Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Michael Bay. 'nuff said.

vCash
    Looks ok, may check it out when it comes out on DVD.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I like Jackie Earle Haley but hate Michael Bay...so I'm not sure what to think of this one. Probably wait for the DVD either way, but I'll admit it does look better than most remakes these days.
    Hit the nail on the head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman View Post
    I haven't seen the Friday the 13th remake and didn't really like the Amityville Horror remake, but I was actually somewhat impressed with the TCM remake. It wasn't great, but seemed more like a horror movie than the original even (the original is good, but it's a comedy first and foremost...just a really odd, creepy one).
    Bay produced the TCM remake and am hoping that he wont **** on this remake and it turns up as good as that one was. FT13 and Amityville remakes were as ****** as ****** can be.

My problem is that FT13, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm ST were ****ing classic horror movies with no need to be remade.

vCash
    Isn't Michael Bay just a producer? You guys are judging movies that haven't come out yet, not by the actors, or the director, but the damn producer? I never understood that.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    Isn't Michael Bay just a producer? You guys are judging movies that haven't come out yet, not by the actors, or the director, but the damn producer? I never understood that.
    People ***** about Michael Bay because of his directing. He tends to make his movies too actiony, goes overboard with the special effects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    People ***** about Michael Bay because of his directing. He tends to make his movies too actiony, goes overboard with the special effects.
    Ah, then it's just as I suspected. People who put way to much though into the movies and shows they watch instead of just ****ing watching them. The only movies I can think of off the top of my head that Bay is associated with are the transformers movies, enjoyed the first one, second one sucked. I just thought it sucked because the plot and story were ********, not because of the special effects, that was the only part about the damn movie that was any good. Then there are the bad boys films, which I love, didn't see anything wrong with them. Of course I don't over psychoanalyze every movie I watch.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    ^I'm with you. I swear nobody likes anything in the entertainment forum unless it was made like 10 years ago and is an untouchable classic

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    This looks the opposite of good.

Even when they blatantly steal shots, and imagery from the original....it still looks gay.

Michael Bay producing + music video hack directing = a big opening box office weekend because that's what every horror remake does, no matter how crappy of a film it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman
    but I was actually somewhat impressed with the TCM remake. It wasn't great, but seemed more like a horror movie than the original even (the original is good, but it's a comedy first and foremost...just a really odd, creepy one).
    I agree. The original TCM was, well...original. Had a unique style that mixed creepy imagery, and gritty scenes of violence with a dark humor that made it a classic.

The remake was just a bland horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz
    Ah, then it's just as I suspected. People who put way to much though into the movies and shows they watch instead of just ****ing watching them.
    Word. Thinking is bull ****.
    Last edited by gcoll; 02-26-2010 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    i wasnt a huge fan of the original freddy kruger movies. this one might be decent, but i just never thought the older freddy movies were terrifying to me.

vCash
    Bay is the producer which basically means nothing.

This looks intriguing, probably still not worth it in theaters.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Bay is the producer which basically means nothing.

This looks intriguing, probably still not worth it in theaters.
    Exactly. While producers are important, they aren't directing, putting together camera angles, working with the actors, doing edits, etc. From what I understand, they're more so involved in distribution, raising funds, marketing and hiring... Not the day to day stuff that will make or break a movie.

I could be wrong, but that was always my understanding.

vCash
    Well the director is a 1st time movie director who only has directed music videos before.

vCash
    Meh, that doesn't concern me a whole lot. David Fincher's second movie ever was Se7en, and before that he was a music video director. Not saying this guy will be the next David Fincher, but it's been done before.

Side note: This guy's music video career is pretty impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    Meh, that doesn't concern me a whole lot. David Fincher's second movie ever was Se7en, and before that he was a music video director. Not saying this guy will be the next David Fincher, but it's been done before.

Side note: This guy's music video career is pretty impressive.
    ...and david Fincher's 1st film was alien 3 which was a piece of **** movie.

...but am not going to say he will be bad. Hell the movie I most liked this past year was made by a director making his 1st movie in Neill Blomkamp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast