Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "17 million people. This is got to be the fifth biggest economy in the world and nobody knows each other. I read about this guy who gets on the MTA here, dies. Six hours he's riding the subway before anybody notices his corpse doing laps around L.A., people on and off sitting next to him. Nobody notices."

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Some motha****er's are always tryin' to iceskate up hill ~ Blade

You know what the problem with Hollywood is? They make ****. Unbelievable, unremarkable ****. Now I'm not some grungy wannabe filmmaker that's searching for existentialism through a haze of bong smoke or something. No, it's easy to pick apart bad acting, short-sighted directing, and a purely moronic stringing together of words that many of the studios term as "prose". No, I'm talking about the lack of realism. Realism; not a pervasive element in today's modern American cinematic vision. Take Dog Day Afternoon, for example. Arguably Pacino's best work, short of Scarface and Godfather Part 1, of course. Masterpiece of directing, easily Lumet's best. The cinematography, the acting, the screenplay, all top-notch. But... they didn't push the envelope. Now what if in Dog Day, Sonny REALLY wanted to get away with it? What if - now here's the tricky part - what if he started killing hostages right away? No mercy, no quarter. "Meet our demands or the pretty blonde in the bellbottoms gets it the back of the head." Bam, splat! What, still no bus? Come on! How many innocent victims splattered across a window would it take to have the city reverse its policy on hostage situations? And this is 1976; there's no CNN, there's no CNBC, there's no internet! Now fast forward to today, present time, same situation. How quickly would the modern media make a frenzy over this? In a matter of hours, it'd be biggest story from Boston to Budapest! Ten hostages die, twenty, thirty; bam bam, right after another, all caught in high-def, computer-enhanced, color corrected. You can practically taste the brain matter. All for what? A bus, a plane? A couple of million dollars that's federally insured? I don't think so. Just a thought. I mean, it's not within the realm of conventional cinema... but what if?
    Trick or Treat

vCash
    changed mine.

"When polar bears hunt, they crouch down by a hole in the ice and wait for a seal to pop up. They keep one paw over their nose so that they blend in, because they've got those black noses. They'd blend in perfectly if not for the nose. So the question is, how do they know their noses are black? From looking at other polar bears? Do they see their reflections in the water and think, "I'd be invisible if not for that." That seems like a lot of thinking for a bear." The Informant

vCash
    "Can't do much damage with that now can we? Perhaps it should have been rule of wrist" - Boondock Saints

"An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Fight Club

vCash
    oh and just one more. It's so hard to pick just one. A movie buff like myself would definitely have to break it down into subgenres.

"Now the first time you kill somebody, that's the hardest. I don't give a **** if you're ****in' Wyatt Earp or Jack the Ripper. Remember that guy in Texas? The guy up in that ****in' tower that killed all them people? I'll bet you green money that first little black dot he took a bead on, that was the ***** of the bunch. First one is tough, no ****in' foolin'. The second one... the second one ain't no ****in' Mardis Gras either, but it's better than the first one 'cause you still feel the same thing, y'know... except it's more diluted, y'know it's... it's better. I threw up on the first one, you believe that? Then the third one... the third one is easy, you level right off. It's no problem. Now... ****... now I do it just to watch their ****in' expression change. " - True Romance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkool65 View Post
    changed mine.

"When polar bears hunt, they crouch down by a hole in the ice and wait for a seal to pop up. They keep one paw over their nose so that they blend in, because they've got those black noses. They'd blend in perfectly if not for the nose. So the question is, how do they know their noses are black? From looking at other polar bears? Do they see their reflections in the water and think, "I'd be invisible if not for that." That seems like a lot of thinking for a bear." The Informant
    Great line from a great movie. I don't care what anyone says, that was the best movie of 2009

Whit or whit-out you. Whit or whit-ooooooooout you.

vCash
    Who's Motorcycle is this. It's a Chopper baby. Who's Chopper is This? Zeds. Who's Zed? Zed's Dead Baby............Zed's dead

Did you eat alot of paint chips when you were a kid?
    Why?

There's two kinds of people in this world: Those who get stomped on and those who do the stomping.
    Where'd you come up with that theory?
    That famous guy said it. What's his name? Uh... Oh, yeah: Jesus!

And there's the Saigon whore that bit my nose off!

vCash
    "my uncle says you've got a few screws loose"

"yeah, well your uncle molests collies"
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker. This guy ****ing walks. I've never been more certain of anything in my life!
    Watched this again last night, such a funny movie.

Walter Sobchak: OVER THE LINE!
    Smokey: Huh?
    Walter Sobchak: I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul.
    Smokey: ********. Mark it 8, Dude.
    Walter Sobchak: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.
    Smokey: ********, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.
    Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

The Stranger: I like your style, Dude.
    The Dude: Well, I dig your style too, man. Got the whole cowboy thing goin'.
    The Stranger: Thankee.

Walter Sobchak: Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.

The Dude: Just take it easy man.
    Walter Sobchak: I'm perfectly calm Dude.
    The Dude: [shouting] Yeah, waving the ****ing gun around?
    Walter Sobchak: Calmer than you are.
    The Dude: Will you just take it easy?
    Walter Sobchak: Calmer than you are.

The Dude: Uh, and then, uh, the music business, briefly.
    Maude Lebowski: Oh?
    The Dude: Yeah. Roadie for Metallica
    Maude Lebowski: Oh.
    The Dude: Speed of Sound Tour
    Maude Lebowski: Mm-hmm.
    The Dude: Bunch of *******s.
    Last edited by Squad13; 02-23-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Lets go.

vCash
    "Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a ****. You're a **** now, and you've always been a ****. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger ****. Maybe have some more **** kids." - In Bruges

vCash
    "The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. *****. "

"Roses are red, violets are blue... **** you, whore"

vCash
    Those of you who are fortunate to survive, leave. But leave your limbs behind, they belong to me now.

vCash
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Anything Jack Burton says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman View Post
    Great line from a great movie. I don't care what anyone says, that was the best movie of 2009
    I agree, it was extemely underrated. Its really fry comedy which I think a lot of people dont like in the age of poop jokes and nut shots. Me and my friends were the only people laughing during this movie for the most part in a packed movie theater. Best of the year may be too much for me, but top 5 for sure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast