Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Help Me Get Into Shape

I'm going to try out for the tennis team, but before I do, I'm going to need to at least get into shape a little bit. I primarily need to loose weight, but probably need to gain some muscle too...

What are the best exercises to do, and what about diet?

PS: my mom just bought an $800 eliptical machine for my step dad for his birthday...

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    Tennis involves alot of running as well as arms and shoulder movement. Not sure what your weight is like or what kind of shape you are in but, You should look into doing HIIT. You can go to youtube and look up HIIT and see quite a few vids that you can do at home.

In addition, while you will need to focus on arms and shoulder workouts for power, you cannot neglect any parts of your body therefore, you should have a full body workout regimen.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    generally i see tennis players w/ a lot of leg and shoulder muscle...

they also like to wear high socks w/ low tops but that's another issue

vCash
    Also, I forgot to mention, your diet is equally as important as working out.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Obviously you'll need a balanced diet (i suck at that haha)

And i'd recommend, just from my rough knowledge of tennis and it's requirements, that you work on your core-that's important for any sport, you need to be able to do some pretty intense cardio, and i'd recommend alot of shoulder excercises. Primarily to tone your shoulders with a light weight b/c you'll tense up if you start lifting alot of weight and you need good flexibility for tennis. Also leg exercises.

vCash
    Well the elliptical will help you lose weight. Make sure you write down everything you eat and write how many calories so you know that you'll burn more than what you eat. Don't eat junk food obviously, and for muscle I would start off with light weights or body weight exercise (push ups, pull ups, etc). To find out a rough estimation of how many calories you burn without exercise, provided you aren't completely sedentary, multiply your weight by 12. Burn more than that and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    I have a question-How do you estimate the amount of calories in a home-made meal. Mexican food is esp. hard to calculate, b/c we always make it in a large anount and it has SOOOO many spices. Any ideas?

vCash
    I would say that leg strength is the most important when it comes to tennis. Squats, leg lunges, leg press, single leg squats are all going to be very important to your play. Next I would say your core, because tennis involves a lot of torque movements so anything that involves or simulates that movement will help a lot.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I have a question-How do you estimate the amount of calories in a home-made meal. Mexican food is esp. hard to calculate, b/c we always make it in a large anount and it has SOOOO many spices. Any ideas?
    The spices won't really add many calories. But it's actually pretty easy to figure out the calories in what you actually make, measure. Rather than just tossing a bunch of food together, measure it with cups, tablespoon, etc... Do that, then look up how many calories in each thing and you got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    stay away from the eliptical. those are garbage.

run. best cardio and works your core which you need. also do sprints or interval training while running.

work your core, tons of ab exercises. light weights, high reps, full body workout.

and to lose weight, when i was in a rush, i took the ECA stack.. dont know how muc hfat gets burned and how much muscle you can gain while taking it... but weight does come off fast.

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    What is this ECA stack? I need to lose weight big time

vCash
    IDK what ECA Stack he takes. But ECA is supposed to be Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin. Really burns the fat, really not healthy/safe.

My recommendation? Stack OEP and Recreate!

OxyElite Pro
    Recreate
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    yes, like sean said.

Ephedrine, Caffiene, Aspirin.

it works.. but i found i wasnt gaining any muscle... and i was weaker. but you do lose weight. and its not safe at all for people who are obese and not active. alot of my friends have taken it with no problems, but some people have died from it.

“It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.” - Mike Singletary

vCash
    I would suggest the P90x workout...it is ****ing fantastic & sucks at the same time, lol.
    Also a great way to watch your weight is to count calories. I did Weight Watchers about a year ago & dropped 12 pounds in a couple of months without any exercise. Every 50 calories is 1 point & I believe I was able to start around 32 points (230lbs)? Then every 50 calories you burn you can add back on for the day.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Also, I forgot to mention, your diet is equally as important as working out.
    It is the most important if you already out of shape.
    [

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast