Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

New Superman Film: Nolan Producing, Goyer Writing

Superman Returns was one of those movies I wanted to love but just could not. For me the focus was to much on trying to put together a film that mirrored the first and also casting somebody who looked like the original man of steal. Talk of a sequel has been on going for a long time and today we have a bunch of updates.

Variety is reporting that David Goyer has pitched a script that will have Superman doing battle with Lex Luthor and Braniac but according to AICN who spoke to Thomas Tull at Legendary Pictures they are not at a script stage yet. So although Variety may be right on the pitching it seems that the filmmakers have not yet accepted the script.

Christopher Nolan who brought new life to Batman will be executive producing the superman sequel. IGN also reports that Jonah Nolan will be writing the script alongside David Goyer which seems to confirm what Variety is reporting. This new Superman Sequel definitely has an all star team working on it so here is hoping it redefines the film franchise for us fans and brings new life to it.
    http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_17759.html

Nolan's brother Jonah has also been rumoured to direct the film. That means the three main pieces of the Batman reboot will unite again to try to do the same with Superman.

vCash
    Enough of Lex Luthor as the main villain please.

vCash
    Never been a real superman fan, Luthor is pretty much the only villain I know of lol.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Kevin Spacey was a good Lex, I thought. It would be nice to see a darker Superman with a bit more violence, as long as there's a decent story there. I also feel like they attempt to attach Nolan's name to it because when people see it there totally behind it, but he may be involved somewhat if his brother does in fact direct.

vCash
    Let's pool these resources into Batman instead, please.

vCash
    Luthor isnt the only Superman villain? I thought it was Luthor and Doomsday. We need to bring back Gene Hackman as Luthor

I think Luthor is necessary to make Superman dark like it seems like they are going to do. I still think it will be hard to make a real Superman film following the comics work because Superman isnt a superhero that is related to because he's ****ing invincible. Batman is like a really rich guy and Spiderman is a teenager who gets bit by a spider. Superman is an alien who is invincible. I think the first actually good Superman movie in the age of these special effects will be the Doomsday one. Which ironically will be the last one lol.

vCash
    superman is incredibly lame, but if there were anybody to give the story new life it would be these fellas

vCash
    I like kevin spacey as an actor but not as lex luthor. They should really look into making superman an action packed film. Doomsday would be a great villian, so will Braniac. Dark Seid is another choice but I think introducing him probably confuse a lot of the other viewers.

vCash
    This was posted 2 weeks ago already..

vCash
    superman have villians brainiac is a good one doomsday, darkseid, parisite and metallo zod etc they all match up well with him

vCash
    sweet News.