Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cop-Out

vCash
    This is the type of movie that I won't voluntarily ask my friends if they want to see but I'll ***** out and go if they ask me (if that makes any sense).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I thought it looked kind of funny. It has a 7.1 on IMDB so far (only 300 votes). I'll still check it out.
    It had a 20% rating for Rotten Tomatoes.

vCash
    Jokes were hit and miss. Overall it wasn't terrible, wasn't great.

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

vCash
    I like Bruce Willis. So-so on Tracey Morgan. But the movie in general doesn't look that great.

Wait for it to come on cable television.

vCash
    just came back from seeing it
    it was pretty dope and Im a big Bruce Willis fan and tracy morgan was pretty funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It had a 20% rating for Rotten Tomatoes.
    The same site who gave The Hangover a 78% and Dumb and Dumber a 62%? I'm finding out that it's ridiculous to not see a movie because of their rating.. especially when it comes to comedy films.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I'm in the minority of actually liking Tracey Morgan. I don't know what it is, but I find him hilarious.

vCash
    The red band trailer made me want to see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The same site who gave The Hangover a 78% and Dumb and Dumber a 62%? I'm finding out that it's ridiculous to not see a movie because of their rating.. especially when it comes to comedy films.
    Is not the site that gives the movies a rating, is the % of positives reviews that critics all over gave the movie.

vCash
    it looks like it could be either really stupid or pretty funny. i won't pay 7 bucks to see it in the theater though. it might be one of those movies that you ask yourself why the hell did i pay seven bucks to see this garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not the site that gives the movies a rating, is the % of positives reviews that critics all over gave the movie.
    And critics generally destroy all horror and comedy movies because those types of movies arent meant to be critically acclaimed, just entertained, thats why listening to reviews on either genre of movie is ********.

If you think its worth it, go see it, if you don't, then wait.

I don't think this is worth it. But im a tad torn since I generally like Kevin Smith movies.

The reason i dont think its worth it is because I saw Kevin Smith talk about this movie before it was even in production and it seemed like he just wanted to do a movie with Bruce Willis as the lead (they met while filming Die Hard 4) but it seemed like he couldn't figure out a good enough movie for him so he did a buddy flick with Tracey Morgan and basically made a Lethal Weapon knockoff.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 02-27-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    And critics generally destroy all horror and comedy movies because those types of movies arent meant to be critically acclaimed, just entertained, thats why listening to reviews on either genre of movie is ********.

If you think its worth it, go see it, if you don't, then wait.

I don't think this is worth it. But im a tad torn since I generally like Kevin Smith movies.

The reason i dont think its worth it is because I saw Kevin Smith talk about this movie before it was even in production and it seemed like he just wanted to do a movie with Bruce Willis as the lead (they met while filming Die Hard 4) but it seemed like he couldn't figure out a good enough movie for him so he did a buddy flick with Tracey Morgan and basically made a Lethal Weapon knockoff.
    If you get 60%+ positive rating it means the movie itself is well received among critics.

Anchorman got 65%
    Dumb and Dumber 62%
    Superbad got 87%
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall got 84%
    40 Year old virgin got 85%
    Friday got 79%

For the most past good comedies get overall good ratings, yes there are the exceptions like

Grandma's boy which got 17% and that movie is ****ing gold.

Horror movies over all are ****** or at least anything that has been made in recent history, but if it was a good horror movie, then they usually get good reviews.

Scream 79%
    28 days later 88%
    A nightmare on elm street 94%
    Halloween 93%
    Texas chainsaw massacre 90%

Now I do agree that nobody should only go by what critics think, If you want to go see something or if you like a certain actor who most people dislike go and support them.

...but my point is that good movies usually get good reviews and ****** movies usually get ****** reviews.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    A generic cop movie with a more serious white guy and a goofier black guy? That's definitely never been made before .

Anyway, I will not be seeing this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    I'm in the minority of actually liking Tracey Morgan. I don't know what it is, but I find him hilarious.
    same.

vCash
    i enjoyed the movie. the first half of the movie was the funniest.

the story line was complete **** but come on, it stared tracy morgan... what would you expect lol. but it was still really funny so it was worth it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast