Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    This is going to be out of Left Field but:

Put Hodgson on the 1st line with the Sedins.

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows
    Samuelsson - Wellwood - FA
    4th line is whatever.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    dont rlly like it 2 be honest... i dont like raymond and burrows on the 2nd lien

vCash
    Who u like on line 2?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    maybe an fa and kesler and raymond maybe i dunno he's fast and stuff but so is grabner

vCash
    Put all contract news in here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    This is going to be out of Left Field but:

Put Hodgson on the 1st line with the Sedins.

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows
    Samuelsson - Wellwood - FA
    4th line is whatever.
    I wouldn't find that bizarre at all if we knew he'd be healthy. Didn't he break his foot in March and then miss the playoffs with the Moose or something because he "tweaked" his back again?

I really think we need to do more than shuffle the lines. I'm sure AV has already tried just about every combination known to man anyway. lol.

We just don't have an impact player beyond the Sedins on offence and that needs to change. It goes without saying that the D has to be rebuilt from Ehrhoff up.

vCash
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/featu...=20100515#3018

Kyle Wellwood would like to stay in Vancouver, even though it would mean he'd be stuck behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler as the third-line center. However, the Canucks might be thinking about moving on without him.

The Canucks have about $10 million to play with, and they'll look to use a big chunk of their budget on a shutdown defenseman. Wellwood made $1.2 million a season and will likely demand top-six money, which the Canucks may not be willing to may.

In addition, the Canucks want to give prospect Cody Hodgson an opening to join the NHL roster as the third-line center, the Vancouver Province reports. So we might see Wellwood being forced to sign elsewhere, and he seems OK with that. He told the Province, "I like Vancouver, I like playing in Canada, but at the end of the day it comes down to other factors."

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Honestly, Wellwood deserves to play in a top 6 role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Honestly, Wellwood deserves to play in a top 6 role.
    Too much toe dragging and not consistent enough. If he was more efficient, powerful, and consistent, maybe he could be a top 6 forward, but you have to ask yourself what the quality of the team would be if he was among the 6 best forwards. I wouldn't give that team much of a shot in the post-season.

Actually ... er ... Wellwood WAS one of our top 6 forwards this year (in terms of performance) and look where we ended up.
    Last edited by ink; 05-16-2010 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Too much toe dragging and not consistent enough.
    Yeah but hes got the skill, give him some good linemates and he'll put up 40 ish points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Yeah but hes got the skill, give him some good linemates and he'll put up 40 ish points
    I don't know. Having a player like that among your top forwards means that you're 8th-11th in the Western conference IMO. On a team good enough to win anything, Wellwood doesn't get much of a look. I mean, we're talking about a guy who has put up 21, 27, and 25 points in the last three seasons. He played OK while everyone else got shut down or just plain sucked this post-season. I don't think that merits a promotion. It means we're thin on explosive, playoff-worthy offensive talent.
    Last edited by ink; 05-16-2010 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    A 40 point top 6 player.... are you kidding me?

get rid of that idiot and bring in CoHo.

<3

vCash
    A 40 point top 6 player.... are you kidding me?

get rid of that idiot and bring in CoHo.
    Are you disagreeing that he would put up 40 points, or are you saying that a 40 point top 6 player is bad.

vCash
    considering everyone on our top 6 put up 50+ points... i don't think 40 points is good enough.

<3

vCash
    considering everyone on our top 6 put up 50+ points... i don't think 40 points is good enough.
    I agree with that, but do you realize how little separates Wellwood from our current 2nd line C? Wellwood contributes .47PPG while Kesler is only slightly better at .52PPG. To me that shows how really awful our scoring depth is. I don't get how you guys can be satisfied with that when it obviously just doesn't cut it. Two playoff exits in a row and twice the team is shut down. Look at how the Hawks are able to turn on the power when it counts.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast