Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    looks alright. Not a fan of the hack and slash films.

Surprised they didn't make this 3D too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    looks alright. Not a fan of the hack and slash films.

Surprised they didn't make this 3D too.
    If they made this 3D, then I would have skipped totally. I hate the 3D gimmick for the most part.

vCash
    I loved the Friday the 13th remake, so I am up for anything that isn't directed by Rob Zombie.
    "You don't choose to be a Liverpool fan. You get chosen."
    Kenny Dalglish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    Exactly. While producers are important, they aren't directing, putting together camera angles, working with the actors, doing edits, etc. From what I understand, they're more so involved in distribution, raising funds, marketing and hiring... Not the day to day stuff that will make or break a movie.

I could be wrong, but that was always my understanding.
    Producers are monumentally important to a film, moreso than the director in almost every case in modern Hollywood cinema. Making a movie is hard to pin down like you have here, for example the director isn't generally doing the camera angles or edits (that's what cinematographers, set designers, editors, and the entire production crew are for). Directors have creative control over the more mundane aspects of film, much of which is cherished by film buffs, but producers are responsible for the choosing of scripts, hiring of the correct people, direction and tone the film will take, etc. In other words, the producer is the director's boss.

Some directors are just that talented to where they get to do whatever they want (very rare), but many of the good ones simply produce and direct films when they want to - like Michael Bay. The producer is certainly more responsible for the overall success of the film. If the cinematography is poor it's not the cinematographer who gets the blame - it's the producer for letting the director use a piss-poor cinematographer with poor direction (Quantum of Solace). It's no accident that many successful producers begin as directors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If they made this 3D, then I would have skipped totally. I hate the 3D gimmick for the most part.
    Same. All 3-D tells me is that it can't sell a damn without silly special effects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    Meh, that doesn't concern me a whole lot. David Fincher's second movie ever was Se7en, and before that he was a music video director. Not saying this guy will be the next David Fincher, but it's been done before.

Side note: This guy's music video career is pretty impressive.
    You can tell by looking at the trailer how the movie is. It's going to be exactly like every other remake that has come out in the last 5 years.

"micro naps" that's all you have to hear to know this is going to suck.

And in terms of producer/director relationship. It depends on who is who. A guy like Tarantino can call his own shots, but if the guy isn't a big name director, the producer can push him around.

With Michael Bay's horror remakes, he almost always uses a music video director. My guess is that they are probably cheaper.
    Last edited by gcoll; 02-27-2010 at 04:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    looks pretty good, looks like the remake will be batman-eque being more serious with a much more sinister freddy. I dont think I've seen a freddy movie all the way through, which ones would you guys recomend?
    The first one for sure.

vCash
    I don't get why people hate the Amityville horror remake so much... I actually found it quite enjoyable...

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    looks decent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123