Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whey Protein

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    what??? milk as a lot of nutrition including protein in it and it makes the protein shakes taste way better. i cant even get a protein shake down if its mixed with water.
    In my eyes(not to be critical), sometimes achieving the best results can't always be easy. Sometimes you have to say screw it, hold your nose and chug. The results will be worth it if you keep it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Padres Son View Post
    Right, but so what? I mean, you're still getting the whey protein (in fact you're getting more whey protein) and it's still going to digest fast. The casein will digest while you're working out.
    The reason you take whey protein is to speed up the process of getting protein to your muscles. It makes no sense to slow it down. The quicker you get the protein to your muscles, the better. Milk can slow down that process quite a bit.

You're going to get, what, 25 grams of whey protein from a shake? Is it really worth it to add milk to get that 2 more grams of whey and 6 grams of casein? It's not going to do anything good for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    In my eyes(not to be critical), sometimes achieving the best results can't always be easy. Sometimes you have to say screw it, hold your nose and chug. The results will be worth it if you keep it up.
    yea but the difference isnt that big concerning digestion. milk has a lot of nutrients that are good and very beneficiary for weight training. and water has none.

vCash
    yea but the difference isnt that big concerning digestion. milk has a lot of nutrients that are good and very beneficiary for weight training. and water has none.
    Drinking milk is going to negate the Whey protein. Water will not. The whole point of using Whey is to get protein to your muscles quicker.

If you don't have the discipline to drink water as opposed to milk, that's pretty sad. If you think it's better to drink milk as opposed to water, then you're just misinformed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Drinking milk is going to negate the Whey protein. Water will not. The whole point of using Whey is to get protein to your muscles quicker.

If you don't have the discipline to drink water as opposed to milk, that's pretty sad. If you think it's better to drink milk as opposed to water, then you're just misinformed.
    Where are you getting this from??? How does milk "negate" whey protein? This is just wrong.

Read this WHOLE thread, then tell me what you think.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3742361

vCash
    Does too have training benefits:

WATER
    Water is so important and yet so many people avoid it. Why? Probably because they donít like having to use the washroom all the time, but believe the bodybuilding community: it is highly anabolic. Water has many benefits and this article will not address each and everyone but some important ones as they pertain to athletic performance.

Water:
    -clears out toxins
    -Makes supplements like creatine more effective because creatine pulls water into muscle cells and for this you need a lot of water.
    -A lot of vitamins are water soluble so you need water to make the vitamins function properly.
    -for every gram of glycogen stored in cells, 3-4 grams of water will be stored. This can cause some serious cell volumization.
    -helps to regulate body temperature.

-dex, USPL Rep
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Milk is fine for whey protein...but it all depends on your goals. If you want to bulk up, add milk. If you are cutting, use water. Both are obviously beneficial.

vCash
    Anyone try the new Monster Milk?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I prefer to get my protein intake from real food; that's just me. I enjoy some brands that do offer tasty shakes but real food will offer so much more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

well i guess my friends who are trainers and a nutritionist are all misinformed then too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Does too have training benefits:
    im not saying waters bad. i drink a lot of of it. but it doesnt have any nutrition in it. like protein or anything.

vCash
    im not saying waters bad. i drink a lot of of it. but it doesnt have any nutrition in it. like protein or anything.
    A lot of the nutrition you are in-taking needs water in order to work correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    A lot of the nutrition you are in-taking needs water in order to work correctly.
    Obviously, you should be drinking a lot of water if you're working out. But it really makes no difference whether you choose to mix your protein with milk or water. Protein isn't going to "not work" if you mix it with milk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Padres Son View Post
    Where are you getting this from??? How does milk "negate" whey protein? This is just wrong.

Read this WHOLE thread, then tell me what you think.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3742361
    I do water simply because I don't want to pay for milk.

But I think you're missing his point. For me at least, I do post-workout whey protein to quickly refuel (feed) muscles with protein so they can grow instead of "cannibalizing". Milk WILL slow down this process of getting protein to your muscles - by how much I have no idea, I'm not a trainer. So if one's goal in taking whey protein is to provide a source of protein as fast as possible, it makes sense to use water.

I'm sure either way isn't a big deal and the benefits will still be there no matter which one you mix it with, but I just think you're missing the logic in his post.
    If you think this is my signature, you're right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00sxy View Post
    I do water simply because I don't want to pay for milk.

But I think you're missing his point. For me at least, I do post-workout whey protein to quickly refuel (feed) muscles with protein so they can grow instead of "cannibalizing". Milk WILL slow down this process of getting protein to your muscles - by how much I have no idea, I'm not a trainer. So if one's goal in taking whey protein is to provide a source of protein as fast as possible, it makes sense to use water.

I'm sure either way isn't a big deal and the benefits will still be there no matter which one you mix it with, but I just think you're missing the logic in his post.
    I don't want to keep this argument going on and on.. but if you read the thread that I linked to, you'd know that what you wrote just isn't true.

If you choose to mix with water because you can do it immediately as you leave the gym as opposed to going home to mix with milk, then yeah, you're getting protein to your muscles faster with water. But as far as digestion goes, there is ZERO evidence to suggest that water gets protein to your muscles faster than milk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast