable with. It may feel uncomfortable at first, so you may want to try a lighter weight just to get the movement down, that is if you've never tried this before.

Barbell Lunges
    4 sets of failure weight. Pick a weight that you would barely or not be able to do 6-8 reps at and push it.

Matrix (this is a killer)
    There are 4 different kinds of the matrix (regular, swinging, hip-pop, and step through) and for this day you are too do 2 sets of each.

***To explain the matrix....Start standing up, feet shoulder width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Raise the dumbbells so they are sitting at shoulder height. Squat with the weights in that spot, then as you come up press straight over head with one weight, then squat again and press the other hand over head. Squat again then press one hand straight out in front of you, then squat and press the other hand straight out in front. Squat then press as far behind your back as possible, then squat and press the other arm behind you. Squat and press one arm up at a 45 degree angle to the side, then squat and press the other arm up on the other side. Squat and press one arm, up to the opposite side at a 45 degree angle (for example the right arm would be pressing across your body, up at a 45 degree angle), then squat and do the other arm. Then squat, as you raise up press both dumbbells overhead and do a lung forward with one leg, then squat, press both arms up then lunge the other leg. Squat, press both arms up and lunge to one side, then squat press both arms up and lunge the other side. Finally, squat, press both arms up and lunge backwards at a 45 degree angle, then squat, press both arms overhead and lunge to the other side at a 45 degree angle backwards. There are 2 sets of each for these.

**Note, for the lunges, after each lunge, return to the starting position to squat, then press, then lunge it out.

For this day we usually have some cardio in the morning, whether it be basketball, floor hockey, soccer, whatever for an hour to an hour and a half. I will post more later.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    To Canada26 based on what you just posted ~~>
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Guelph. Transferred here from a juco in NY. How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnd_DEnd View Post
    who do you play for?
    Manitoba Bisons

You in winnipeg? What team u play for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    To Canada26 based on what you just posted ~~>
    You have no idea! My legs are killing me, not to mention that I played in a touch football game which started at 4. Had 3 sacks and a TD. On one sack, I hit the QB in the head (by accident) and knocked his hearing aid out of his ear, and he dropped, and left the game for a bit. We ended up winning by 2 points.

Manitoba Bisons

You in winnipeg? What team u play for
    You guys had a down year this year eh? I played against your RB back in the day, and isn't he going to the combine this weekend? Just keep working hard.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    You guys had a down year this year eh? I played against your RB back in the day, and isn't he going to the combine this weekend? Just keep working hard.
    yeah we had a ineligible player :S