Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Being sick/frustration

Well, just wanted to share what I'm going through now.

In third grade I had severe anxiety. Well, recently it returned for no apparent reason and it causes me to go into very anxious states. Well, it returned about a month ago and I haven't had any in about a week.

Once it stopped, I had been excited about working out again. I've grown extremely tired of swimming for an hour everyday, and while I do plan on continuing the sport, I plan to do it more sparingly.

Anyway, to the point. About a week ago I went to the gym and started getting into weights. It's the best feeling I've ever had in my 4 years of working out. I love the burn in my body. I also picked it up and started using the cross trainer and several other programs on the cross trainer.

Unfortunately, this morning I woke up with a pounding headache and my throat feeling completely inflamed. I'm about to head to the doctor, but I can barely get out of my room to head to the bathroom because I'm feverish. Furthermore, I tend to get a much bigger appetite when I'm sick, so I'm a bit worried about putting on weight and killing any progress I've made in the past week.

What do you guys do when you get sick? Do you tend to eat more/less? Do you experience frustration or just tell yourself that you'll get back to it no matter what?

vCash
    Being sick is the worse! I know for a fact I tend to eat all the wrong things while sick. The best thing to eat honestly is homemade chicken or beef soup. Throw veggies in there and you have yourself a nutritious meal.

Unfortunately, I wind up eating stupid things like Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream ( )
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Being sick sucks!!! Kills me. I usually eat a lot less and what I do eat tends to be junk. It can be very frustrating but unfortunately its part of life. Just stay positive and after a couple of workouts back you will be fine.

vCash
    Hang in there, ML. Being sick sucks so bad... but you'll get back into the groove pretty quick once you're feeling better.

vCash
    Yeah i went through my rut about 3 weeks ago. Tried to go to the gym and had a hard time breathing. I basically struggled through my workout.

vCash
    lots of water.. throw in a few emergen-c packets for flavor

vCash
    Thanks everyone. Went back to the gym today and hopped on a treadmill and was extremely embarrassed. Two minutes into my workout I felt this weird pain in the side of my stomach and had to end up running to the bathroom. Luckily no one else was in there!

Regardless, I'm completely flushed out now. I've done nothing but drink tea and water the entire day and have been consistent with my diet, so I should be back for tomorrow.

vCash
    I found this magical supplement called "NO xplod"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    I found this magical supplement called "NO xplod"
    We've got a few guys (like myself) who've been on NO Xplode, it's all posted in the supplement thread.