Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I didn't say ban them either, did I?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Not if they're abused. You're not connecting the dots here.

Fattening foods are okay when moderated properly. Tobacco, well, not so much.

But just about everything is okay when in proper moderation. Do you really think this doesn't apply to supplements, or do you understand what I'm saying?
    Correct, but who is going to be the "supplement police" to tell you that you are OD'ing? If they made it so where you had to get prescription for supplements then it can be policed because you wont be able to refill it until a specified date.

But that now is a whole new issue, because now we will have to go to a sports medicine doctor just to get a prescription. Which means increased income for doctors.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I'm not saying that there's a better way to do it, but I want a non-affiliated 3rd party to investigate whether this S is truly okay for me to take or not.

vCash
    I am not sure what you are suggesting but the article mentioned banning substances, which I am totally against. I am all for knowing whats a safe dosage of something, whats abuse, and whats bad for me.

vCash
    Why would they ban it if there's no reason to?

vCash
    "If this bill passes, the FDA would have full discretion and power to compile a discreet list of supplements allowed to remain on the market. Supplements drawn entirely from food and long established supplements or supplement potencies could be arbitrarily banned."

Who knows why the government does anything that it does? Maybe so they can have more control, more taxes, etc. I don't really know. I just don't enjoy the government telling me what to do, especially when the person next to me can go smoke a damn cancer stick whenever he feels like it. Why aren't tobacco products banned??? Money. That's it. There is not money in supplements for the government.

vCash
    I don't think their can truly be a guideline for a safe dosage because of the varying differences between one human being and another such as age, weight, height, genetics, ethnicity, physical history, allergies, etc...

vCash
    If they have that guideline for alcohol, why can't they have one for supplements?

vCash
    I agree with guidelines 100%. I just dont believe that people always follow them unfortunately.

vCash
    Don't they already have guidelines? I think you can't get some supps if you're under 18

vCash
    Some...but a lot of stuff has no RDA.

vCash
    I believe the government would be slapped with anti-trust lawsuits immediately if they tried to pull anything like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    If they have that guideline for alcohol, why can't they have one for supplements?
    That won't work. Alcohol, regardless of shape, form or color is designed to achieve the same goal once ingested by the body which is inebriation. Therefore, measuring blood alcohol content is easy regardless of the person.

Supplements however come in many different shapes and sizes. Not to mention the goal of the supplement. For example, how can you measure someone who is OD'ing on Creatine and apply those same protocols to Amino Acids? You can't and that's the bottom line.

You'll need thousands of protocols for the thousands of supplements out there on the market. And even then, they still wont get it right due to the determining factors that I mentioned in my previous post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    That won't work. Alcohol, regardless of shape, form or color is designed to achieve the same goal once ingested by the body which is inebriation. Therefore, measuring blood alcohol content is easy regardless of the person.

Supplements however come in many different shapes and sizes. Not to mention the goal of the supplement. For example, how can you measure someone who is OD'ing on Creatine and apply those same protocols to Amino Acids? You can't and that's the bottom line.

You'll need thousands of protocols for the thousands of supplements out there on the market. And even then, they still wont get it right due to the determining factors that I mentioned in my previous post.
    you said it well.. the gov. just cant dip it's paws in this market as much as alco. or tobacc... **** they are tryin to make WEED legal cuz they are finally seein the kinda money THEY can make off the PLANT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanFinger View Post
    you said it well.. the gov. just cant dip it's paws in this market as much as alco. or tobacc... **** they are tryin to make WEED legal cuz they are finally seein the kinda money THEY can make off the PLANT.
    Don't get me started on weed lol

Not that I've ever tried it but it just makes sense for the government to legalize it. Think of all the senseless violence that would stop because weed is now legal. Not too mention the overcrowded jails would ease up a bit.

The government can put an age limit on the purchasing of weed and restrict the hours of sales as well as the location of sales, but the most important thing is..... they can TAX it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast