Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Important Is it To Work Out Your Legs?

Alot of people these days seem to forget how important it is to work out their legs. Alot of people think of legs as a waste of time because it's not really a flashy muscle that you can show off. People don't realize how working out your legs helps you gain in your upper body. What is your opinion on working out your legs and do you think it is overated?
    Last edited by mjqusoldier; 03-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    It is extremely important. More important then an "arm day". It will build more overall strength and mass. It will develop core muscles too.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    I didn't think it was important when i first started lifting, but then i kind of plateaued at the 170-172 weight range.

After i started doing legs and adding muscle to them, the weight shot up real fast.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Get that testosterone and GH flowin baby.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    It is extremely important. More important then an "arm day". It will build more overall strength and mass. It will develop core muscles too.
    I agree....nice back....DAMN

Soon...

vCash
    Thanks...Legs are so very important and people tend to neglect them because they dont really see them as much and they are very painful (imho) to train.

vCash
    Thanks...Legs are so very important and people tend to neglect them because they dont really see them as much and they are very painful (imho) to train.
    I would've agreed with that statement a month ago. Now not so much. I love legs now. Throwing heavier weight around with more ease and little to no DOMS. I give the credit to USPlabs.

And for the people wondering, no, they're not paying me for all this love.

Well, they are kind of, they're paying me through the form of results in the weight room!
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I have a love hate relationship with legs...Hate doing them love when they are done. I rarely get DOMS any more either only after layoffs. You definitely love the USPlabs!!

vCash
    I have a love hate relationship with legs...Hate doing them love when they are done. I rarely get DOMS any more either only after layoffs. You definitely love the USPlabs!!
    did you by any chance post at ironmass?

vCash
    I may have years back...not anymore.

vCash
    Legs are very important but I find people tend to neglect them because of their lifestyles. I mean yeah, you could go all out on arms, chest or back then go to work the next day being sore but be able to get through the day with no problem. When it comes to legs most people have no way of avoiding using their legs at work and what not. I know some do but the majority of us don't.

Just this past week I did an intense leg night with squats, leg press and the bike. The next morning we had an 8 km rucksack march which is normally peanuts for me but I ended up with the worst shin splints I had ever gotten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Legs are very important but I find people tend to neglect them because of their lifestyles. I mean yeah, you could go all out on arms, chest or back then go to work the next day being sore but be able to get through the day with no problem. When it comes to legs most people have no way of avoiding using their legs at work and what not. I know some do but the majority of us don't.

Just this past week I did an intense leg night with squats, leg press and the bike. The next morning we had an 8 km rucksack march which is normally peanuts for me but I ended up with the worst shin splints I had ever gotten.
    Well for me not to that extent, but it sucks walking around with sore legs

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Well for me not to that extent, but it sucks walking around with sore legs
    Yeah it does suck. I walk a lot, and given the training for football, legs are a HUGE part of your workout, probably the most important. I squat in half of my workouts and do a lot of leg exercises. Having leg strength will aid in A LOT of different areas. A lot of people come in here wanting great abs and such, yet don't realize that your legs will help you build your core and make it stronger which = better looking abs. It also helps your back and strengthens it. Legs are probably the most important part to workout, to me anyways.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    I know a lot of people don't really like working out their legs but I actually like my leg days almost as much as I love working out my arms.
    Dallas Mavericks
    2010 - 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

vCash
    Other than my calfs my legs gain muscle like crazy. I took the past 2-3 months off legs to focus up top and get more top heavy but I started to look an arrow. So getting back into legs and gaining the muscle back real quick, Only problem like mentioned a few posts up I hate the walking around for 3 days and unable to bend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast