Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Actor Andrew Koenig found dead in Vancouver (Post 12)

Police are asking for the public's help in locating actor Andrew Koenig, who had a recurring role on the 1980s sitcom Growing Pains.

Vancouver police say Koenig was visiting friends in West Vancouver when he went missing. He was last seen on Feb. 14.

A statement released by the police department says Koenig "has recently been despondent and his family and friends are concerned for his well-being."

Koenig, 41, lives in Venice, Calif., but at one time lived in Vancouver. He is the son of Walter Koenig, who played Chekov on the Star Trek television series and movies.

On Growing Pains Koenig played Boner, a pal of star Kirk Cameron's character Mike.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=123976270

We touched on it this morning in the roundup, but I wanted to just give one more shout to the effort that's underway to find any information anyone has about actor Andrew Koenig, who's been missing for about a week, after being last seen in Vancouver on February 14.

Koenig as an actor may be most familiar to you from his role as Richard "Boner" Stabone on Growing Pains, but he's now firmly entrenched in an awfully strong comedy cabal with the guys who work on Never Not Funny, where he's the video guy. The podcast has featured Dave Holmes (one of my top pop-culture humans of 2009, remember), along with other folks like Paul F. Tompkins, Conan O'Brien, and lots and lots of others.

His friends are on Facebook trying to find him, his disappearance has been covered on Twitter by practically everybody whose feed I follow, and his dad (Walter Koenig, of Star Trek) has talked about the search, and has been pretty open about the fact that Andrew suffered from depression. As you can imagine, they're very eager to locate him.

The odds that any one post, tweet, update, or anything else is going to lead to somebody recognizing the guy are admittedly small. But it's been quite an impressive outpouring that has suggested an awful lot of people have a lot of affection for him, so one more stick on the fire can't hurt. If you know anybody in Vancouver, now's the time to make sure they've seen this story and know that any information at all would be a kindness to the family and all his very worried pals.

Here's what his dad asks: "If you've seen Andrew since February 14th, PLEASE contact Detective Raymond Payette of the Vancouver PD at 604-717-2534."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...ew_koenig.html

Through things like the podcast Never Not Funny (which is how I know of him) and his work in the comedy scene, there are a TON of people posting stuff all over the place:

His friend's Facebook page.
    Chris Hardwick's blog.
    The comedy site A Special Thing.
    E! On-line.
    TMZ
    Yahoo!
    Doug Benson's Twitter
    Sarah Silverman's Twitter
    Even people from TV Land's PR are getting involved. There's pictures all over the place, and the number is posted up above, if you happen to live in the Vancouver area, just keep an eye out if you happen to be on the streets.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I read this a couple of days ago. I hope he is OK. He was great on Growing pains. I still remember a episode with him and a tape recorder that cracked me up like 20 years ago.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I read this a couple of days ago. I hope he is OK. He was great on Growing pains. I still remember a episode with him and a tape recorder that cracked me up like 20 years ago.
    Ha, I actually remember that episode. When I clicked on the thread I had no idea who he was, but I watched that show alot when I was younger.

Hopefully he ends up being fine, I have to say though, the thread title could have had endless possibilities:

Boner has gone missing

Vancouver looking for boner

Where's the boner?

vCash
    Radar On-Line is reporting that Vancouver police think he is alive and still in the Vancouver area:

Missing Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig is believed to still be alive in the Vancouver area according to the Vancouver Police Department. In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, Constable Tim Fanning revealed the good news about the actor.

“Electronic information leads us to believe that Andrew is still in the Vancouver area,” Fanning said. He added that the police tracked his ATM card and his phone usage. “We think Andrew is just lying low in Vancouver.”

There have been multiple sightings of Andrew in Vancouver, leading police to feel, “hopeful that he is still alive.”

Constable Fanning said that they have spoken to friends and family members of Koenig’s who said, “Andrew has been despondent and is going through a tough time.

"His family is very concerned.”
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ing-pains-star
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    There's nothing wrong with him right, no disease or syndromes or anything. Hope they find him.

vCash
    I think he has clinical depression, but otherwise not as far as I know or have seen anywhere.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Sheesh, scary stuff. Hopefully they find him and everything is alright.

vCash
    Larry King had his sister, Danielle Koenig (Jimmy Pardo's wife, and a writer for The Dish, which is the Style network's version of The Soup) on to talk about this: http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...iref=allsearch
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Always wondered how they got away with calling him "Boner" on Growing Pains....hopw everything is ok.

vCash
    They say he gave 30 days notice on his home so it looks like he was trying to be considerate before disappearing. That he had a plan. I feel bad for him, his family and friends. I'm holding out hope he is OK.

vCash
    Apparently the Radar On-Line report was false:

UPDATE:

If you've seen Andrew since February 14th, contact Detective Raymond Payette of the Vancouver PD at 604-717-2534.

Contrary to some reports, police have no evidence that Andrew is alive and in hiding. The statement Vancouver Constable Tim Fanning gave CNN was: "There's nothing right now to believe that anything has happened to him. We're certainly very concerned, as (are) his family and friends. But there's no evidence to believe that there's foul play involved at this point." In addition, Fanning stated: "People don't just fall off the face of the map without, obviously, having some sort of problems, and we're hoping that maybe he's just trying to lie low and, you know, spend some time by himself."

Further, a police department press release stated: "There's no new information to report in the disappearance of Andrew Koenig. Investigators continue to follow up on the many tips they have received. Cell phone and banking records up until the time he disappeared lead police to believe he is still in the Vancouver area. There has been no cell phone or bank activity since February 16th when he was last seen in south Vancouver. Police are still hopeful that Andrew will be found alive and safe."

The website team urges people to rely on major news outlets (such as CNN) for accurate information, or to visit the VPD media site for the newest press release: http://vancouver.ca/media_wa/
    http://www.pardcast.com
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Sad news:

Andrew Koenig's Body Believed to Have Been Found

Thursday – February 25, 2010 – 6:59pm

Vancouver Police have discovered a body they believe to be former Growing Pains actor Andrew Koenig, who has been missing since Feb. 16.

The body was found in Vancouver's Stanley Park Thursday, police said in a statement.

Police are holding a press conference in at 5 p.m. Thursday at the Vancouver Police Mounted Squad stables in Stanley Park. The Koenig family will attend.

On Wednesday, Koenig's father, Star Trek star Walter Koenig, pleaded on NBC's Today show for his son to contact them. "I just want to know you’re OK,” he said.

Burlesque artist Jenny Magenta -- the last person to see Koenig alive -- previously told UsMagaizne.com she didn't "have a good feeling" about the whereabouts of her pal, who played Kirk Cameron's pal Boner on the hit '80s sitcom.

She told Us that during her last days with Koenig -- who had battled depression -- he "didn’t seem quite right."
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...-found-2010252

vCash
    RIP if it's true.

vCash
    RIP Boner

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If I would have known this was about Boner I would have checked the thread quite a few days ago. Legend.
    x2

RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast